Broncos vs Souths Game Thread (Teams Announced)

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos official team:
1 Darius Boyd
2 Denan Kemp
3 Steve Michaels
4 Justin Hodges
5 Reece Robinson
6 Darren Lockyer ©
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Michael Ennis
10 Sam Thaiday
11 David Stagg
12 Ashton Sims
13 Tonie Carroll
Interchange
14 Joel Clinton
15 Nick Kenny
16 Greg Eastwood
17 David Taylor
18 Joel Moon

OUT: Hunt and Parker (knee injuries)
IN: Lockyer, Robinson, Moon.

I hope this time that even if Lockyer plays, that Clinton or Kenny drop off the bench. We can't afford to lose Lockyer and only have 4 forwards on the bench.

Under 20s team:

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Mitch Rivett
3 Will Tupou
4 Gerard Beale
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Andrew McCullough
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Tom Butterfield
10 Dunamis Lui
11 Matt Handcock
12 Michael Spence
13 Alex Glenn ©
Interchange
14 Jared Kahu
15 Guy Ford
16 Josh Coyle
17 Jeremiah Walters
18 Troyden Watene

IN: Coyle, Watene
OUT: Mitchell Dodds

This is the one time I'm not worried about us having these wingers. Jeremy Smith is the worst player in the NRL, so there is 0% chance they will be tested at all.

Alec said:
This is the one time I'm not worried about us having these wingers. Jeremy Smith is the worst player in the NRL, so there is 0% chance they will be tested at all.

No, Danny Nutley is. Closely followed by Mick Crocker. And then Cooper Cronk (hi Flutterby) icon_thumbs_u

A really solid team, although I still wonder if Lockyer is ready to play a full game.

Perhaps starting Stagg at 5/8, Kenny at prop, Thaiday back row and Locky off the bench, with Moon dropping out.

I'd really like to see Clinton get more game time, increase his fitness and form, and give us value for money.

rnabokov said:
A really solid team, although I still wonder if Lockyer is ready to play a full game.

Perhaps starting Stagg at 5/8, Kenny at prop, Thaiday back row and Locky off the bench, with Moon dropping out.

I'd really like to see Clinton get more game time, increase his fitness and form, and give us value for money.

In the scenario you've described, I'm pretty sure they'd put Clinton at starting prop, since he started last week. It wouldn't surprise me if that's how they go.

However, if it really is about Locky proving he's ready to play the Test, he'll start.

i'd rather see Clinton on the 1st 20 then thaiday come on for the rest of the game.

moon should drop off as eastwood can play anywhere.

Asked Broncos media man about PJ Marsh, response:

"Hopefully next week".

FMD, that's a superb pack.

Make no mistake, this is a BIG danger game for the Broncos. Never look forward to facing a team on a big losing streak.

Coxy said:
rnabokov said:

In the scenario you've described, I'm pretty sure they'd put Clinton at starting prop, since he started last week. It wouldn't surprise me if that's how they go.

However, if it really is about Locky proving he's ready to play the Test, he'll start.

That sounds just as good to me - it's a really strong set of forwards whichever way you look at it.

And I agree Eastwood could be an ideal utility - backs and forwards (although NOT on the bloody wing).

I just really hope that we don't lose Lockyer for when it really counts for the Broncs.

Coxy said:
OUT: Hunt and Parker (knee injuries)

:evil:

We have enough to win it.

As many have said in the other thread about Lockyer, I hope he hasn't come back too soon.

If we take Souths' lightly, they might get their first win for 2008.

Unlucky Kels!!! He has a week and a bit to recover for the tigers game [icon_pray.

I hope for your sake and ours he does come back, so you can take your banner and so we dont hear about it until he comes back [icon_lol1.

Glad to See Boyd At Fullback was abit worried Hodges would get it and stagg would be thrown in the Center spot..

Nothing against Stagg or Hodges i just Enjoyed Boyd at Fullback last week he seemed to pop up when needed and was there in attack a hell of alot

Sad to see Marsh not back and parker not playing, Hopefully Marsh is just taking it easy to be 100%

mick! said:
FMD, that's a superb pack.

Make no mistake, this is a BIG danger game for the Broncos. Never look forward to facing a team on a big losing streak.

Souths play quite well against in recent history - danger game!

Souffs:

1. Fetuli Talanoa
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Beau Champion
5. Germaine Paulson
6. Ben Rogers
7. Eddie Paea
8. Manase Manuokafoa
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. David Kidwell
12. David Fa’alogo
13. John Sutton

14. George Ndaira
15. Shannan McPherson
16. Luke Stuart
17. Jaiman Lowe

They really are an all star team arn't they old Souths.

Sutton, Wasnthe the Number 6 last Week ;\

How many 6/7 Combinations have they had

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Dazza 92
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Dony Eliakim
  • MrMoore
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.