Broncos Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

I don't know about anyone else but they're definitely up there for me.

Assholes.

I was expecting to get so much shit from everyone at work, but they all said how hard it was for them to watch, yet alone for a Bronco supporter.

Two people at work cried, and they support parra and manly.

Then i just had annoying people ring and laugh at me. Least we made it to where we did.

A have gotten some sms's from fans from other teams, saying the better team lost & how am I handling the loss.

I told them I am OK, & they replied their not handling the loss well. [icon_lol1.

The Rock said:
[quote="| * kelsey * |":1fb14pg4]It sucks, Shaun.

I copped crap from a few people, thankfully the others understand. They were all going for the Broncos anyway.

It's funny to see how many people don't actually like Melbourne. Can you really blame them!?

It's crazy hey? I had a Newcastle fan ring me up after the game and say "How dissapointed must you be, that sucks big time."

A Newcastle fan FFS! [icon_lol1. We've been giving each other shit all year, and I gave him massive shit in round 26! The Storm would have to be one of the most hated teams in the comp by now, surely.[/quote:1fb14pg4]

That just comes with success. Broncos used to be one of those most hated teams, as were manly, both only due to their massive success.

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="The Rock":n2z6ueme][quote="| * kelsey * |":n2z6ueme]It sucks, Shaun.

I copped crap from a few people, thankfully the others understand. They were all going for the Broncos anyway.

It's funny to see how many people don't actually like Melbourne. Can you really blame them!?

It's crazy hey? I had a Newcastle fan ring me up after the game and say "How dissapointed must you be, that sucks big time."

A Newcastle fan FFS! [icon_lol1. We've been giving each other shit all year, and I gave him massive shit in round 26! The Storm would have to be one of the most hated teams in the comp by now, surely.

That just comes with success. Broncos used to be one of those most hated teams, as were manly, both only due to their massive success.[/quote:n2z6ueme]

True, but it also comes with Melbourne's grubbiness.[/quote:n2z6ueme]

How many times I've heard that, except minus Melbourne with Brisbane inserted. I think Queenslander is closer to the truth.

The argument "You only hate them because they're successful" is getting very old. I doubt it applies to many league fans at all actually. People will always hold disdain for clubs who are successful, but the hatred felt for Melbourne by most fans is way different.

Melbourne players are dirty bastards on the field and that is a FACT. If you disagree, you're wrong. Plain and simple. Melbourne play like dogs, the wrestling tactics they use go way too far. They have crossed the line from trying to be dominant in the tackle, to actually trying to hurt/injure their opponent to gain a physical and psychological advantage. It's gutless, it's pathetic and it's cowardly. THAT is why I hate Melbourne.

I would have loved to have seen one of those Melbourne kunce try that shit on Tallis. That would have been the biggest arse kicking in Rugly League history.

Believe me, I like to see Queenslanders do well, and I would likely be cheering for Melbourne if they weren't complete scum on the field.

But it's not really the player's fault...it's the coaches fault when they play like that.

The coach doesnt put his arms around a players neck the Storm players do.

mrslong said:
But it's not really the player's fault...it's the coaches fault when they play like that.

If I was a professional footballer and my coach told me to do what Melbourne do I would tell him to go f**k himself and find myself a club that plays good clean footy.
I would like to think a certain amount of chivalry exists in the game, that players still show sportsmanship towards each other. It seems to me that is is dying though when I see players having no problems trying to purposely injure their opponents every week and see fans condone this as perfectly acceptable behavior too. [icon_non

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="The Rock":aak1lk67][quote="| * kelsey * |":aak1lk67]It sucks, Shaun.

A Newcastle fan FFS! [icon_lol1. We've been giving each other shit all year, and I gave him massive shit in round 26! The Storm would have to be one of the most hated teams in the comp by now, surely.

That just comes with success. Broncos used to be one of those most hated teams, as were manly, both only due to their massive success.[/quote:aak1lk67]

True, but it also comes with Melbourne's grubbiness.[/quote:aak1lk67]

The Broncos were hated in Sydney from day 1 because they were from Queensland - and even more as their success grew. Manly were hated before the Broncos existed but for good reason. All their success came from money - picking the best of the best from Souths, Easts, St George etc and poaching them with their cheque book. Manly are Manly, seriously what more reason do you want to hate them? Melbourne are hated because they are GRUBS - and probablyalso for being successful.

So you see all these teams may be hated for success but they're also hated for something else - in the Broncos' case it's the very reason I oringinally liked them - they are from Brisbane, where I lived when they started.

Seriously I don't get why Storm fans and apologists are worried if people hate them. That's a compliment!

I loved that the Broncos were hated, especially in the 1990s, it was because teams got sick of us beating them!

Astroboy said:
The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="The Rock":1wwv4i2e][quote="| * kelsey * |":1wwv4i2e]It sucks, Shaun.

That just comes with success. Broncos used to be one of those most hated teams, as were manly, both only due to their massive success.

True, but it also comes with Melbourne's grubbiness.[/quote:1wwv4i2e]

So you see all these teams may be hated for success but they're also hated for something else - in the Broncos' case it's the very reason I oringinally liked them - they are from Brisbane, where I lived when they started.[/quote:1wwv4i2e]

I think its more that people find a reason to hate the successful teams. Everybody used to hate the roosters in the early part of this decade because they were so good and apparently bought all their talent. No one really gives a hoot about them these days!! (even tho they still buy all their talent).

Oh no, I still hate the Roosters with the same passion! LOL

Coxy said:
Oh no, I still hate the Roosters with the same passion! LOL

[icon_lol1. Me too! Must have something to do with a certain ex RL coach who still loves them and seems to still have some influence there.

The Rock said:
I just asked 8 people at work who they think the grubbiest team in comp are, and none even mentioned Brisbane. What are you talking about? Most people think Melbourne, Sharks and Roosters are the grubbiest teams in the comp, not Brisbane.

Of course Melbourne are hated because of their success but they are hated for other reasons too.

Of course, NOW, Brisbane isn't so hated....find it ironic Brisbane was so hated in the 90's? 5 Premierships.

Now, Storm are most hated. 3 Minor Premierships and 1 Premiership and potential for another.

LOL @ Scotty;

Scotty said:
The argument "You only hate them because they're successful" is getting very old. I doubt it applies to many league fans at all actually.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Calling Storm cheats is 3 years old. (and I have been on this forum longer than that and never heard boo until late 2006. Even then, it wasn't to late 2007 and into 2008 that the crazy hatred we see now developed)

- Bulldogs were hated ("oh, they is rapists, they break Salary Caps, that's why we hate them") at the peak of their 2000's success. Since 2005, the haters seem to have fled dramatically.
- Brisbane were hated prior to them (all through the 90's)
- Canberra were hated in the late 80's/early 90's (apparently, only because they didn't come from Sydney)

You may be right Scotty, Storm may be hated because of their grubby tactics. However, I find it curious that it coincides with their successful patch.

Just heard on 10 news some happy people have started facebook pages stating there hatred towards Ashton Sims!! What are farken joke who does that?? Surely nobody from BHQ has anything to do with it.

Yeah i just looked at them. Their parents were probably related though...so it's hard to take them seriously.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.