Broncos vs Tigers Game Thread (Teams Announced)

ningnangnong said:
The only possible excuses for Moon being dropped are injury and disciplinary.

Anything else is an absolute joke. [icon_non

Still, as I see it, only 1 prop on the bench and 2 backs?

Seems there'll be some clever rotations.

rnabokov said:
ningnangnong said:

Same situation as when we had Lockyer on the bench in the first few rounds.

We'll be right.

ethos said:
rnabokov said:
ningnangnong said:

Same situation as when we had Lockyer on the bench in the first few rounds.

We'll be right.

Hopefully, although this is one match I'd rather see Taylor there instead of Eastwood.

We'll need plenty of mobility late in the game against the Tigers, so I don't really see it as being that big of a problem.

I trust Bennett to interchange the forwards well (question mark over the rotation of the backs though, here's hoping Beale gets more than 5 minutes).

Taylor should be there every week over Eastwood IMO. Eastwood is fat and lazy, misses too many tackles and doesn't offer much when running the ball.

Clintos said:
Taylor should be there every week over Eastwood IMO. Eastwood is fat and lazy, misses too many tackles and doesn't offer much when running the ball.

As you probably know from my previous posts, I'm a great Eastwood fan, but I totally agree - he's been rather lazy this year, especially in reading and taking defence.

Taylor in my opinion would have been the more sensible option.

In this match, Eastwood will be required to show his true abilities, or we'll get done.

Clintos said:

You talking about last season?

No mention of Moon/Beale on ABC radio. They did say Taylor was a possibility though. I think I just won't expect anyone to play until I see them actually run out on the field [eusa_doh

Later on it the match Moon will hopefully go in the centres, Stagg in the backrow and Thaiday at prop. We have enough front rowers.

rnabokov said:
Clintos said:

As you probably know from my previous posts, I'm a great Eastwood fan, but I totally agree - he's been rather lazy this year, especially in reading and taking defence.

In this match, Eastwood will be required to show his true abilities, or we'll get done.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm and Eastwood fan too. I just don't think he is performing as well this year, and Taylor has been gunning it in the QLD cup.

mal said:
I would have said last season if I was talking about last season. It is just my opinion, you have every right to disagree with me.

So Channel 9 aren't showing this till 9:30 in N.S.W.

You know what's on - 'Racing Stripes', which is some shit movie i've never seen. Undoubtedly the broadcast of the game will now be littered with ads.

Sorry but that's a fucking joke, give me Fox Sports coverage any day of the week.

Alec said:
Later on it the match Moon will hopefully go in the centres, Stagg in the backrow and Thaiday at prop. We have enough front rowers.

Well they're certainly not on the bench. Still, I expect a full 80 minutes for our forwards will improve their fitness.

Clintos said:
rnabokov said:
Clintos said:

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm and Eastwood fan too. I just don't think he is performing as well this year, and Taylor has been gunning it in the QLD cup.

mal said:
I would have said last season if I was talking about last season. It is just my opinion, you have every right to disagree with me.

Agree about Taylor and Eastwood.

Wonder if Bennett will take Eastwood to St George? [icon_evillaugh

Eastwood hasn't been that bad this year, in saying that I would love Taylor to be in first grade every week.. I have a feeling Bennet is protecting Taylor from Origin for some reason?

Beads6 said:
Eastwood hasn't been that bad this year, in saying that I would love Taylor to be in first grade every week.. I have a feeling Bennet is protecting Taylor from Origin for some reason?

No disrespect, but I think Taylor is AT LEAST 1 season away from Origin, and only if he plays the house down consistently.

But then, will Bennett give him the chance, or do we have to wait till Benny poaches Hannant?

And, as an Eastwood fan, I still reckon he has been a little too lazy in defence, last year and this.

I agree about Taylor although I think if he was given more game time and more games he would be able to become consistent and more realiable. He has untapped potential and they more he plays in the top league the better he will get. Bennet won't get Hannant he is dreaming! Eastwood has bulked up this year and is making good years in attack but your right does need to show more commitment and heart in defence.. icon_thumbs_u

Beads6 said:
I agree about Taylor although I think if he was given more game time and more games he would be able to become consistent and more realiable. He has untapped potential and they more he plays in the top league the better he will get. Bennet won't get Hannant he is dreaming! Eastwood has bulked up this year and is making good years in attack but your right does need to show more commitment and heart in defence.. icon_thumbs_u

I luv being off this planet, but with good coaching and experience, I see Taylor being one of the great forwards in our game.

As for Eastwood, true - he makes great metres. All he has to do is show that X-factor which I do reckon he has. I remember a number of his great hits in defense. Let's just see more and more of them, starting TONIGHT.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Reds2011
  • Xzei
  • Griffo
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.