Broncos Vs. Titans - Build Up Thread

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Jazza said:
Has Setu ever played front row?

I think we are likely to see Thaiday start at prop with Setu in the back row or Kenny or Dodds starting with Setu on the bench.

the side named on Tuesday is rarely the side that starts, Henjak usually makes changes.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Got to say our foward pack is slowly starting to look better and better. Just need Anderson and McCollough back and we almost back to full strength.

Could Alex Glen be a future centre anyone??? What are your thoughts?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
No please don't move Thaiday around he's in devastating form he needs to stick to what he's already doing!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, methinks Setu was named there because Ivan wasn't sure who would be fit and ready to play prop.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Yeah, methinks Setu was named there because Ivan wasn't sure who would be fit and ready to play prop.

Nod, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenny brought in there provided he passes the fitness test.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Foordy said:
Jazza said:
Has Setu ever played front row?

I think we are likely to see Thaiday start at prop with Setu in the back row or Kenny or Dodds starting with Setu on the bench.

the side named on Tuesday is rarely the side that starts, Henjak usually makes changes.

Yep i think you hit the nail on the head. Correct me of im wrong but Thaiday started at Prop against the Storm didnt he. Which could mean either Setu drops back to the bench and Gillet comes straight back in or setu goes to 2nd row.

I might be cained for saying this but Setu is starting to finally impress me a bit. Made a heap of hitups agaisnt the Storm, no stupid missed tackles and only that one stupid mistake where he dropped the ball in the 6th minute (mind you Storm scored because of it).

I hope Kenny doesnt start, hasnt played in a while and with a calf injury he would not of done much fitness. Needs some game time under his belt first otherwise he could get found out.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Setu has been playing a prop style role for most of this season... He defends and attacks in the middle third and packs down in the front row most games!!

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Im happy with the starting pack, id rather sacrifice a bit of size and slowness to have a more mobile pack. Fast play the balls with Teo running of Lockyer's right shoulder could spell trouble for little preston

B

Brad

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
tronc is average at best, keep him on the bench as a relief for some better go forward

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Donny said:
Im happy with the starting pack, id rather sacrifice a bit of size and slowness to have a more mobile pack. Fast play the balls with Teo running of Lockyer's right shoulder could spell trouble for little preston

Well Locky seems to prefer attacking down the right with Thaiday and Folau, well he did against Melbourne...and up against Toopi I see no reason to deviate from that successful formula.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
You guys realise Setu played front row on Sunday don't you? Yes he was named in second row running on but he played in the middle and Thaiday played as a wide running second rower, despite being named in the front row. Ivan did it last year with Taylor and Sims as well.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
bring back hodges, mccullough and anderson and we are finally back to full strength. if we can keep a bulk of that team together for the full season and only have 1 or 2 injuries here or there, this season could turn into a fkn good one.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:
Donny said:

Well Locky seems to prefer attacking down the right with Thaiday and Folau, well he did against Melbourne...and up against Toopi I see no reason to deviate from that successful formula.

Yer i know what you mean but Teo has been playing on the right side. Scored those tries against the knights, Sharks and Storm running of a short ball from Lockyer close to the line on the right side.

I have noticed this happening a fiar bit, has anyone else noticed that,

When we are coming out of our zone Teo pushes in a bit and plays more in the middle with Thaiday on the right and Parker on the left

But when we are attacking close to the line Teo seems to be pushing 1 in from Thaiday on the right Which gives Lockyer 3 or 4 options
1 - Short ball to Teo
2 - cut out short ball to thaiday
3 - that wrap around play to Hoffman
4 - Straight to Izzy

I really think that having two great strong ball runners in Teo and Thaiday togeather is going to cause big big big problems for the Titans. Who defendends on the titians left Toopi, Gordan and is it Prince or Campbell??

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
bring back hodges, mccullough and anderson and we are finally back to full strength. if we can keep a bulk of that team together for the full season and only have 1 or 2 injuries here or there, this season could turn into a fkn good one.

Unfortunately I think we'll probably keep on getting injuries here and there, Hodges won't be back until much later in the season and our form will remain patchy. The finals are still a looonnngg way away [icon_frown

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Donny said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:

Yer i know what you mean but Teo has been playing on the right side. Scored those tries against the knights, Sharks and Storm running of a short ball from Lockyer close to the line on the right side.

When we are coming out of our zone Teo pushes in a bit and plays more in the middle with Thaiday on the right and Parker on the left

But when we are attacking close to the line Teo seems to be pushing 1 in from Thaiday on the right Which gives Lockyer 3 or 4 options
1 - Short ball to Teo
4 - Straight to Izzy

I really think that having two great strong ball runners in Teo and Thaiday togeather is going to cause big big big problems for the Titans. Who defendends on the titians left Toopi, Gordan and is it Prince or Campbell??

Oh totally agree. Only risk is Teo and Thaiday getting in eachother's (and Locky's) way, that's all.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:
Donny said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:

1 - Short ball to Teo
4 - Straight to Izzy

Oh totally agree. Only risk is Teo and Thaiday getting in eachother's (and Locky's) way, that's all.

I wouldnt show up if i was Prince or Preston _woohoo_

B

Brad

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
Scotty said:
pennywisealfie said:

Unfortunately I think we'll probably keep on getting injuries here and there, Hodges won't be back until much later in the season and our form will remain patchy. The finals are still a looonnngg way away [icon_frown
I am expecting injuries all throught the season but i think we will scrape into the top 8 come finals time, well i hope so atleast for our finals attendance streak

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I agree with the team 100%. It is a shame we can't get Norman in the side he deserve to be there.

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Manofoneway
  • pennywisealfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Lostboy
  • Notorious
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • The Boss
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skathen
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.