Broncos Vs. Warriors - Build Up Thread

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I say they just call an end to the season now after 2 generally inconsistent rounds. Minds everywhere have been made up.

Jarryd Hayne wins the comp.

icon_thumbs_u

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
guppy said:
I say they just call an end to the season now after 2 generally inconsistent rounds. Minds everywhere have been made up.

Jarryd Hayne wins the comp.

icon_thumbs_u

I don't think anyone's made their mind up yet, champ.

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I have.

I'm going to take the good with the bad this season, more than any other. There are going to be plenty of disappointing results this year.

I was only having a slight dig at you blokes, but more so at the papers and their love of the "Rock Star". We're all disappointed with the result. I was just not as optimistic as you guys are/were.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
PARKER OUT FOR A MONTH

ARD-WORKING Broncos lock Corey Parker will spend four to six weeks on the sideline after straining a knee ligament in last night's loss to Canberra.

Parker, who played every game for the Broncos in 2009 and was named their player of the year, will be sorely missed after a strong start to the season.

His replacement is likely to come from Lagi Setu, Matt Gillett or Ben Te'o.

More to come

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/cor ... 5844212508

I wonder why they didn't mention Glenn as a possible repkacement. IMO is should be either Glenn or Gillette to replace Parker

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Chill out guys - it's round 2!!

Anyway, on the game this weekend, I think we'll bounce back. And we usually play well at home against the Warriors. Over there its a different story.

Look out for a fired up Kempy too.

Bummer about Parker though. Personally, I would have Gillet in there for him. He stepped up for a big occasion against the Cowboys - I thought he was great. This would give him a great opportunity to prove himself to Ivan.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
#1 Kemp fan said:
I'll be at the game, thinking about making a banner for my love!!

You could write "Remember last year when you played for that team but you weren't good enough for that team and you come back to Brisbane and lucky one of the incumbent wingers is injured otherwise you'd be playing Queensland Cup?"

Although that is a bit long...

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:
I got myself so up for this season, i thought we would win the premiership, we still might, but last night was very deflating for me. I probably wont go to the Warriors game

I sort of feel the same way mate.

I wasn't sure what to expect this season, but last week really impressed me.

Last night, we just looked like a completely different team.

Got to expect that with a young team. Going to be an inconsistent year I reckon.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
ok thanks, keep on being realistic buddy, good for you man. ive never been one to say "im a realist", ive always believed in the broncos far too much. so when they put in a defensive effort like that, its very upsetting.
Well I only saw the second half so I guess and from what I saw the boys tried theirs hearts out but just couldn't crack the Raiders defence.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Je$ter said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":qnnaiie4]I'll be at the game, thinking about making a banner for my love!!

You could write "Remember last year when you played for that team but you weren't good enough for that team and you come back to Brisbane and lucky one of the incumbent wingers is injured otherwise you'd be playing Queensland Cup?"

Although that is a bit long...[/quote:qnnaiie4]

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. It's funny 'cause it's true!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
WOW parker out for a month or more :( OMFG!

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
Damn, no Parker thats a big loss. Guess that means Kemp will take over the goalkicking.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Isn't Wallace a decent goal kicker? Can someone explain to me why it wasn't him, Kemp or even Lockyer taking the kick at goal last night?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Doesn't Wallace kick?

Wouldn't mind seeing Hala given a go this weekend tbh.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Emma said:
Isn't Wallace a decent goal kicker? Can someone explain to me why it wasn't him, Kemp or even Lockyer taking the kick at goal last night?

I think we'd all like an answer to that.

I don't care how good a kicker Norman might've been in junior footy, this is NRL and you can't miss kicks like that. The pressure was obviously too much.

Dumb decision to give him the kick, not that it really changed the outcome or anything.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Exactly Coxy. The kid is what, barely 18? He's in his 2nd NRL game and someone expects him to take a kick at goal to keep the team within a couple of points? Yes, it was an easy kick, but the responsibility should never have been his when there's at least 3 other guys on the field that can and have kicked goals at first grade level.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Andrew Johns made that point on the Triple M call. He said words to the effect that while Locky might hate kicking, his team needed him to step up and show some leadership and knock it over.

I don't often agree with the e-popping fat arse, but he's right.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'd also like to know why Norman took the kick.

As has been mentioned, you'd think Lockyer, Kemp and Wallace would all be ahead in the pecking order. Sammy Thaiday is pretty handy as well, isn't he?

Quite odd that Norman was made to take the kick.

Active Now

• Wendall Taylor
  • Dash
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Seibs
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • ezpz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.