Broncos Vs. Warriors - Build Up Thread

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
The team gets picked early in the morning from what ive been told. Im guessing they did not relise Parker would be gone.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
I'm guessing they had the team list prepared yesterday, hence why Parker has been named. Either that or Parker will be playing on 1 leg.

At the very least we'll need a new kicker then [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Glenn to start, Parker out, Setu onto the bench would seem the obvious minor shuffle.

Wallace to kick goals.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
broncospwn said:
Yes Izzy was very good when he was kicking at Melbourne, don't know why they gave it back to Smith who is the worst goal kicker in the game. I was furious that they gave it to Norman... WHY! As others have said there's at least 5 much better options.

Still though no way Norman should have missed I don't care what pressure you're under it was practically under the post. Reminds me of Geyer missing that goal in the 2006 grand final. I think it made a difference, 16-18 one penalty our way we could of took 2 points and leveled it. I'm not blaming Norman though, I'm blaming who ever decided Norman should kick.

Poor Norman would of felt sad and embarrassed after missing it.
How many times have you seen them all kick before? Have you even seen Norman kick before?

Norman is a very good goal kicker and was kicking ahead of Hunt in the U20s last year IIRC.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Mcguire and Dodds better show up this week I am in row 2 they will hear me yelling if thye are soft like Monday night.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
lyn said:
broncospwn said:
Yes Izzy was very good when he was kicking at Melbourne, don't know why they gave it back to Smith who is the worst goal kicker in the game. I was furious that they gave it to Norman... WHY! As others have said there's at least 5 much better options.

Still though no way Norman should have missed I don't care what pressure you're under it was practically under the post. Reminds me of Geyer missing that goal in the 2006 grand final. I think it made a difference, 16-18 one penalty our way we could of took 2 points and leveled it. I'm not blaming Norman though, I'm blaming who ever decided Norman should kick.

How many times have you seen them all kick before? Have you even seen Norman kick before?

Norman is a very good goal kicker and was kicking ahead of Hunt in the U20s last year IIRC.
This is NRL level. He can take goals when it's not a pressure situation.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Massive amount of pressure for his first kick in NRL.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Glenn to start, Parker out, Setu onto the bench would seem the obvious minor shuffle.

Wallace to kick goals.
I think Gillett to lock and Sims on the bench is more obvious... i dont think we can carry both McGuire and Dodds on the same bench either... Id like to see dodds start and Anderson off the bench...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
lyn said:
broncospwn said:

It was one kick which he was not even expecting to take. I hope he gets the gig on Sunday I am sure he will do a superb job.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I really fear the Warriors. The thing I've noticed last season, and although I didn't see last night's game, going by NRL stats is that we struggle to restrict the offloads and that's something the Warriors are very good at. It cost us the game against Parramatta last year, and it could very well cost us plenty this year unless we do something about it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Broncos have had the same problem defensively for years. They have always been carved up by the offloads.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Dont forget kemp was goalkicking early last yr for the warriors.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
broncospwn said:
lyn said:
broncospwn said:

You didn't answer my question.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
lyn said:
broncospwn said:
lyn said:
broncospwn said:

Your question isn't relevant to the point I was making.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Ben Hunt isn't the best kicker anyway, so it's not really saying much. Didn't Gagai take over the kicking late in the year?

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
broncospwn said:
lyn said:
broncospwn said:
lyn said:
broncospwn said:

Your question isn't relevant to the point I was making.
You stated that there are at least 5 better options for goal kicking than Norman in the team. Who are they and have you actually ever seen them kick more than a few times?

Active Now

• Browny
  • Kev_Guz
  • Spooky1013
  • The Strapper
  • Maroon4life
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wendall Taylor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.