NEWS Cameron Smith announces retirement

angry gladiator GIF

The Dragons didn’t pay him because he wasn’t working for them. Exactly the same as Smith. What if Smith doesn’t play until June 30, why should he be paid from October the year before? Any club that agreed to that are idiots.

It’s nothing like that example, Smith has no work place so no one is paying him. It’s like starting a new job in March and asking can you pay me from October- you’d be laughed at.
I'll keep this simple for you... How many games has Cameron Smith missed this season???????????????

It's a massive loophole with an experienced player that knows what and how to manage themselves throughout a season and pre season with or without help, and c Smith does...

You could be the best trainer on the planet but they get paid for PLAYING GAMES. It's that simple...

I'll keep this simple for you... How many games has Cameron Smith missed this season???????????????

It's a massive loophole with an experienced player that knows what and how to manage themselves throughout a season and pre season with or without help, and c Smith does...

You could be the best trainer on the planet but they get paid for PLAYING GAMES. It's that simple...

it may technically be a loophole, but unless the player happens to have the name of a Smith, Thurston, Lockyer etc ... i highly doubt to many clubs will take that risk.

in fact of every player currently in the NRL, Cam Smith is most likely the only one clubs would be prepared to use that loophole on

it may technically be a loophole, but unless the player happens to have the name of a Smith, Thurston, Lockyer etc ... i highly doubt to many clubs will take that risk.

in fact of every player currently in the NRL, Cam Smith is most likely the only one clubs would be prepared to use that loophole on
I don't agree, but how does that make it any better? That means one club gets an advantage....

again, this salary cap is not doing what the NRL claims it does...

Kevs keen.

Well there is Badel's Sunday scoop - Broncos favourite to sign Smith as he uses Titans as a smokescreen. Sources close to the Titans though say watch this space. Meanwhile, Titans enter the race for Bellamy.

Last edited:
The Shit Factory is reporting the Broncos have formally approached Cameron Smith to join the club this season, and that they have the salary-cap space - about $600,000 - to accommodate him. This is the first admission from any club.

One option being considering would be for Smith to miss the opening month to get back into shape, which would mean only having to pay seven months’ wages under the 2021 salary cap. Estimated value: $580,000. A bargain.

Kevin Walters said:

“Cam is aware we are interested. A player of Cam’s quality doesn’t come around very often. We’re not really sure if we can get him. It’s a bit of a mystery for everyone. Obviously he is a great player and a great leader and every club in the NRL, if they had the space in their (salary) cap, would cater for him. Every club would love to have him on their books and for all we know he could still be running out for the Storm this season. We just don’t know what will happen … but we’ll stay in the hunt.”

“Yes. I believe we have the salary cap space to fit him in. We aren’t putting all our eggs in one basket, but we’ll roll with the punches and wherever it lands, it lands. We’re none the wiser (about Smith’s decision), so we’ll sit back and watch it all unfold, that’s all we can do.”

5112078328 4ee73ff3b4 b

Everyone goes home happy

Smith said:

“I’ve got a big decision to make. We will see. I can’t leave my house without someone wondering where I’m going. I went to kick the footy down at the local club the other day and there was a front-page story the next day saying I had signed with the Titans. It’s a strange one. I feel physically really good. I still enjoy footy. I enjoy training and enjoy being part of a team, but I’ve got a big decision to make.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Mark my words -

Smith / Bellamy to stay with Storm in some role or another.

Broncos with egg on their face.

They don't seem to be actively pursuing Smith ... in fact Kevvie hasn't even called him. all they've done is pretty much answer questions saying that "of course, we'd be interested"

since we haven't made an offer for Smith, we can't be rejected.

the media are driving this for clicks (and it's working). any egg on our face won't be self administered, but rather thrown by the likes of Badel, hoping something sticks.

They don't seem to be actively pursuing Smith ... in fact Kevvie hasn't even called him. all they've done is pretty much answer questions saying that "of course, we'd be interested"

since we haven't made an offer for Smith, we can't be rejected.

the media are driving this for clicks (and it's working). any egg on our face won't be self administered, but rather thrown by the likes of Badel, hoping something sticks.

And every story for the first month back will be 'How will the Broncos go now after missing out on Smith?' blah blah.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • HarryAllan7
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Bish
  • Griffo
  • MrMoore
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.