NEWS Cameron Smith announces retirement

Smith has said he still feels good and implies he wants to play on, Bellamy thinks he is going to retire and also, the Titans somehow have $600k free again and Smith might come back in pro-rata in April.

Deadset, journalism is an absolute joke.

icwb6cd8uei61.jpg

Titans vs Burleigh.

I mean give me a spell lol this ****, the NRL, the Titans and the media are taking everyone for a merry dance.

He was there watching Matt Geyer's son play for the Titans juniors. I don't believe it has any relevance on him potentially joining the Tits.

don't worry Badel is just putting the finishing touches on his article proclaiming the Titans the new favourites for his signature

For anyone saying he hates the media BS and he hasn't had any part in it, there's a bridge I'd like to sell ya... I mean seriously, how obvious do you want to be. He was obviously trying to get book sales originally and now he's just carried on with it...

Lol at the well placed punter in the titans jersey

He was there watching Matt Geyer's son play for the Titans juniors. I don't believe it has any relevance on him potentially joining the Tits.
Don't worry Petey B will make sure it has everything to do with him joining the titans

I reckon it is fucking ridiculous that if Smith signs for a club his salary will be less on the cap due to him missing pre season. Sets a very dangerous precedent with experienced players and shows AGAIN how "flexible" this NRL allows the cap to be when it suits...

However, I would LOVE to see people's tone change if he were to do this and sign for us (he won't, it's a deadset beat up by this flog). At the moment it hardly gets mentioned and there's a "great for the titans/great for the game" mentality and they'd watch all his games. If he signs for the Broncos, despite it bringing FAR MORE fans to/back to the game, watch the tone change hahahahahahahaha

I reckon it is fucking ridiculous that if Smith signs for a club his salary will be less on the cap due to him missing pre season. Sets a very dangerous precedent with experienced players and shows AGAIN how "flexible" this NRL allows the cap to be when it suits...

However, I would LOVE to see people's tone change if he were to do this and sign for us (he won't, it's a deadset beat up by this flog). At the moment it hardly gets mentioned and there's a "great for the titans/great for the game" mentality and they'd watch all his games. If he signs for the Broncos, despite it bringing FAR MORE fans to/back to the game, watch the tone change hahahahahahahaha

It happens every year with a whole host of players, anyone that swaps clubs doesn’t get their pay backdated at the new club.

Dragons are paying McCullough from this week not October.

It happens every year with a whole host of players, anyone that swaps clubs doesn’t get their pay backdated at the new club.

Macca has been paid for that time by us though hasn't he?

Um, that's because he was getting paid by us..

also, the players it happens with aren't 400 plus gamers and possibly the best player of all time, they are guys fighting and having to earn a contract , or in disputes with their manager, or coming back from injury. This is an obvious tactic to save money and is another manipulation of the cap. Players salaries are not paid based on their off season then they tell them "playing is optional", it's like doing the fire and cpr training at a new job then them saying "you don't have to turn up to work if you want after this but we will still pay you"....

Last edited:
Um, that's because he was getting paid by us..

also, the players it happens with aren't 400 plus gamers and possibly the best player of all time, they are guys fighting and having to earn a contract , or in disputes with their manager, or coming back from injury. This is an obvious tactic to save money and is another manipulation of the cap. Players salaries are not paid based on their off season then they tell them "playing is optional", it's like doing the fire and cpr training at a new job then them saying "you don't have to turn up to work if you want after this but we will still pay you"....

The Dragons didn’t pay him because he wasn’t working for them. Exactly the same as Smith. What if Smith doesn’t play until June 30, why should he be paid from October the year before? Any club that agreed to that are idiots.

It’s nothing like that example, Smith has no work place so no one is paying him. It’s like starting a new job in March and asking can you pay me from October- you’d be laughed at.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.