Broncos Well Represented in TC Team of the Year

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The NRL today unveiled the 2010 Toyota Cup Team of the Year as some of the game’s biggest names rallied behind the competition to declare it the best elite development program in Australian sport.
Brett Kimmorley, Braith Anasta, Ben Hannant, Tim Sheens, Brian Smith, Steve Noyce and Michael Searle are among those who support a Toyota Cup competition that has revolutionised the development of Rugby League’s rising stars and provided some of the most exciting new faces in the NRL.
Already, five members of the 2010 Team of the Year have played in the NRL, adding to an impressive strike-rate that has seen 27 of the previous 34 Team of the Year members compete in the top grade.

The 2010 Toyota Cup Team of the Year is:

1 Dane Gagai Brisbane Broncos
2 Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa St George Illawarra Dragons
3 Dylan Farrell South Sydney Rabbitohs
4 Siuatonga Likiliki New Zealand Warriors
5 Josh Mansour South Sydney Rabbitohs
6 Aidan Sezer Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
7 Sam Williams Canberra Raiders
8 Tariq Sims Brisbane Broncos
9 James Segeyaro North Queensland Cowboys
10 Andrew Clayton Brisbane Broncos
11 Ryan James Gold Coast Titans
12 Sam Mataora Canberra Raiders
13 Ethan Cook Newcastle Knights

14 Brad Murray Sydney Roosters
15 Dale Finucane Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
16 Matt Hyland Wests Tigers
17 Lama Tasi Manly Sea Eagles

Well done, interesting that we've got the two best young props...

And Clayton has been released.

Surprised Andrew made it. I would've thought there had been better candidates.

Don't get too excited Gut - we've been well represented in this team in previous years as well, but now they are getting a run in first grade, many on here will have you believe that they don't cut it

That's not really true.

I believe only Yow Yeh made the starting side in 2008, Ben Hunt was on the bench behind Sandow.

In 2009 I don't believe any of our players made it.

Big Pete said:
That's not really true.

I believe only Yow Yeh made the starting side in 2008, Ben Hunt was on the bench behind Sandow.

In 2009 I don't believe any of our players made it.

Yes, but Ben Hunt was Toyota Cup Player of the Year in 2008...weird difference in how that award is given (referees) vs the team of the year positionally (coaches).

Yes but the player of the year was decided similarly to the Dally M's. Given Hunt played more games than Sandow and co. who were promoted that season it was easy to understand how those two decisions differed.

True. Though I still firmly believe in 5 years time we'll be saying Hunt's the better player over Sandow.

Whether or not he'll still be playing for the Broncos is the question.

Possibly, although I wouldn't underestimate Sandow's talents just yet. If he could simplify his own game I believe he could be the next big thing in the halves in a couple of years time. Or...he could continue on the path he's on now and end up like the next Tricky Trindall, the choice is his really.

Friday night will be a good test of Hunt's skills as a halfback. Obviously he wasn't up to the pace of first grade when he first came in but since he's been afforded some bench time it'll be interesting to see how he's adjusted since. Early indications appear to be positive, let's just hope he puts in a big one and puts plenty of pressure on Wallace next season.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Dazza 92
  • Xzei
  • Skyblues87
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.