RANT Broncos will cheat their way to yet another premiership

In my job as pretend Peter Badel I get passed a lot of inside information about the nefarious crime cartel that controls every decision made in the NRL, from choosing the draw to directing the touch judges to overlook forward passes. Everything you see is orchestrated at a level so high no human could possibly comprehend it.

But you know it's been happening. Since the dawn of time.

As such, I can reveal exclusive information that their puppet-in-chief Peter V'Landys has been ordered to rig the contest to favour Rupert Murdoch's Brisbane Broncos this season. As if you hadn't already noticed.

Already fans of other teams are complaining it's not fair the Broncos are clearly being favoured. Obvious examples being:

1. Not one Bronco has faced the judiciary this season. Unlike every other club. Rigged.

2. The Broncos have been gifted every game, even so-called "defeating" two finalists from 2022. Rigged.

3. Referees have been openly swinging games to the Broncos. In the most recent match against the Tigers, the penalty count was 2:7 brazenly favouring the Broncos. Oops, the bunker got it wrong again. Silly them. Rigged.

4. Almost every try scored by a Bronco has been off a forward pass, yet no official intervened. Rigged.

5. Two Broncos top the Dally M medal count. Neither deserved a single vote. Rigged.

6. Right across every form of media, pundits are lavishing unearned praise on the entire Broncos organization, comparing this seasons' team to way better teams from the past. Rigged.

7. We keep hearing what a "good bloke" the coach is. No mention of him ever being drunk. Rigged.

8. Recently, we were forced to endure an entirely contrived "battle of Brisbane" between two teams that coincidentally found themselves in unlikely positions at the top of the table. The Dolphins were promptly discarded afterwards and will never win another game. It was all about generating hype for the Brisbane Broncos. Rigged.

The more games we win the more you know it's true: the entire competition is a joke, and that joke is on everyone else.

Can we please close and delete this thread now? Don't want to give the media any ideas....
Sports journalists are dumb. But not that dumb.

Not to mention, this year we’ve got Kevvie

My understanding is that ASADA is currently investigating the unfair competitive advantage that using pure, unrefined Kevin Walters brings, and are in fact considering adding him and all known derivatives, such as Billy Walters, to the banned substance list. Fortunately it shouldn't happen until after the season, although some may argue that's just another way that the Broncos are using their influence in a sinister fashion.

I dunno dude...

At least I know who to blame when the story comes out in September.

Sydney based fans probably believe that anyway, just like we believe it's rigged against us.

Sydney based fans probably believe that anyway, just like we believe it's rigged against us.
Yea you should have seen the Tigers forum after the game lol. While most of the hate was against Sheens and the players, there were a lot of comments on the penalty count and tries of ours from forward passes...

Yea you should have seen the Tigers forum after the game lol. While most of the hate was against Sheens and the players, there were a lot of comments on the penalty count and tries of ours from forward passes...
In fairness, Herbie received two penalties early on that were absolutely rubbish. They're the type of penalties that only get blown early in games typically against the struggling teams and it just gives one team a leg-up they didn't deserve.

Obviously it doesn't excuse a 46-12 scoreline, but the game had barely kicked off when the Broncos started getting those favourable calls. Throw in some fortuitous six agains and the game was virtually over after 20 minutes.

In fairness, Herbie received two penalties early on that were absolutely rubbish. They're the type of penalties that only get blown early in games typically against the struggling teams and it just gives one team a leg-up they didn't deserve.

Obviously it doesn't excuse a 46-12 scoreline, but the game had barely kicked off when the Broncos started getting those favourable calls. Throw in some fortuitous six agains and the game was virtually over after 20 minutes.

I don't disagree. We are being treated very differently to what we have been in recent seasons.

I don't disagree. We are being treated very differently to what we have been in recent seasons.
As much as I'm a eyed fan I can't disagree on this, especially when it comes to forward passes, I've called it out on a few plays in the live thread at the time when we would of always got called back on the 50/50 stuff we seem to be getting them all mostly, especially on the try scoring plays.

That said I think the difference this year is we can actually fight our way out of bad calls where as before we just fold whenever it didn't go our way.

As much as I'm a eyed fan I can't disagree on this, especially when it comes to forward passes, I've called it out on a few plays in the live thread at the time when we would of always got called back on the 50/50 stuff we seem to be getting them all mostly, especially on the try scoring plays.

That said I think the difference this year is we can actually fight our way out of bad calls where as before we just fold whenever it didn't go our way.

For me it is the field position / possession / fatigue. For the last couple of years we've been smashed with 6-agains & penalties, our opposition has been easily able to wear us down and have good field position and we suffered for it (except for, as we saw, our winning streak last year).

This year our defence has been notably better, particularly in first contact, so we are reducing opposition momentum through our own efforts. But we are also not getting pinged mercilessly for things that happen 50 times in a game, so it allows us to keep pressure on in defence and not get fatigued and run over.

I also think that we aren't having to ruck it out as hard and often as we are used to - our opposition is getting pinged for leaving early or slowing down rucks. Which is why we aren't missing Oates as much as I expected. Arthars is doing an amazing job as backup, but if we get back to a position where the opposition is able to repeatedly belt us on our own line, he's not going to have the same relieving runs that an Oates can do, and has done for his whole career, where he uses his size to get between defenders, drag them for an extra 10, find his front and get a quick PTB (and earn a penalty if the opposition try to impede his PTB).

For me it is the field position / possession / fatigue. For the last couple of years we've been smashed with 6-agains & penalties, our opposition has been easily able to wear us down and have good field position and we suffered for it (except for, as we saw, our winning streak last year).

This year our defence has been notably better, particularly in first contact, so we are reducing opposition momentum through our own efforts. But we are also not getting pinged mercilessly for things that happen 50 times in a game, so it allows us to keep pressure on in defence and not get fatigued and run over.

I also think that we aren't having to ruck it out as hard and often as we are used to - our opposition is getting pinged for leaving early or slowing down rucks. Which is why we aren't missing Oates as much as I expected. Arthars is doing an amazing job as backup, but if we get back to a position where the opposition is able to repeatedly belt us on our own line, he's not going to have the same relieving runs that an Oates can do, and has done for his whole career, where he uses his size to get between defenders, drag them for an extra 10, find his front and get a quick PTB (and earn a penalty if the opposition try to impede his PTB).
against the tigers i cant remember a 6 again call against us till palasia came on.

They're bad but Penrith fans for mine are the worst, they've never been beaten fairly, ever. Just ask their fans.

Active Now

• DrGee
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Bish
  • Emanon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Rowdy124
  • broncs30
  • Ejbroncos
  • Foordy
  • thenry
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Nerd
  • Johnny92
  • Bronx48
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • The Strapper
  • Kev_Guz
... and 59 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.