Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Vent in here people.

Confirmed via the Broncos website.
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... for-inglis

Personally I would have loved him to have played for us, and there still is a possibility that he could, as slim as that is.

Anyway if not, no tears, developing our juniors is the best option IMO. Worked for us in the past, only difference is that the greatest coach on the face of this plant, the honorable Wayne Bennett isn't at the helm...... yet [icon_wink

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
, only difference is that the greatest coach on the face of this plant, the honorable Wayne Bennett isn't at the helm...... yet [icon_wink

Been getting reports he's been in the Broncos neighbourhood lately...

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Amateur hour by just about all parties concerned, and so typically Rugby League in its execution.

Looks like the boat can stay on the trailer.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
The Brisbane Broncos club is an absolute farce. We might have the money but we are a poorly run club. The amount of players we've "let go" or had to "let go" in the past 5 years is atrocious. We're so financially stable because of the over-priced tickets that we make 30,000 people pay every second week. We're so well off because of the amount of sponsorship we have to pick from being the only team in Brisbane.

Our success and financial situation MASKS our poorly run club.

We're not a professional club. We're a club with a shit load of cash with little brains and ideas. Thank god the NRL don't introduce more teams in Brisbane, we would die.

for a start our tickets aren't more expensive than any other club (at least in QLD) in fact the cheap seats are $2 cheaper than the Titans.

also what did you expect the Broncos to do, have this dragging on all pre-season only for them to lose out on Inglis because of the Storm refusing to release him to us anyway. :roll:

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Amateur hour by just about all parties concerned, and so typically Rugby League in its execution.

Looks like the boat can stay on the trailer.

Indeed. It's quite embarrassing for the Broncos IMO.

Beachy

Beachy

QCup Player
Mar 6, 2008
Deal to be finalised with Souths next week accotrding to that scumbag Weidler

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Really proud of the broncos right now. we don't take crap from players that are just using us. Glad you are not going to have the honour of being a bronco

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The only way it could get worse for the club is if Cullen is set to make another announcement shortly about a HUGE signing for the club.................................................................which turns out to be Michael Devere or Tonie Carroll coming out of retirement to play in the centres. Sad thing is I bet Cullen is on the phone to them as I type this [icon_frown

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
, only difference is that the greatest coach on the face of this plant, the honorable Wayne Bennett isn't at the helm...... yet [icon_wink

Been getting reports he's been in the Broncos neighbourhood lately...

He still live up here at ***** ****** :)

He pops in and still talks the the players, he'll do an Arnie :)

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Wayne Bennett is behind this.
He'll be back in 2012, and he's going to bring Boyd back with him.
Now, don't know where Boyd is going to played? He is average in the centres, and we have young Hofffman in the number 1.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Well thats it for me. No more supporting the game of Rugby league.

F*** the league. :evil: :evil: :evil:
F*** the Storm. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
F*** Cullen . :evil:
F*** Gregs manager. :evil:

I hope the Broncos pull themselves together. This club is run by a bunch of wankers led by the biggest wanker of them all in Bruno and its killing themselves from the inside out :mad:

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
IMHO, Ben Hannant was and is a far more important signing to us than Inglis ... as much as i would have loved to see Inglis in our jersey

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Well, at least we've got some room to manoeuvre under the cap for the 2012 season.

Maybe Darius Boyd will come back?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hatchy said:
Well thats it for me. No more supporting the game of Rugby league.

F*** the league. :evil: :evil: :evil:
F*** the Storm. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
F*** Cullen . :evil:
F*** Gregs manager. :evil:

I hope the Broncos pull themselves together. This club is run by a bunch of wankers led by the biggest wanker of them all in Bruno and its killing themselves from the inside out :mad:

talk about temper tantrums ...

Personally i think it would be funny if Inglis told the Storm that since he has a legally binding Storm contract that he was going to honor it and play out the final two years. especially considering they have already stated that they couldn't fit GI's salary under the cap since they bought some players for next season [icon_evillaugh

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
OK don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on your way out my fair-weathered little friend.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
To me this is such a silly move. You don't leave 400K vacant and say we like the look of our roster the way it is, you spend the money and take advantage of any possible chance. While I respect Cullen's attitude the fact we've got 400K sitting idle without any plan B irritates me to no end.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
you gotta see all the people on the facebook broncos post saying they wont be getti.g membership

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Once again the Storm screw us over.

I am so sick of them. Hope they miss the finals for the next five years and they go bankrupt.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.