Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Aeetee said:
OK don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on your way out my fair-weathered little friend.
UUUM Hello, I never said I was walking away from the Broncos. I stated a fact that we are run by a bunch of amateurs and its killing us. All I said I wasn't going to follow the game of rugby league. I'll still be supporting the Broncos. Just not the actual game itself and what goes on in it.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
GCBRONCO said:
The only way it could get worse for the club is if Cullen is set to make another announcement shortly about a HUGE signing for the club.................................................................which turns out to be Michael Devere or Tonie Carroll coming out of retirement to play in the centres. Sad thing is I bet Cullen is on the phone to them as I type this [icon_frown

I reckon GC, you could be scarily close to the money there, lol.

To be fair to Mick and Tunza though, at least the club wouldn't be treated like a bus stop for them and they'd have a crack every week.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
So what should we do with it?

Save it for next season I suppose.

Not much we can do with it right now.

Again, somebody earlier nailed it, Cullen should've sorted this all out before he made that big song and dance back in August.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Before all the tantrums about Bruno screwing up and how he shouldnt have announced it before the ink had dried etc, the conditions of his release from melbourne was that he would pay his legal fees at that time believed to be around 87k. Only a bit over a month ago Inglis was in dispute with the law firm over the bill which had blown out to over 130k, during that dispute it dropped to 113k and the excess from the original estimate of 87k which Inglis was prepared to pay was due to the Storm hiring a QC without consulting Inglis over the expense and was therefore argued by Inglis' camp that it was the rsponsibility of the Storm to pay it, which melbourne refused to do because it would be included on their salary cap. Thats why the release became a stalemate, if Inglis and Melbourne couldnt forsee it im not sure how Bruno was suppose to.

I also dont think it was worth the Broncos finding the 30k odd in our salary cap to pay for his release if hes going behind the clubs back after agreeing to terms and negotiating with another club.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hatchy said:
Aeetee said:
OK don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on your way out my fair-weathered little friend.
UUUM Hello, I never said I was walking away from the Broncos. I stated a fact that we are run by a bunch of amateurs and its killing us. All I said I wasn't going to follow the game of rugby league. I'll still be supporting the Broncos. Just not the actual game itself and what goes on in it.

Ok let me just point this out in your post genius....
"No more supporting the game of Rugby league."

How the **** are you gunna support the Broncos who are a Rugby League team if you're not going to support the game of Rugby League itself eusa_think

W

westical

BRL Player
Mar 22, 2008
Can't say I'm surprised, nor do I blame the Broncos for giving him an ultimatum.

Good luck to him when he runs out at Suncorp with Souths or whatever team he ends up with.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":1dirp24k]To me this is such a silly move. You don't leave 400K vacant and say we like the look of our roster the way it is, you spend the money and take advantage of any possible chance. While I respect Cullen's attitude the fact we've got 400K sitting idle without any plan B irritates me to no end.

So what should we do with it? The only thing we COULD do is extend the contracts of Teo, Thaiday, Gillett - Secure them for the next 5 years.

Otherwise, who else can we pick up? Should we pick up Asotasi if Souths release him?[/quote:1dirp24k]

Asotasi... hmm not bad. But Like Pete said save it for next year, who is available after next season.

Also topping up or extending contracts of Juniors or Top players would also be a good path to go down.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Aeetee said:
Hatchy said:
Aeetee said:

Ok let me just point this out in your post genius....
"No more supporting the game of Rugby league."

How the **** are you gunna support the Broncos who are a Rugby League team if you're not going to support the game of Rugby League itself eusa_think
Simple. I'll watch the games but I won't be watching any other games. Besides, I do it with Chelsea, I have done it before. icon_thumbs_u

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Watch out for the ferries in Sydney harbour, greggy.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
np - That's all well and good but still he should've been 100% aware of all the possible obstructions before he came out and announced the deal. To me, he, the Storm and Inglis have all let us down.

Aeetee - I wouldn't go near Asotasi unless he wanted to play for 200K or so. I'd keep the 400K handy and see if there are any disgruntled players mid-season and of course top up our own stable of players.

This sucks and I'm just as frustrated as anybody...but we still have some of the best juniors coming through and they'll only get better next season. Inglis or no Inglis, the Broncos are here to win in 2011.

I

Insight

Oct 3, 2010
Cullen is the worst thing to happen to our club, a total amateur with a huge ego and zero commercial sense.

Playing under Wayne was a huge attraction for players coming to the club, are NRL players lining up to play under Henjak ?They thought when Wayne left that the success would keep coming...lol.

Souths have pushed the boat out to get GI and I hope they are successful.They are a team on the up with a very good young squad, a professional CEO in Shane Richardson and a premiership winning coach in Langy.

The Broncos have turned into a shambles since WB left.When Cullen leaves, and I sincerely hope he takes that clown Henjak with him, it will be a great day for the club , although it will take a while for the stench of that pair to leave.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah Asotasi isn't worth 400k :)

Any decent half backs available anywhere in the world [icon_razz1

You watch, next weeks headline "Cronk shock signing for Brisbane" lol

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Any chance Dave Taylor get a release?
I know he loves his fishing up in QLD, always see him at BCF!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Joel Monaghan to the Broncos [icon_drun

We don't know where his been.......................................................................oh wait yes we do [icon_ee

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I am glad, they were trying to hold us to ransom by all involved.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I bet the conversation with Mundine was quite absorbing, given that they both talk about themselves in 3rd person.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Wouldn't mind seeing BIG DAVE! back in Broncos colours...but given he's a backrow rather than a forward I don't think it'd make that much of a difference.

Active Now

• eazy-duzzit
  • levikaden
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • Swordfish
  • Aldo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • rnabokov
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • davidp
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Lostboy
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • Robboi_321
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.