Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

Oh well, I rather the team win the premiership with players that we brought through the ranks.
Bring on 2011, Gagai, Hoffman, a fully fit Yow Yeh and Hodges.. still plenty of strike power in the backs

I wonder if it is a ploy by the Broncos, the last time they took an Inglis offer off the table Inglis and his manager came back to the Broncos wanting to talk again and accepted near the original offer eusa_think

Foordy said:
I wonder if it is a ploy by the Broncos, the last time they took an Inglis offer off the table Inglis and his manager came back to the Broncos wanting to talk again and accepted near the original offer

He could have signed the contract & then tried to sort things out with the Storm.

Seems like we were used in all of this.
(make the offers go higher & then refuse to release him & some other team will offer him more)

Well as long as he hasn't signed anywhere else, anythings a possibility.

Let's hope he is renting a unit in Brisbane & he has to pay that, if he doesn't come here. [icon_evillaugh

The Rock said:
But this is what I don't understand. How come Melbourne would release Inglis to Souths and not Brisbane?

Do we really have to answer that..... or would you like Dane to......

Foordy said:
Big_Dave said:
He's gone to Souths, it's on http://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler
Even mentioned Russell Crowe's Twitter in his post.

no where there does it say its a done deal... all it says is a deal will be finalized next week

Is pretty much done.
Do you think Danny Wielder would leak it if he knew it would upset Russell Crowe and it's not true?

The Rock said:
But this is what I don't understand. How come Melbourne would release Inglis to Souths and not Brisbane?

Because Mundine is willing to pay $100,000 of the legal fees. (which will go towards Souths salary cap)

IMO: The Broncos were being used by both the Storm & Inglis.

Big_Dave said:
Foordy said:
http://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler[/url]
Even mentioned Russell Crowe's Twitter in his post.

no where there does it say its a done deal... all it says is a deal will be finalized next week

Is pretty much done.
Do you think Danny Wielder would leak it if he knew it would upset Russell Crowe and it's not true?[/quote:19m84myv]

i don't trust anything that guy says

Kaz said:
The Rock said:

Because Mundine is willing to pay $100,000 of the legal fees. (which will go towards Souths salary cap)

IMO: The Broncos were being used by both the Storm & Inglis.

A 100k... thought it was only 30 k eusa_think

Aeetee said:
A 100k... thought it was only 30 k

The Courier-Mail understands part of the deal would involve Mundine paying up to $100,000 of Inglis's outstanding legal bills at Melbourne Storm, which have prevented him from getting a release to sign with the Broncos.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5948546108

So it seems they are willing to pay most of it & that takes money out of the Storms salary cap.

The Rock said:
Let me just add that our club is the MOST ARROGANT CLUB in the NRL. FMD, we withdraw our offer because of this:

"We think it is an honour to represent our club and thus felt compelled to place a deadline of this afternoon for Greg to sign the contract he and his manager had agreed to."

Why do we feel COMPELLED to place a deadline? This is GREG INGLIS. This isn't some fringe-first grader centre, this is GREG INGLIS. We should do whatever it takes to acquire his signature. Who cares if we have to go through a bit of shit to get it, someone like Greg Inglis can potentially help win you a premiership! Someone like Greg Inglis can bring in another 10,000 people through the gates each game. (Just look at how Folau did that).

Why does our club have to be such hard arses and play the game of "Oh..how club is bigger than that. Sign now or piss off". NO NO NO. This is a business.

SOME THINGS ARE WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

You do relise the Broncos were probably trying to save face because Inglis said he wasn't going to sign.... [icon_confu

At least this way the Broncos look in control and saved them selves having to justify "why" Greg didn't wanna sign. Probably saved a fresh bunch of Henjak speculation.

Kaz said:
Aeetee said:

The Courier-Mail understands part of the deal would involve Mundine paying up to $100,000 of Inglis's outstanding legal bills at Melbourne Storm, which have prevented him from getting a release to sign with the Broncos.

So it seems they are willing to pay most of it & that takes money out of the Storms salary cap.

Well if that's true then I would hate to see what Mundane wants in return.... do the Bunnies have 100k under there cap?

Aeetee said:
Kaz said:
Aeetee said:

Well if that's true then I would hate to see what Mundane wants in return.... do the Bunnies have 100k under there cap?

don't forget the 400-500k they need to actually get his signature

Aeetee said:

Maybe he wants an all Black playing roster. [icon_evillaugh

Joey is sounding correct in what he called him. [icon_razz1 [icon_wink

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.