Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
pretty upsetting. The only thing that made this season bearable was the fact that we seemed like pretty damn good things to win the title in 2011. Now we are the same team minus our top tryscorer and added Ben Hannant :(

and Kaz, thats a little racist.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Quietly hoping they get their junk together and sign this week because I don't know of anyone of Greg Inglis' stature wanting to play for Souths. Surely?

Absolutely woeful performance by all concerned

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
and Kaz, thats a little racist.

And Mundine isn't

I should have used the word beige instead of black.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I reckon Souths have the money.

Lost Best and Capewell, didn't sign anyone of note and didn't really upgrade anybody's contracts substantially. With the salary cap. increase I can just see him fitting in.

Annoys me though.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
What about the whispers of Sandow leaving? Is his contract up or something?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:

Lost Best and Capewell, didn't sign anyone of note and didn't really upgrade anybody's contracts substantially. With the salary cap. increase I can just see him fitting in.

Annoys me though.

how much do you think they would actually be on

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not overly disappointed we lost GI, moreso pissed off at the way the Storm have acted and been allowed to get away with it. After what they have done, instead of copping it all on the chin and realising they, like everybody else, have to let their talent go from time to time, they have thrown their toys out of the pram and acted like complete wankers.

They made their bed now they can fucking lie in it.

To be completely honest, and it might just be emotion talking, as far as I'm concerned I would lose no sleep if the Melbourne Storm ceased to exist tomorrow. **** Melbourne, let them have their GayFL and horse racing. Our game is too good for those snobby bastards anyway icon_thumbs_u [icon_razz1

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Foordy said:
Big Pete said:

Annoys me though.

Best $150-200K

Capewell 100K

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
just listening to Cullen on fox sports news and he was basically saying that they got wind of GI meeting with Souths in Sydney and then they told him that they wanted a commitment from him.

then he basically said that one of the reasons GI didn't commit to the Broncos is that GI thought he could get a better deal in Sydney

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
Foordy said:
[quote="Big Pete":1or5cp7c]I reckon Souths have the money.

Annoys me though.

Best $150-200K

Capewell 100K[/quote:1or5cp7c]

with the legal bill included they would need around 600k of cap space

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
500K would count to the cap.

700K in total.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:

Annoys me though.
they re-signed Luke, and only last season signed burgess and taylor. I hardly think they have been sitting on 600k+ as well as his 113k legal bill. Even if mundine pays 100k in marquee allowence where are they going to find another 200k from sponsors in a saturated sydney market. The commercial oportunities in brisbane would have netted him at least the value of his contract outside the salary cap. They have to lose someone substantial.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hey Greg , how about I (Crowe) give your GF a really awesome job working for me......

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
he was on 600k with us, so if souths reakon they will pay his legal fees they need to find at least 700+, excluding 300k marquee allowence and assuming they only use it on him they still need to find 400k on their main cap.

Souths dont have the best track record with 3rd party deals, Craig Wing case in point.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Broncos were played like a fiddle by GI & the Storm.

Broncos are linked to a player & other teams up the price.

Hope the NRL don't register the contract if he signs with Souths.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
For once i agree with rocky. It just seems that the broncos hide the fact we are a poorly run club by the big bucks they make at the gates and merch

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Rocky and Queenslander have hit the nail on the head. The bottom line makes our management look enviable but in reality they have no clue.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Strop
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • leon.bott
  • The Don
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • Painin the Haas
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.