Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

GI is a great player, no doubting that. But he is an even bigger tool. Ok, I for one have not been happy with the way Bruno Cullen has gone about business over recent years (his over-involvement in the football side of things, signings etc) but in this case, I applaud his, and the clubs stance.

I know it is a very over-used cliche in that no one player is bigger than the club, but it is true. Inglis has never once in the interviews/reports I've seen seem the least bit excited to be playing for the Broncos for the next two years - in fact he almost seemed having to do so under great sufferance. The club/team doesn't need players like that, regardless of how great they are.

I would rather a young player, such as Copley, Beale or anyone for that matter who considered it a privilege to realise their dream of playing first grade footy for a team such as Brisbane. Inglis only appeared to see such a role as a stop-gap measure - with that type of attitude you would have to worry about his form holding up over the length of a season.

Inglis can go and get ****** for all I care and I am glad the club has made a stance on this occasion. Sort term pain for long term gain as far as I see it and I fully support the club for its decision.

nelly77 said:
GI is a great player, no doubting that. But he is an even bigger tool. Ok, I for one have not been happy with the way Bruno Cullen has gone about business over recent years (his over-involvement in the football side of things, signings etc) but in this case, I applaud his, and the clubs stance.

I know it is a very over-used cliche in that no one player is bigger than the club, but it is true. Inglis has never once in the interviews/reports I've seen seem the least bit excited to be playing for the Broncos for the next two years - in fact he almost seemed having to do so under great sufferance. The club/team doesn't need players like that, regardless of how great they are.

I would rather a young player, such as Copley, Beale or anyone for that matter who considered it a privilege to realise their dream of playing first grade footy for a team such as Brisbane. Inglis only appeared to see such a role as a stop-gap measure - with that type of attitude you would have to worry about his form holding up over the length of a season.

Inglis can go and get ****** for all I care and I am glad the club has made a stance on this occasion. Sort term pain for long term gain as far as I see it and I fully support the club for its decision.

Top post!

ivanhungryjak said:
Does anyone know anything about this? (Particularly the bit about the P.C.)
Broncos' Bruno Cullen says Rabbitohs players should 'watch their back' as the club tries to sign Greg Inglis
17 minutes ago via TweetDeck .
Broncos still with money to burn- haven't named any big name contenders yet- but something could 'pop up'
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck .
Broncos laugh off suggestions they're looking at making Joel Monaghan a deal
press conference at Broncos headquarters happening NOW- details soon
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck
http://twitter.com/9NewsBrisbane

Interested about this Press conference thing... The amount of stuff I have 'heard since the GI thing is insane, be interested to see if any are true.

I heard Berrigan is on a Qantas plane on the way back to Brissy.. Also Darren Smith has been seen training with the club over the last few days. Could be a surprise signing, lets just wait and see.

I agree Coxy, nelly you've pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter.

And Inglis has lost his integrity in all of this. I remember him saying he'd never play against Melbourne and was moving to Brisbane for family reasons and because of his girl. Now he's hanging around with Mundine..

Yeah Berro an Option, I wouldn't say no. Smith hmmmm I love the guy but has he still got it?

Is Mundine not the biggest pile of $hit on earth?? I hope we use some of the coin to buy another cheap possible experienced guy and use the rest to give Thaiday a pay rise.

Bucking Beads said:
I heard Berrigan is on a Qantas plane on the way back to Brissy.. Also Darren Smith has been seen training with the club over the last few days..

All we need now is to sign Willie Carne or Steve Renouf or both & the premiership is ours.

I agree with Nelly. He did not really seem to want to play with us at any stage and basically that seemed to be a recipe for disaster to me. Good call by the club. I wonder if there is a young English centre that might like to have a crack at the NRL for 2-3 years that would cost us half the money.

Mundines name being involved has conveniently taken the heat off Cullen.Ppls bias against Mundine clouds there judgment.

Had we carried out due diligence this could all have been avoided, we didnt , why not ? Cause we have a parasite upstairs running the show with no fucking idea.

GI reportedly had concerns about playing under Henjak, cant blame him, and I certainly wouldnt doubt that being a factor in this too.Souths pushed the boat out to get him , have a squad on the up , a professionally run club and premiership winning coach in Langy.Good luck to them.

Henjak and that virus upstairs can leave together.

Insight said:
Mundines name being involved has conveniently taken the heat off Cullen.Ppls bias against Mundine clouds there judgment.

Had we carried out due diligence this could all have been avoided, we didnt , why not ? Cause we have a parasite upstairs running the show with no **** idea.

GI reportedly had concerns about playing under Henjak, cant blame him, and I certainly wouldnt doubt that being a factor in this too.Souths pushed the boat out to get him , have a squad on the up , a professionally run club and premiership winning coach in Langy.Good luck to them.

Cullen has been unfairly criticized over this situation IMO... I think he did the right thing but cutting GI loose.

BTW, what was the press conference about

Coxy said:
Blackduck said:
I thought GI had character

Curious where you got that impression? I've never seen much from Inglis to make me think he was anything other than a talented footballer with not much else going on. This whole saga just really confirms it for me.

Probably just believing he had character( or hoping)..............guess he is NSW after all.

Foordy said:
Insight said:

Had we carried out due diligence this could all have been avoided, we didnt , why not ? Cause we have a parasite upstairs running the show with no **** idea.

Cullen has been unfairly criticized over this situation IMO... I think he did the right thing but cutting GI loose.

BTW, what was the press conference about

Personally, I would have waited until 5 minutes before kick-off in round 1 for Inglis to sign as long as all his shit was sorted and he was playing for the club.

But hey, each to their own. He's only the best centre in the game and the CEO decided he wasn't worth waiting for, but whatevs.

ivanhungryjak said:
Does anyone know anything about this? (Particularly the bit about the P.C.)
Broncos' Bruno Cullen says Rabbitohs players should 'watch their back' as the club tries to sign Greg Inglis
17 minutes ago via TweetDeck .
Broncos still with money to burn- haven't named any big name contenders yet- but something could 'pop up'
Broncos laugh off suggestions they're looking at making Joel Monaghan a deal
press conference at Broncos headquarters happening NOW- details soon
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck
http://twitter.com/9NewsBrisbane

did they ever have that press conference

The Rock said:
- Greg Inglis is a grade a dog. To him the Broncos were "just another rugby league club". If he really wanted to be here, then he would be here. (even if that meant just coughing up the dough himself)

- If Inglis wanted to sign with Brisbane right now, I'd take him back in a heart beat. I know he's a tool, but I think once he starts playing here he'll develop the passion to play for this great club. I say this because he has so many QLD team mates in the team.

- The NRL are partly to blame for this rubbish. They should have taken it into their own hands to ensure the Storm release players earlier in the year. Stripping their premierships off them only hurts their players and the club yet somehow the Storm have been able to hold players for randos when really they should have no leg to stand on.

I'll put my money where my mouth is - I agree with this. As mentioned earlier - GI never really showed much off the field anyway... just a talented footballer, nothing wrong with that IMO. You don't need every single player to be a 'character' in your team - nor do you need a team just full of 'talented' footballers either... Balance.

I do however agree with the Broncs decision to pull the pin - hypocritical for me to say otherwise because I was a HUGE rock thrower about the whole KHUNT saga and at least they've made an early decision and we can now move on. If things change - then things change (who knows atm?!) but for now I'm glad we've made a stance.

The Rock said:
- Bruno Cullen and the Broncos are a bunch of incompetent franagas. First it was the Civoniceva saga, then the Hunt saga and now the Inglis saga. Unprofessional club, unprofessional CEO and this shit should have been done and dusted months ago without question.

I've never been Bruno fan, but I can't blame him at all for what has gone on with the Inglis saga. In fact, I think he and Andrew Gee can walk away with their heads held high.
The Broncos obviously wanted no part in paying for GI's legal costs and why should they? I'm sure they'd rather not have to even acknowledge the court case let along have to pay for the legal services. That's in the past, but I'm sure there were people at the club that didn't want him there because of it. It wouldn't be a great look for the club to pay those costs, and what precedence would it set should something similar happen in the future? This isn't even taking into account the salary cap side of it.

This is a dog act of SBW proportions, and it all lays on the shoulders of Inglis. What a joke of a "man". Don't get me started on the snake in the grass that is Mundine. Let's face it. Mundine, SBW and GI are all as thick as bricks. Listen to them speak. They barely have a brain cell between them and as a result they make poor decisions.

GI is obviously an impressionable young guy (like SBW) and wants to be in the Mundine's Koori Kid's Club more than he wants to play for any one particular club. No-one could have seen that coming, but everyone will be weary of it for the rest of his career. We were lead on for months and then very publicly pissed on.

What disappoints me is that the media doesn't seem to be treating this in the same light as SBW. It seems as though most are GLAD that Inglis is going to Souths, and that it's good for the game.
A club that has enough sympathy from people to label the underhanded signing of a player with zero integrity a "massive coup" is a pathetic one.

Remember the public outcry when the Broncos dared signed Inglis back in August?

It bewilders me how Souths have gotten away with this.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • barker
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.