Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

You just gotta lol at the excuses fatty and his apologists have been trotting out in the last day or so. No pre-season training (he's been training since January -
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-season-at-110kg/story-e6frepaf-1225829138829 )
"I've got to sit down and study my teammates such as Dave Taylor and John Sutton" ( http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-lacklustre-form/story-e6frexnr-1226025694086 )- WTF?
You want to have a look at how somebody just knuckles down and does the hard work - have a look at how Jack Reed has started his season.

What about the excuse that him and Dave Taylor have regular pie eating comps?

ivanhungryjak said:
You just gotta lol at the excuses fatty and his apologists have been trotting out in the last day or so. No pre-season training (he's been training since January.
I am pretty sure he was in the rehab crew for the whole if not majority of the pre-season. So he was at pre-season training yes, but was not training near the level that everyone else was doing as he was being eased back from off season surgery.

So he's playing whilst not being at full fitness and that excuses it?

Twiztid said:
ivanhungryjak said:
You just gotta lol at the excuses fatty and his apologists have been trotting out in the last day or so. No pre-season training (he's been training since January.
I am pretty sure he was in the rehab crew for the whole if not majority of the pre-season. So he was at pre-season training yes, but was not training near the level that everyone else was doing as he was being eased back from off season surgery.
That may be true but isn't this an elite athlete we're talking about? How many players get an injury, train their arses off and are back carving up first game back, sometimes not even fully fit? Happens all the time to those who are committed [icon_shru

Browny said:
So he's playing whilst not being at full fitness and that excuses it?
It doesn't excuse it but that might be a factor and there are plenty of players who lose form after injury or while injuried.

Plus as I said before he is coming into a team with a halves combination that can fire and not fire, comparing that to the magic 3 he had at the Storm.

So far we have played well for most of the game and screwed ourselves out of 2 wins by stupid mistakes. If we won those games, no one would be saying anything about Inglis besides he has been a little slow to get involved.

Yes, Inglis hasn't really set the world on fire yet. How much ball did he receive round 1? I think he touched the ball 3 times in the first half and a few more in the 2nd. He scored a try of a kick that many players wouldn't have caught and he hardly jumped and still beat SKD.

Round 2. They involved him a bit more but he got about 4-5 hospital passes with the defense sitting on top of him with no room to move. He set up a try from a set play. Idris didn't just own him, he owned that side of the field because they all forgot how to tackle him. He scored a simple try becauseTulz turned his back and Inglis couldn't cover the overlap to bring him down.

I am not expecting him to really start showing his usual magic till atleast Round 4 - 5 once he gets the few games under his belt and starts getting some good ball and gets more involved.

to be honest Mark Gasnier has probably got to answer a lot more than Greg Inglis. Has he done anything good since coming back from Yawnion?

He had a couple of decent touches in 2010, although so far his 2011 form has been inferior to Inglis' which as Twiz said is being blown out of proportion. Easily his worse start, but it was to be expected with Souths spine.

Tend to agree. While I think Inglis has been LOLZ so far this season...it's 2 games, at a new club, recovering from offseason surgery. Bit early to start celebrating his demise.

I note the new Brisbane bid teams generous donation to flood affected Rugby League clubs of access to 100,000 free pies has got Inglis very interested in coming back to Brisbane to the new Brisbane franchise icon_thumbs_u

Uninterested = not interested in the game. Bored. Uncaring.

Disinterested = has not had a bet on the game.

gUt said:
Uninterested = not interested in the game. Bored. Uncaring.

Disinterested = has not had a bet on the game.

Your avatar is disturbing.

Twiztid said:
I am not expecting him to really start showing his usual magic till atleast Round 4 - 5 once he gets the few games under his belt and starts getting some good ball and gets more involved.
and hey, we excuse a few other players for playing cod ordinary football for most of the season because 'we saw 3 years ago for a handful of games that they can be a good player', so why is it different for inglis? oh right, because he didnt come to the Broncos.

only a fool would write off inglis as 'too fat' or anything like that. wasnt it last year that he was timed as running his fastest times in pre-season training ever, despite being like 105kg? he should only be called too fat if his weight is holding him back. souths knew what they were getting when they signed him, so did we - a player who rarely plays poorly, but who often doesnt get too involved, but can pull matchwinning plays out of his pocket like theyre made of pies.

plus, as others have said, hes playing outside deadset the worst halves in the game. theres only so much you can do when you dont have any matchfitness and get lollipop passes all day.

well he does seem to be turning into Owen Craigie so I think it is fair we get into him about his weight, I think we all know he will get back to his best. It is fun for us to get into him because of the way he went about not coming to the Broncos. All in good fun still one of the best players you will get to see play the game.

He would have paid for the Yatala pies renovations tho

"Speaking for the first time about the ugly split, Inglis said the Broncos' reluctance to settle a $113,000 legal bill for a QC who successfully defending him against an assault charge had been primarily behind his decision." What a croc, Bruno Cullen said that they said the would pay $100,000 of that bill. And when push came to shove bruno said on radio that the said they would fork out the remaining $13,000, he said at the end of the day the club would be silly to have GI walk over $13,000. Now Im no Bruno supporter, but I think I know who I believe in this situation. Have fun at the club on the up.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.