Broncos Youth Players and Young Guns coming through.

Stumbled across this, footage of an U16 game Broncs v Cows.

The second half is also available online.

Broncos won 30-10, Karl Oloapu is in action as well for the Broncos.

1. Xavier Atoa (Souths Logan Magpies)
4. Tyreece Tait (Brisbane Tigers)
5. Israel Leota (Souths Logan Magpies)
6. Karl Oloapu (Redcliffe Dolphins)
12. Will Herbert (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
14. Coby Black (Marsden SHS)
17. Tom Morcom (Shalom College Second Row)
18. Lauloto Selei (Norths Devils Halfback)

That's just judging from the announcer.

Tries: Tyreece Tait, Israel Leota, Xavier Atoa, Tom Morcom, Lauloto Selei, Karl Oloapu
Goals: Will Herbert 1/4, Coby Black 2/2

Pretty sure 9 is Cameron Bukowski who played for Easts Tigers in CC.

Pretty sure 3 is Devonte Vaivela who played as well. He was a member of the Souths Logan Magpies CC team and is pretty highly rated.

I know PJ Su’A is in the side I don’t know what number or position (most likely middle forward) actually just know he is a gun schoolboy Union player (still very young though) and was in that side.

On another note I didn’t realise Karl Olapua was that young but from the small bits I saw he seemed to have a pretty big aura or presence about him. Did anyone who watched more remember if he played well. Journos seem to rate him highly and have for a while now so I assumed he was older than an u16’s side and just assumed he was one of those blokes who did well for his school but would fall off the face of the planet in terms of recognition based off the blokes he was stuck behind but I didn’t realise how much younger he was. Considering how much he gets talked up for his age he might be one to look forward to.

The number 5 looked destructive every time he got the ball, lots of tackle busts and meters made. One to keep an eye on and hold onto for our wing stocks for sure.

Ethan Quai-Ward was signed to the Broncos late last year, but I cannot see him named in either as a 2022 Broncos Development Player nor in the top 30. I am aware that he had a wrist injury and had surgery in late 21. Is anyone able to give an update on this player?
He's on train and trial.

On another note I didn’t realise Karl Olapua was that young but from the small bits I saw he seemed to have a pretty big aura or presence about him. Did anyone who watched more remember if he played well. Journos seem to rate him highly and have for a while now so I assumed he was older than an u16’s side and just assumed he was one of those blokes who did well for his school but would fall off the face of the planet in terms of recognition based off the blokes he was stuck behind but I didn’t realise how much younger he was. Considering how much he gets talked up for his age he might be one to look forward to.

He played CC-U16 for Dolphins last season.

Q Plus TV is letting you view qrl games including CC and MM cup.

Apparently mozer and Gray are playing for souths logan and played Tweed (last year's premiers) in the first round and came away with the win.

Extended QLD under 19 squad announced featuring a number of exciting bronco affiliated young players: Mozer, Mam, Gray, Te Kura.

Im not too familiar with Packer

Its probably unlikely but it would be awesome to see them pick a spine of

9. Mozer
7. Gray
6. Mam

Any comments, @1910 ?

Queensland Under 19 squad​

NameClub/s
Angus HincheyNorths Devils
Arthur Miller-StephensParramatta Eels
Ben Te KuraBrisbane Broncos/Norths Devils
Blake MozerBrisbane Broncos/Souths Logan Magpies
Chris FaagutuSouths Logan Magpies
Coby WilliamsonCentral Queensland Capras
Del WigmorePenrith Panthers
Ezra MamBrisbane Broncos/Souths Logan Magpies
Harradyn WilsonBrisbane Broncos/Souths Logan Magpies
Isaiah IongiPenrith Panthers
Jeremiah NanaiNorth Queensland Cowboys
Jojo FifitaGold Coast Titans/Tweed Seagulls
Josiah PahuluGold Coast Titans/Burleigh Bears
Jye GrayBrisbane Broncos/Souths Logan Magpies
Kaleb NgamanuGold Coast Titans/Tweed Seagulls
Kuli FinefeuiakiNorth Queensland Cowboys/Townsville Blackhawks
Luke JackNorth Queensland Cowboys/Townsville Blackhawks
Luke PietznerNewcastle Knights
Paul BryanNewcastle Knights
Ragarive WavikNorth Queensland Cowboys/Townsville Blackhawks
Robert ToiaSydney Roosters
Shaun PackerBrisbane Broncos/Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Tane KirionaCanberra Raiders
Thomas DuffyNorth Queensland Cowboys/Townsville Blackhawks
Tim Sielaff-BurnsSouths Logan Magpies
Xavier Chatfield-MookaSydney Roosters
Xavier Va'aSydney Roosters
Will LatuNorth Queensland Cowboys/Townsville Blackhawks

We have Mozer AND Packer? Far out man, far out!

So I am not familiar with a lot of those players but the ones I know are pretty good. For bias broncos reasons this is the team I hope we go along the lines of

1. Ragarive Wavik
2.?
3. Rob Toia
4. Jojo Fifita
5. ?
6. Ezra Mam
7. Jye Gray (Probably will be H.Wilson)
8. Xavier Va’A
9. Blake Mozer
10. Ben Te Kura
11. Angus Hinchey
12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Chris Faagatu
14. Shaun Packer
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?

Any changes, fill in the gaps. @1910 you would have the best idea I have probably made 12 mistakes already.

Ive never seen him play so interested to know, why is harradyn Wilson not getting talked about at all? He's just turned 19 and is the starting half-back in a qld cup team and made the under 19s qld squad, with every likelihood he gets picked ahead of Gray who has big wraps on him. Surely given all of the above he MAY be an option in the future given he plays for our feeder? What's he like as a player?

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Wolfie
  • cento
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Maddy
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.