Broncos Youth Players and Young Guns coming through.

Apparently we have lost Lock/second rower Lewis Symonds to Redcliffe

Apparently we have lost Lock/second rower Lewis Symonds to Redcliffe

I get the feeling Lewis is like Va’a and football is just something I can do.

He’s talented- absolutely sensational defender. Woukdnt have been a game this year he didn’t top Souths count. Made the step up to Colts. I was surprised Hunt didn’t give him a Cup run. Hunt loves him.

Bennett will love him, good kid who works hard. But I can see a day coming where Bennett has to say it’s javelin or football kid.

Hopefully the Broncos can hang onto Jett Bryce. From what I've seen Bryce is the better prospect, but it really goes to show how much tougher it's going to be keeping those junior prospects.
Lewis is pretty good as is basically everyone contracted to the bronx but not only are there already 3 very good second rowers in the squad but Jett Bryce is also better than him and will take away all the opportunities he could possibly get in relation to the first grade squad e.g. development squad, training possibilities and all that. I think the current state of the Broncos is not the best environment for him to develop simply because there is no clear path for him unless we start losing players.

It makes sense for him. It’s very much a similar thing to Jye Gray and the prospect he faced with Mam, Oloapu, Reyno, Madden and Black to come a year later.

More promising forwards we have lost:

Faatilli is off to the falcons/storm and Radel is training with the cowboys

Doubt we are going to get Blacker he has joined the Devils

I'm curious as well.

I'd imagine it would give South Sydney a place to send their New Zealand and Queensland scholarship holders. Don't want to come to Sydney? Hey, we can set you up at the best Rugby League school in the world.

I could also see them having their own camps so the best unsigned players could be offered these clinics with the South Sydney junior officers and they run them through their paces, review their training footage and offer tips and invite a few along to Sydney to trial for U/17s and U/19s.

Still, I'd imagine the Reece Walsh's and Payne Haas' of the world would still be welcome. They'd just have to attend different camps, but the Broncos are on top of that. As far as I know, Brisbane have a loose affiliation with a few schools, but usually just run their own programs with their own camps and rep. games.
Isn't most of the talent found by scouts for their club team and not at school though?

or do they not play for junior clubs if they are in a Elite School like Keebra?

if it's the later than it's pretty insane for any club to have dibs on a School like that, especially one from Sydney.

Isn't most of the talent found by scouts for their club team and not at school though?

or do they not play for junior clubs if they are in a Elite School like Keebra?

if it's the later than it's pretty insane for any club to have dibs on a School like that, especially one from Sydney.
Typically, kids come through the junior clubs, they're offered scholarships by the schools where the schoolboys competition takes precedence over club competition and the players are signed by NRL clubs typically through junior rep carnivals.

At least that's what I think you're asking. If Keebra doesn't offer them the scholarships, then kids may get it arranged through their NRL scholarships.

Tomu Cook who signed a three year contract with the Broncos last year has moved over from NZ and will start the 2024 season as part of the Souths Logan Magpies U17 Cyril Connell Cup squad.

QLD Under 19 emerging Origin squad named. Does anyone know which boys are signed to the Broncos?

1910 has you covered mate.

Beni Allen (Prop/Second Row), Jett Bryce (Second Row), Coby Black (Halfback), Cameron Bukowski (Hooker), Israel Leota (Winger/Centre), Tariq Tanner (Centre)

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • MrRobot
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.