Broncos Youth Players and Young Guns coming through.

Mozer was alright but not great. I actually think he got outplayed by his own team’s bench hooker
Satrick looked more likely and was actually beating tackles, unfortunately he took some dumb options.

Only passage of play I enjoyed from Mozer was the try-saver on Sanders after Strange had bumped Mozer off earlier in the play. Then off the penalty, draws in the defence for Lamont to put that kick through for Sullivan. Then he follows that up by taking the right option off the kick off. Plays short for Marshall, Marshall makes a good carry. Then for all money looks like he's going long, before playing right and it just gave Lamont and Jackson time to combine. That was a smart line from Jackson to get on the outside of Feledy and suddenly the Maroons were on top.

It was certainly better than constantly giving it to Te Kura. The boiling point was when he came straight on and his first play was to try Te Kura on the last before telling everyone to chill.

Then the Blues just go upfield with ease and run right through him.

Te Kura throwing a hospital pass to Lamont mid-way through the second half bruised my soul. Look at how he ran compared to Ryan Jackson...

It was a forgettable night. If there's any solace and we measure careers by QRL games, at 19 Grant had only played one QCup game.

Mozer has played 17, scored 6 tries and is putting it together.

Took Harry 40 games before he was ready to hit the ground running. I don't think Brisbane will have that luxury but if he keeps progressing close enough will be good enough.

Satrick looked more likely and was actually beating tackles, unfortunately he took some dumb options.

Only passage of play I enjoyed from Mozer was the try-saver on Sanders after Strange had bumped Mozer off earlier in the play. Then off the penalty, draws in the defence for Lamont to put that kick through for Sullivan. Then he follows that up by taking the right option off the kick off. Plays short for Marshall, Marshall makes a good carry. Then for all money looks like he's going long, before playing right and it just gave Lamont and Jackson time to combine. That was a smart line from Jackson to get on the outside of Feledy and suddenly the Maroons were on top.

It was certainly better than constantly giving it to Te Kura. The boiling point was when he came straight on and his first play was to try Te Kura on the last before telling everyone to chill.

Then the Blues just go upfield with ease and run right through him.

Te Kura throwing a hospital pass to Lamont mid-way through the second half bruised my soul. Look at how he ran compared to Ryan Jackson...

It was a forgettable night. If there's any solace and we measure careers by QRL games, at 19 Grant had only played one QCup game.

Mozer has played 17, scored 6 tries and is putting it together.

Took Harry 40 games before he was ready to hit the ground running. I don't think Brisbane will have that luxury but if he keeps progressing close enough will be good enough.
Yeah I’m more concerned with his QRL form than his teenage rep performances. Still, it would be nice for him to stand up in that arena

How about Leota though? Did a fantastic Coates impression.
I hadn't really seen anything of him before last night - first impression is he's got quite a frame, if he can fill that out a bit more without losing his speed he'll be a nightmare to tackle.

Mozer's passing looked pretty good. The one where he hit the prop at speed and he knocked on looked like it was for the 5/8 but old mate got in the way. But he is still young and probably shouldn't have everyone talking about how he is the next Cam Smith before his first ever game. Would be good to get him 10 mins at the back end of games we are likely to win though to get him some experience when the rest of the forward pack is back.

Mozer's passing looked pretty good. The one where he hit the prop at speed and he knocked on looked like it was for the 5/8 but old mate got in the way. But he is still young and probably shouldn't have everyone talking about how he is the next Cam Smith before his first ever game. Would be good to get him 10 mins at the back end of games we are likely to win though to get him some experience when the rest of the forward pack is back.

I think the Smith comparison is more based on movement and build than ability. He moves like him and engages the same.

He defends like him too.

But that's a generational thing, every hooker under 20 does it. If you went to a game in 1988 every hooker was throwing massive 360 degree dummies like Benny.

Mozer was alright but not great. I actually think he got outplayed by his own team’s bench hooker
Totally agree.
His service is ordinary so I'd his defence. I can't believe the hype of this kid

His service wasn’t clunky wtf you talking about. He made one error when he absolutely rocketed it into a bloke two metres away and one pass was a bit shitty when he lost his footing trying to get away from the try line so that he didn’t get whacked mid pass. Some of his passes were fucken incredible. Yes tempo was a bit off but nobody around him had a clue what a classy dummy half could do for them he was playing with himself half the time.

His defence was solid to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

He is a bloke who has a skill set that was far too classy for the morons he was playing with. Nobody was on the same tempo or same page as him at all. Show me a hooker on this planet with shithosue halves, a shithouse fullback, a forward pack that got severely beaten by its opposition, average outside backs, 65 missed tackles (from the team), 16 errors and a 62% completion rate. This is before taking into account the opposition is a million times classier and the play of the ball speed was so slow he could literally walk to each tackle. Simply crazy that you would expect anything from your hooker in a situation like that. It was always going to be a challenge for him but **** me Cameron Smith couldn’t have done much with the clown show that the QLD boys served up tonight.

Impossible to expect a hooker to be at the peak of there powers in a game like this with so many new combinations when they lack so much footy IQ, the spine is useless and the team completes like they are playing with a wet bar of soap.

Sure everyone would have loved this dominant display from Mozer but let’s not get carried away with the factors at stake here. Out of everyone on that field I’d still be taking Mozer by a mile. Mozer has had to develop his game quite intensely to the way q-cup is played to be effective it can be very hard to come back and play a schoolboy style of play he was required to do. I have zero concern about Mozer from that game. I am very worried about Leota (hasn’t had the same opportunities Mozer and Te Kura have had tbf) and Te Kura needed to be far more dominant than that to be close to a debut for the Bronx.

Billy Scott didn’t outplay shit man I could have looked like a gun hooker with the options he had. Swap the two around and Mozer would be the next coming off Christ and Billy Scott would be sent to rugby union because he was blacklisted from rugby league. Chalk and cheese and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
You.mist be a relative or his dad. You obviously didn't watch the same game as everyone elsehos service was rubbish can pass left to right cleanly. His organisation and clear instructions was ordinary. Some of hos passes went to the wrong players.
Hos defence was not acceptable for someone with such hype and playing QCupy you can say what you want and defend the kid till your blue in the face but for someone who played last year and done a full season with NRL he should be a lot better than he was last night.
He kicks for the sake of kicking.
He didn't create any space for his middles, hos service and defence was ordinary.

It was there for everyone else to.see except you.

The QLD back up hooker out played him with the same team , so make up as many excuses as you want and blame all the other players around him.
But if he is QLD and broncos future we are in big troble
The NSW hooker isn't a hooker he is a lock. His service wasn't the greatest either but he looked more a hooker than mozoer.
Full stop

You.mist be a relative or his dad. You obviously didn't watch the same game as everyone elsehos service was rubbish can pass left to right cleanly. His organisation and clear instructions was ordinary. Some of hos passes went to the wrong players.
Hos defence was not acceptable for someone with such hype and playing QCupy you can say what you want and defend the kid till your blue in the face but for someone who played last year and done a full season with NRL he should be a lot better than he was last night.
He kicks for the sake of kicking.
He didn't create any space for his middles, hos service and defence was ordinary.

It was there for everyone else to.see except you.

The QLD back up hooker out played him with the same team , so make up as many excuses as you want and blame all the other players around him.
But if he is QLD and broncos future we are in big troble
The NSW hooker isn't a hooker he is a lock. His service wasn't the greatest either but he looked more a hooker than mozoer.
Full stop
Welcome to the forum Gabriel.

I found the big Fianu to be quite impressive. Looks likely to have a big future

Bit of a tool though

His antics after the sin bin is why we need a 5 min bin to sit people down for being a goose

I think te kura needs to get a bit more mongrel in him (and a bit more muscle). With his size he should be monstering teams NAS style.

Qld just had no aggression and allowed NSW to win every collision. They never looked in the game.

I think te kura needs to get a bit more mongrel in him (and a bit more muscle). With his size he should be monstering teams NAS style.

Qld just had no aggression and allowed NSW to win every collision. They never looked in the game.
Still very young, don't think he will be the monster we need in 1st grade till he is in his 20s, bigger body requires time to Build the Muscle, it's why good middles don't break into first grade till later.

I have no doubt he will be the next Nelson but it will take a few years to build it, muscle takes awhile to build.

I thought we looked ok up to and during the sin bin and then NSW further development shone through as being down a player for 10 mins tired out our comparatively underdeveloped kids.

The Bronco's have signed a young fullback from Auckland in Tomu Cook in front of multiple other clubs.
I’ve reached the age where you play too many seasons of a sporting game on PlayStation and all the real players have retired and been replaced by generic player names.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Organix
  • Galah
  • Scorchie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bronx48
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • porouian
  • Allo
  • Midean
  • simplythebest
  • broncos4life
  • RodF
  • Wolfie
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.