Broncos Youth Players and Young Guns coming through.

Te Kura was disappointing but I don’t know what else you could have asked for from Mozer. One of those players that needs a platform to make his magic happen and there was none. He did his job in giving good service and making his tackles. It was up to the others to get the basics right and they couldn’t. Don’t see how that one can fall back on Blake not performing when the entire team put in a dogshit performance

Te Kura was disappointing but I don’t know what else you could have asked for from Mozer. One of those players that needs a platform to make his magic happen and there was none. He did his job in giving good service and making his tackles. It was up to the others to get the basics right and they couldn’t. Don’t see how that one can fall back on Blake not performing when the entire team put in a dogshit performance
His service was clunky, attacking options non-existent, a lot of finger pointing that only made it easy for the defence to smash the poor prop who was on the receiving end of one of his crash balls. Absolutely bullied in defence and looked utterly out-classed when he should be one of the best players on the park given the hype.

Completely outplayed by Billy Scott.

Do they do gym work in QLD later than they do in NSW?

Honestly looks noticeable how different the players looked.

His service was clunky, attacking options non-existent, a lot of finger pointing that only made it easy for the defence to smash the poor prop who was on the receiving end of one of his crash balls. Absolutely bullied in defence and looked utterly out-classed when he should be one of the best players on the park given the hype.

Completely outplayed by Billy Scott.
His service wasn’t clunky wtf you talking about. He made one error when he absolutely rocketed it into a bloke two metres away and one pass was a bit shitty when he lost his footing trying to get away from the try line so that he didn’t get whacked mid pass. Some of his passes were fucken incredible. Yes tempo was a bit off but nobody around him had a clue what a classy dummy half could do for them he was playing with himself half the time.

His defence was solid to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

He is a bloke who has a skill set that was far too classy for the morons he was playing with. Nobody was on the same tempo or same page as him at all. Show me a hooker on this planet with shithosue halves, a shithouse fullback, a forward pack that got severely beaten by its opposition, average outside backs, 65 missed tackles (from the team), 16 errors and a 62% completion rate. This is before taking into account the opposition is a million times classier and the play of the ball speed was so slow he could literally walk to each tackle. Simply crazy that you would expect anything from your hooker in a situation like that. It was always going to be a challenge for him but **** me Cameron Smith couldn’t have done much with the clown show that the QLD boys served up tonight.

Impossible to expect a hooker to be at the peak of there powers in a game like this with so many new combinations when they lack so much footy IQ, the spine is useless and the team completes like they are playing with a wet bar of soap.

Sure everyone would have loved this dominant display from Mozer but let’s not get carried away with the factors at stake here. Out of everyone on that field I’d still be taking Mozer by a mile. Mozer has had to develop his game quite intensely to the way q-cup is played to be effective it can be very hard to come back and play a schoolboy style of play he was required to do. I have zero concern about Mozer from that game. I am very worried about Leota (hasn’t had the same opportunities Mozer and Te Kura have had tbf) and Te Kura needed to be far more dominant than that to be close to a debut for the Bronx.

Billy Scott didn’t outplay shit man I could have looked like a gun hooker with the options he had. Swap the two around and Mozer would be the next coming off Christ and Billy Scott would be sent to rugby union because he was blacklisted from rugby league. Chalk and cheese and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

His service wasn’t clunky wtf you talking about. He made one error when he absolutely rocketed it into a bloke two metres away and one pass was a bit shitty when he lost his footing trying to get away from the try line so that he didn’t get whacked mid pass. Some of his passes were fucken incredible. Yes tempo was a bit off but nobody around him had a clue what a classy dummy half could do for them he was playing with himself half the time.
So you do know wtf I'm talking about because you've remembered two key moments and have come around on him generally being off-tempo but somehow that's not his fault.

Missing tackles, conceding offloads - he was a target in the middle.

Billy Scott didn’t outplay shit man I could have looked like a gun hooker with the options he had. Swap the two around and Mozer would be the next coming off Christ and Billy Scott would be sent to rugby union because he was blacklisted from rugby league. Chalk and cheese and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
I'd rather just use my eyes and see what was infront of me. Scott had the crisper and more creative service and was more effective at his job than Mozer. Mozer over-cooked the play and despite making a point that his game had come a long way, he didn't show much of it tonight.

At least he didn't get sent off.

I'm not tearing up Mozer's contract, but let's call a spade a spade - that was a disappointing performance. These things happen - Lockyer for Australia, Hodges for Queensland - but like Haas it's how he responds. If he goes into his shell for whatever reason, I'm not exactly getting negotiations ready for beyond 2025.

I didn't think Te Kura played bad either, he had impact especially in the end of his first stint, but he did need to be more involved, hard to take too much into this game, looked like most of the QLD team were 2 years behind at the Gym, huge difference in the body composition of the edge players between the teams.

I didn't think Te Kura played bad either, he had impact especially in the end of his first stint, but he did need to be more involved, hard to take too much into this game, looked like most of QLD team were 2 years behind at the Gym.
He's got size, but he didn't seem to use it at all and his foot-work was all over the place in defence. It actually worked out OK in one instance because he slipped over and got a nothing penalty out of it, but in defence he was completely lost at sea and was allowing the Blues playmakers to have their way with him.

Ordinarily this would be water off a duck's back but the Broncos are all in on these juniors. It's virtually them or nothing and they were easily contained.

He's got size, but he didn't seem to use it at all and his foot-work was all over the place in defence. It actually worked out OK in one instance because he slipped over and got a nothing penalty out of it, but in defence he was completely lost at sea and was allowing the Blues playmakers to have their way with him.

Ordinarily this would be water off a duck's back but the Broncos are all in on these juniors. It's virtually them or nothing and they were easily contained.
Yeah but isn't this game of lower quality then what he plays most of his games in anyway?

Most of the players in this game don't even play in the 2nd tier so I don't exactly judge it to a high standard.

Yeah but isn't this game of lower quality then what he plays most of his games in anyway?

Most of the players in this game don't even play in the 2nd tier so I don't exactly judge it to a high standard.
It's a different challenge, he's coming up against better athletes and he's got to be a senior player in this environment. If he's getting exposed this badly against a few professional players, how badly is he going to get exposed by full-time professionals with years of experience?

It's a different challenge, he's coming up against better athletes and he's got to be a senior player in this environment. If he's getting exposed this badly against a few professional players, how badly is he going to get exposed by full-time professionals with years of experience?
What if he does the complete opposite?

The team chemistry in a team full of players who don't normally play with each other and no real leadership of the level of a pro team, it's haphazard to say the least and for big chunks of that game it looked that way with terrible completions.

He is a regular starter for the team leading the comp in Qcup at age 19, I don't see an issue.

What if he does the complete opposite?

The team chemistry in a team full of players who don't normally play with each other and no real leadership of the level of a pro team, it's haphazard to say the least and for big chunks of that game it looked that way with terrible completions.

He is a regular starter for the team leading the comp in Qcup at age 19, I don't see an issue.
That's not enough for him to rest his hat on.

I think you can easily look at his performance tonight and see where his issues are. It's not like this was a completely out of character performance, this is him at this stage.

That's not enough for him to rest his hat on.

I think you can easily look at his performance tonight and see where his issues are. It's not like this was a completely out of character performance, this is him at this stage.
I know you watch reserve grade so how could you be deluded enough to think the reason he didn’t dominate tonight had anything other than to do with the fact that his team was asshole. He had nothing to use to create a spark and when that happens you have picky ***** just nit picking every last play that doesn’t go his way because there is a very clear gap in the quality of players he is used to utilising. That’s what he is best at. Not running the ball like Harry Grant, not tackling endlessly like Jake Turpin, it’s utilising the players at his disposal. Frankly tonight there was **** all he could utilise.

So when you take all that away and your left with a bloke (yourself) hawkeye watching another bloke (Blake) who has **** all to use to his advantage you get left with a bloke (yourself) finding the smallest of issues that occur in every fucken 20 year olds game especially spine players.

I don’t think you are all that wrong in that there were areas he could have been better technically but he wasn’t by any means atrocious as you are suggesting and I think you’d have found those errors in a good performance but you just don’t have the usual constant highlight plays he usually has to help let you forget that. He is a classy player that has a skill set far more transitionable to be effective in the nrl in the short and long term more than anyone else on that field (by a fucken mile). These issues aren’t foreign to any 20 year old. It’s all about perspective. Ethan strange ran for 78 metres tonight but because he was incredible at finishing he is the story of the night.

Shit happens and tonight he had a shart he was the fart and the rest of the team had a shit and it left a stain on him. That’s the perfect analogy for what happened tonight.

P.S. I’m pretty chuffed with myself with that analogy.

I know you watch reserve grade so how could you be deluded enough to think the reason he didn’t dominate tonight had anything other than to do with the fact that his team was asshole. He had nothing to use to create a spark and when that happens you have picky ***** just nit picking every last play that doesn’t go his way because there is a very clear gap in the quality of players he is used to utilising. That’s what he is best at. Not running the ball like Harry Grant, not tackling endlessly like Jake Turpin, it’s utilising the players at his disposal. Frankly tonight there was **** all he could utilise.

So when you take all that away and your left with a bloke (yourself) hawkeye watching another bloke (Blake) who has **** all to use to his advantage you get left with a bloke (yourself) finding the smallest of issues that occur in every fucken 20 year olds game especially spine players.

I don’t think you are all that wrong in that there were areas he could have been better technically but he wasn’t by any means atrocious as you are suggesting and I think you’d have found those errors in a good performance but you just don’t have the usual constant highlight plays he usually has to help let you forget that. He is a classy player that has a skill set far more transitionable to be effective in the nrl in the short and long term more than anyone else on that field (by a fucken mile). These issues aren’t foreign to any 20 year old. It’s all about perspective. Ethan strange ran for 78 metres tonight but because he was incredible at finishing he is the story of the night.

Shit happens and tonight he had a shart he was the fart and the rest of the team had a shit and it left a stain on him. That’s the perfect analogy for what happened tonight.

This isn't some ordinary 19-year old. This is supposed to be the future of the club, somebody who has been heralded since he was 15. Against other NRL hopefuls, all I saw from him tonight was somebody trying to do an impression of dummy halves who came before him and failing tremendously, taking bad options and getting constantly run over in defence.

All three played poorly, two of them have been talked up like the club will be in good hands. This was a test for them tonight and they failed. Their inability to step up doesn't bode well, especially if we see them as future leaders.

This isn't some ordinary 19-year old. This is supposed to be the future of the club, somebody who has been heralded since he was 15. Against other NRL hopefuls, all I saw from him tonight was somebody trying to do an impression of dummy halves who came before him and failing tremendously, taking bad options and getting constantly run over in defence.

All three played poorly, two of them have been talked up like the club will be in good hands. This was a test for them tonight and they failed. Their inability to step up doesn't bode well, especially if we see them as future leaders.
Yep it seems every last thing I have written has gone over your head. Pleasure chatting with you good night.

He is a bloke who has a skill set that was far too classy for the morons he was playing with. Nobody was on the same tempo or same page as him at all. Show me a hooker on this planet with shithosue halves, a shithouse fullback, a forward pack that got severely beaten by its opposition, average outside backs, 65 missed tackles (from the team), 16 errors and a 62% completion rate. This is before taking into account the opposition is a million times classier and the play of the ball speed was so slow he could literally walk to each tackle. Simply crazy that you would expect anything from your hooker in a situation like that. It was always going to be a challenge for him but **** me Cameron Smith couldn’t have done much with the clown show that the QLD boys served up tonight.

Impossible to expect a hooker to be at the peak of there powers in a game like this with so many new combinations when they lack so much footy IQ, the spine is useless and the team completes like they are playing with a wet bar of soap.

Sure everyone would have loved this dominant display from Mozer but let’s not get carried away with the factors at stake here. Out of everyone on that field I’d still be taking Mozer by a mile. Mozer has had to develop his game quite intensely to the way q-cup is played to be effective it can be very hard to come back and play a schoolboy style of play he was required to do. I have zero concern about Mozer from that game. I am very worried about Leota (hasn’t had the same opportunities Mozer and Te Kura have had tbf) and Te Kura needed to be far more dominant than that to be close to a debut for the Bronx.

Honestly mate, what are you on about?

Mozer missed six tackles.

He had five of his Souths mates in the team- that won the premiership last year and Mozer had his club coach as coach, and he was captain- this hard luck story you keep making up is complete rubbish.

No hard luck story here.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.