Buderus to quit Knights

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
NEWCASTLE captain Danny Buderus has announced 2008 will be his last season with the Knights.
30-year-old Buderus has confirmed the rumours that have been circulating for some, when revealed that he will join up with English Super League side Leeds Rhinos that will see him finish his illustrious career in England.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

apparently the Leeds coach said that Buderus is the best hooker in Australia .... i think that is utter crap. I( think Cam Smith is the best hooker in Australia.

Couldn't agree more, Rocky. And Buderus' form has been sliding in the past two years. IMO, come September, any or all of these guys could be commonly rated ahead of him:

Isaac Luke (this guy is a superstar in the making)
Isaac De Gois
PJ Marsh
Mark Riddell (yes, I'm serious)

Why bother even taking into account what the British have to say anyway? They've been like this since Rugby League was established over there.

Well it is the Leeds CEO that's claiming this..

It's not as if he's going to say "we've signed the 2nd best hooker in the world".

ethos said:

It's not as if he's going to say "we've signed the 2nd best hooker in the world".

i don't even think is is the no 2 hooker

bfoord said:
ethos said:

Yeah but my point is he's not going to come out and say "oh we've signed someone crap".

ethos said:
bfoord said:
ethos said:

Yeah but my point is he's not going to come out and say "oh we've signed someone crap".

thats true

They could always say "We've signed the number one sook" and it's true!

Bedsy is still very good but yeah certainly not the best around...ranks fourth for me now behind Smith, Farah and Payne. Losing Johns hasn't helped they had a similar link to Joey and Matt Johns did and they complimented each other perfectly, now he is relied on a lot more and that takes its toll on anyone (especially someone who has played as much footy as Buderus has in the last 4 or 5 years) Sad to see him go because I don't think the Knights can afford to lose him yet especially with the young talent of Seu Seu being shown the door.

mick! said:
Couldn't agree more, Rocky. And Buderus' form has been sliding in the past two years. IMO, come September, any or all of these guys could be commonly rated ahead of him:

Isaac Luke (this guy is a superstar in the making)
Isaac De Gois
PJ Marsh
Mark Riddell (yes, I'm serious)

Aaron Payne too.

Buderus' best years have been behind him for a long time and I couldn't care less what he does to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d5Lkw1tKjo

[icon_razz1

Even when he was at his best - he was no good without Joey alongside him

I wonder what ole Danny boy thinks about Leeds' plan for using him in tandem with ole mate mcgee. Seeing as he fancies himself as an 80 minute player

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • thenry
  • Broncorob
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • mieko
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • BroncoFan94
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.