Bulldogs and Raiders - How are they handling the Barba and Milford affairs?

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
I feel that the Bulldogs have created a much better image of themselves while managing Barba than the Raiders have done managing Milford.

Canterbury's attitude has been "Ben, we don't want to let you go, but we respect your reasons for leaving and we begrudgingly honour your request".

Meanwhile, Canberra have pretty much said "Anthony, you want to go home to your sick father instead of playing for us? Well, you're a great player so... no!"

I think the Bulldogs have provided a great model for how to handle this sort of affair.

"Why do women get everything their own way? Just pay the child support" - bob dog

Haha what a great guy

Haha. So they think that we have coerced barba to leave in the anti-tampering period and want the nrl to act. When asked how could they prove it? Well they (as in the forum) will just vote of course and
send the results to the NRL... Concrete proof

you guys know that neither the Bulldogs nor Raiders would ever take advantage of players relocating for family reasons or wishing to activate a get out clause

you guys know that neither the Bulldogs nor Raiders would ever take advantage of players relocating for family reasons or wishing to activate a get out clause

Definitely not. Like with ferguson, when left the sharks and begged to join the raiders they kept saying "no you must complete your contract with the sharks" he just wouldn't leave and had no choice.

What happened with hasler and the dogs? He just finished his contract with manly right?

Seen a few Bulldogs fans cover themselves in glory on twitter. One said that he'd **** Barba's daughter when she became old enough. Another one said he hoped Ben would have a career ending injury.

The Kennel's take on it Brisbane Broncos to offer four-year deal for Canterbury Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba

Greenhouse The Greenhouse ? View topic - Ayoub says Milford will sit out 2014

That kennel thread is full of major LOLs, tin-foil hats and shit humans. Like they'd ever get Gillo for one. We chose to keep him over Te'o (correctly IMO) and he's contracted until the end of '16. And by then he'll probably be in the realm of 600-800k easy, which will be easily affordable for the club

As I understand it, there are two major Bulldogs fan forums, and The Kennel is the horrendous one.

Agree with the OP at this point in time but as neither player has got the official release there is still plenty of time for the Bulldogs to get a bit nasty and Raiders still have time to turn it around.

As for the fans the comments are to be expected. The Bulldogs are losing arguably their best player, the guy that the kids love to cheer for and the guy that puts backsides on seats. The Raiders are losing their best young prospect which is coinciding with a very poor run of results. Of course fan run sites are going to be full of terrible comments as each club in the NRL has terrible fans.

If we had any equivalent players to these 2 and there were rumours backed up by managers and the players themselves wanting to be released dont think for a second their wouldnt be some Bronco fans giving equal comments.

Agree with the OP at this point in time but as neither player has got the official release there is still plenty of time for the Bulldogs to get a bit nasty and Raiders still have time to turn it around.

As for the fans the comments are to be expected. The Bulldogs are losing arguably their best player, the guy that the kids love to cheer for and the guy that puts backsides on seats. The Raiders are losing their best young prospect which is coinciding with a very poor run of results. Of course fan run sites are going to be full of terrible comments as each club in the NRL has terrible fans.

If we had any equivalent players to these 2 and there were rumours backed up by managers and the players themselves wanting to be released dont think for a second their wouldnt be some Bronco fans giving equal comments.

I'm actually pretty confident that no one would be making death threats or posting on photos of their kids saying "can't wait to **** her"

So no, I can't agree with you there, sorry.

The raiders very much have a chance to turn it around. It makes sense to not release him till after the season unless his father is an immediate threat of dying. The push for an earlier release I believe is more of a ploy to beat barbs to us and hope for more money.

Bulldogs fans are extremists........

I'm actually pretty confident that no one would be making death threats or posting on photos of their kids saying "can't wait to **** her"

So no, I can't agree with you there, sorry.

Thats fine, like i said we dont have a situation to compare it to so neither of us can prove it.

There are plenty of dead beats supporting the broncos with access to the internet, the comments would surface.

And there is a major problem with rugby league, no fan of any sport should just 'expect' the comments coming from the fans and even worse is it appears you are defending them and giving reason for it to be ok. It's not ok, no fan should be threatening a players family as some have done or making such crude comments about someone's daughter.

And there is a major problem with rugby league, no fan of any sport should just 'expect' the comments coming from the fans and even worse is it appears you are defending them and giving reason for it to be ok. It's not ok, no fan should be threatening a players family as some have done or making such crude comments about someone's daughter.

Jesus, i'm not defending them, i'm just saying i'm not surprised by them. You cant stop these comments, welcome to the internet.

Totally get what you are saying, but rolling over isn't the answer either.

Cool, maybe i underestimate the issue.

I can see a few BHQ'ers are more passionate about it so i will bow out of this topic.

Realistically, laws need to be changed or implemented to reflect the world we live in. There are some ridiculous laws from the 19th century that are still in place but will never be used simply because the world has evolved at such an incredible rate . Much of this is a Government Policy issue which is well beyond the scope of this forum. This, however, does not absolve a community from immoral behaviour or ignorance of the affects.

Bugger. Ooops - there's a law against that

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.