Bulls 2014/2015

If you don't want to talk about the Bulls then don't. The naming of a side for Monday and discussion about the side is relevant.

I want to talk about the Bulls, that's why I come into the Bulls 2014/2015 thread. I don't see why constantly putting the boot in and making a point you have made over and over has anything to do with discussion the upcoming match

I want to talk about the Bulls, that's why I come into the Bulls 2014/2015 thread. I don't see why constantly putting the boot in and making a point you have made over and over has anything to do with discussion the upcoming match

You honestly don't see how discussing a player being dropped who has played 39 games and taken 135 wickets at 26 for Qld and never been dropped before as well as being 12th man in a Test is relevant to the game starting Monday?

What's more relevant to an upcoming game then the named team?

Really hoping Joe Burns can score some big runs in this match. Lynn backing up his big ton with another one would also be good.

Tasmania is hard to bat on. Although I think it's has improved from a few years ago where it was nearly impossible, a game where everyone bar Khawaja couldn't even hit it off the pitch stands out.

Burns averages 32 at Bellerive and Lynn 35. No 100's there between the two of them.

You honestly don't see how discussing a player being dropped who has played 39 games and taken 135 wickets at 26 for Qld and never been dropped before as well as being 12th man in a Test is relevant to the game starting Monday?

What's more relevant to an upcoming game then the named team?

I'm sick of the semantics stuff with you, so this is the last time I will reply. It has already been said that Cutting was one of the guys that 'got rid of' Law and we already know you don't agree with the decision.

We can all discuss the team named for the upcoming match and Ben Cutting being dropped without bringing the dumping of Law and his involved back into it.

You know that is what I was referring to.

In any case it's hardly a surprise Cutting has been dropped with his figures, he has fallen a long way in a years time. It seems to bowl way too much short stuff.

I'm sick of the semantics stuff with you, so this is the last time I will reply. It has already been said that Cutting was one of the guys that 'got rid of' Law and we already know you don't agree with the decision.

We can all discuss the team named for the upcoming match and Ben Cutting being dropped without bringing the dumping of Law and his involved back into it.

You know that is what I was referring to.

In any case it's hardly a surprise Cutting has been dropped with his figures, he has fallen a long way in a years time. It seems to bowl way too much short stuff.

I never mentioned Law, I just hypothesised a possible reason his form has dropped away so much, which given Cutting's poor form and his role in the last few weeks I would suggest is a perfectfully legitmate question to ask if he has been too worried about other people.

My initial statement just said he was dropped, others suggested options such as poor form as well. No different to what I did.

Bulls bowling first and Tas 2/19

Hopes has Doolan and the big one of Cowan.

Tas 4/73 at lunch.

Hopes 2
Boyce 1
George 1

The Bulls are 2/135 Burns was out for 68. He threw away a good chance at a big 100 unfortunately.

Hopefully Lynn can back up. If he can get another ton or two he'd surely put himself in the frame, especially as it'd mean he'd be averaging over 50. Plus there is surely only so long that we can carry Shane Watson, right?

A four-wicket haul by James Hopes has helped the my Foot Dr Queensland Bulls rip through Tasmania for 149 to take control of their Sheffield Shield clash.
At stumps on day one the Bulls were 2-135 in reply with a half century from Joe Burns (68) leaving the visitors well-positioned at Bellerive Oval.
A revised batting line-up designed to inject some stability for Tasmania was put to the test as Queensland won the toss and chose to bowl first.
With the usually reliable Ed Cowan (0) the first to fall in the third over, things looked grim early for the hosts.
He edged a Hopes (4-24) delivery to first slip to be caught out.
Just six overs later the home side were 2-13 when Hopes struck again, with Tassie skipper Alex Doolan (0) caught behind, also for a duck.
It was a fine comeback for Hopes who returned to the Bulls side from a rib complaint that became troublesome during the recent Big Bash League.
He showed no signs of discomfort as he led the bowling charge on Monday and after the lunch break dismissed Tim Paine (10) lbw and Luke Butterworth (0) in successive balls.
Ben Dunk (71) was the lone performer for Tasmania, firing four sixes and four boundaries in an innings cut short by spinner Cameron Boyce (2-7).
On a first-class debut, Queensland’s Mark Steketee (3-56) earned his pay cheque.
The right-handed paceman claimed the scalps of Ben Hilfenhaus (1), Sam Rainbird (3) and Jackson Bird (0).
Queensland started their innings steadily but found some rhythm after the tea break.
Burns notched up his 50 with a boundary off 92 balls but was caught behind two overs later off a Rainbird (1-38) delivery.
His replacement Peter Forrest (1) faced only five balls before being trapped lbw by Bird (1-37).
Charlie Hemphery (47 not out) and Chris Lynn (5 no) will resume for Queensland on Tuesday.

Those two wickets late are the disappointment of the day.

My point more is why not give a young Aussie a go? Pierson would be good enough as a pure bat in my opinion.

I was being funny.

He's a permanent resident last year and scored 140 for the twos. He's played club cricket here for Toombul and Redlands for a while. Pierson might be good enough as batsman is he as a fielder?

Same as Labuschagne, born in South Africa, QAS, Club cricket, Qld Under 17's and 19's now Bulls.Same as Labuschagne, born in South Africa, QAS, Club cricket, Qld Under 17's and 19's now Bulls.

Bulls 6/178

Rain delays and now it is moving around.

Active Now

• marw
  • Porthoz
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.