Caleb Timu

U

unnerv1ng

NYC Player
Mar 19, 2014
Anybody have any information or thoughts on this bloke? He's back next year.. Any ideas if he is coming back to league??

Heard some time ago that he was planing on playing Union when he came back.. can't remember if it was a news article or something.

Hopefully he comes back to us, he showed a lot of great signs coming through the ranks. He will probably be behind fowards like Molo and Ofahengaue...he has missed a crucial period in his development. You just have to look at Hoppa to see what the Mormon Mission can do to a players career. Hopoate has been nowhere close to his best ever since he left.

He did pop into my head the other night at the Manly game when I caught some of the 20's. I was like 'hey. where is that Caleb Timu fella? Surely he's close to finishing his mission."

I wonder if we all thought about him at the same time. Weird.

He was looking ordinary the season before he left, definitely not the same player from the season previous

I think Lagi Setu is a pretty good example of what happens to a forward who takes 2 years off. Cant get a start in first grade.

Joe Ofehengaue
Francis Molo
Religion
Caleb Timu

I'd definitely be trying to lure him back to the Broncos. I think he was our most promising prop coming through the ranks. He is exactly what we needed/still need. He's a big, strong kid, bigger than all our current forwards anyway. He's still young, so he can still become a quality first grader if he decides to come back to the NRL. I guess the thing that could work in our favour if we do look to sign him, is that he is a bit of unknown to the rest to the rugby league world, so not many other clubs would be lining up for his signature.

Caleb played a fair bit of middle in 2013 IIRC.

Wasn't anywhere near as effective as he was on the fringes.

Would go as far to say that his 2012 was the best of any Broncos backrow and right up there period but the differences in class between him and Oates were apparent right from the start.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Swordfish
  • Shane Tronc
  • Inside pass
  • Fozz
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Maroon4life
  • simplythebest
  • bb_gun
  • mitch222
  • Battler
  • Allo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.