Cam Smith & Melbourne's Wrestling/Grappling.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
He may be in the poo big time this week.

That appalling piece of work he tried to do with Thaiday's head could rub him out for two weeks - even if he took an early plea - according to Voss during the post game show. He's a repeat offender and will have a stack of points even if given a minor grading.

Thoughts? Do you think he should or will get rubbed out (emotional bias from tonight aside)?

What are people's general opinion of the Storm's tactics as they are at present, especially after what we saw tonight?

Tonight was the final straw for me.

They are an absolute disgrace to the game.

Smith has 93 carryover points apparently, so if he manages to get away with that well i'd be lost for words.

Smith has been becoming one of my most hated players in the game over the last month. I seriously hope he does get suspended.

He is a grub. Never liked him.

IMO he will get 2 weeks.

All up, he could have 280 points, that with the loading & 50% for prior offence.

Desperately trying not to be biased (a bit hard after tonight) but I really think the Storm manipulate players' bodies with more skill, and more often, than any other team in the game. I counted about 5 dodgy tackles tonight in the first 20 odd minutes, most involving Smith and Crocker. Those two guys are scum of the highest order.

You really have to wonder what needs to happen before the NRL get serious [icon_shru

schmix said:
You really have to wonder what needs to happen before the NRL get serious

A player ending up in a wheelchair.

I can see that happening.

Gooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee, he even had the audacity at one stage to say to Hayne when he had ruled no try, good call that's why you are the number one ref in the game and not Archer

He should be gone if they are consistent but who knows.
The chicken wing on Sammy was just as bad. The player should have been sent off for doing it.(who it was escapes me)
Had we had the consistency of last weeks ref a majority of Storm players would have been gone early. Hayne lost control of that game by not cracking down on it earlier.
I felt TC copped more than any other player re the grapple and head highs. He, being TC didnt whinge so the ref did nothing.

I think he will get 2 weeks and the Storm will be gone. The only defence they could throw at it is Jeremy Smiths chicken wing actually contributed.

C Smith didn't grapple to start with only when J Smith pulled Thaiday sideways and backwards his hand slid up but at that point he should have released but chose to go on with it.
There doesn't look like any way out as the minimum charge is 125 points plus 50 % loading less early plea of 25% plus 93 carryover points = 233 points. Thats 2 weeks.

They may try and argue for a careless high tackle charge which would still result in 1 week.

Great team man Smith has just said on Fox that he will probably be fine. No intent plus there was other players involved in that tackle as well. Hang it on your mates Smith. You dog.

I don't think he will plead guilty to a grapple, but maybe get the charged changed to a careless high tackle.

I want to see some photos of this. Where are these News Ltd photographs? Jeremy Smith should be in trouble as well. But he won't.

The Rock said:
Sour grapes? Maybe, but go and try and deny that they're not the dirtiest team in the comp. Make yourself look like a fool, see if we care. [icon_wink

Im not saying they arent dirty, but to me, none of them stoop to the same level as ennis. Its ironic that in one thread u defend ennis, and in another u criticize smith? Yeah smith is a dirty grub at times, but to me he doesnt do the one thing that ennis does constantly, lie down for a penalty, that is the weakest part of anyones game.

QUEENSLANDER said:
The Rock said:
Sour grapes? Maybe, but go and try and deny that they're not the dirtiest team in the comp. Make yourself look like a fool, see if we care. [icon_wink

Im not saying they arent dirty, but to me, none of them stoop to the same level as ennis. Its ironic that in one thread u defend ennis, and in another u criticize smith? Yeah smith is a dirty grub at times, but to me he doesnt do the one thing that ennis does constantly, lie down for a penalty, that is the weakest part of anyones game.

Risking permanent damage to another being, or lieing down to get a penalty?

I'd rather my team do the second one.

Yeah can't see Ennis inflicting injury with his dives etc. It's more of a cat act than a dirty grapple kind of act.

if Smith isn't charged then you might as well scrap the grapple tackle rule because it will be useless and no one will ever be charged again

Smith should be charged and suspended. We don't need that crap in our game! Melbourne are a bunch of dirty cheating scumbags.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.