Cam Smith & Melbourne's Wrestling/Grappling.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Better copy this quote before it is changed and the link doesn't work. What a mssive stuffup, obviously had 2 stories ready to go and put up the wrong one [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Dean Ritchie looks more of a goose than normal icon_thumbs_u

NRL judiciary clears Melbourne Storm's Cameron Smith to play
By Dean Ritchie | September 24, 2008 12:00am

MELBOURNE Storm captain Cameron Smith has miraculously escaped suspension at an NRL judiciary hearing tonight.
The decision has given Melbourne a massive boost in the club's bid for successive premierships.
Smith fronted the judiciary charged with a grapple tackle on Brisbane forward Sam Thaiday last weekend.

The Storm skipper pleaded not guilty.

Smith will now play in Friday night's grand final qualifier against Cronulla at the SFS.

He would also be available for the grand final, should Melbourne progress by beating the Sharks.

It's a joke. The NRL are now trying to crack down on something that has been going on for how long
I agree with what is going around the traps. Get Sydney teams in at all costs.

Don't agree at all with Cams tackle but then again why wasn't he sent off at the time?
Why do they wait to take a great player out of a team to miss the final and maybe the Grand Final?
They should have taken many other players out long ago and given them a stint on the sideline but they didn't.
Just watching NRL on Fox and many of those taken to the judiciary with even worse than Smiths got off.

Disgrace at this time of year imo.

Hammo said:
last|soldier said:
I guess I'm uneducated.

I doubt you're uneducated, just misguided.

You hate a facet of the game, but you shouldn't hate the players that are manipulating the facet. You should be petitioning the NRL to outlaw it. After all, it is them you hate, they are the ones allowing it to continue.

I hate Head high tackles. Like the ones Crocker has been allowed to get away with against Kemp. I don't even think he has been charged!?

It is outlawed Hammo. Its called contrary conduct. [icon_wink

I think the judiciary process needs some changes. They have different ppl sitting all the time so how can you get consistency with decisions for one and players cannot show previous incidents that have not been charged to draw a comparison.

What was interesting was they didn't name the panel until tonight.

Took them 17 mins to find him guilty, enough time for them to have a cuppa.

bianc

Smith had 2 goes at the grapple.

Yes they should have cracked down on them earlier, but better late than never.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Suffer in ya Jocks!

Kaz said:
bianc

Smith had 2 goes at the grapple.

Yes they should have cracked down on them earlier, but better late than never.

Yep like finals week [icon_non

Woot. Eat a dick Smithy

God I hope the Storm lose this weekend

The Storm losing won't make me feel any better :(

OK maybe a little...

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Suck it you cheating ****

Smith has been officially ruled out for two weeks now, found guilty.

I'm biased but I liked this brief article:

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/only-fans-can-flip-the-bottletop/2008/09/24/1222217332594.html

Andrew Webster from smh.com.au said:
When the Broncos had the defending premiers on their knees on Saturday night, and the end of their title defence was imminent, they were frustrated and flustered into reverting to what they know best. Storm boss Brian Waldron reckons such notions are a "northern media conspiracy" - for a change, he had nothing to say after the hearing - and even yesterday big Storm prop Antonio Kaufusi was insisting his side did nothing wrong.

"We don't do wrestling drills," he said. As one NRL coach remarked upon reading the quotes: "And that's an outright lie."

Of course it's a lie, every club has wrestling coaches. Not every club does what Smithy did but!

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Midean
  • Stix
  • Painin the Haas
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.