Cap issues or not?

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Ok we have all heard the we have cap issues stories floating around. I'm starting to think that is BS and Cullen is cleaning house with Henjak coming in.

Would we have signed Folau knowing it'd serious screw us with the salary cap? I doubt it.

Then there is this

Broncos close in on Ben

It wasn't all doom and gloom following the Broncos' 34-16 loss to Canberra yesterday. Expect them to snap up boom Tigers back-rower Ben Te'o very soon. South Sydney will be furious because he was atop their shopping list.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/honeym ... 40075.html

Would we be getting Te'o if we had cap issues, again I doubt it.

The media always seem to say the Broncos are in serious salary cap dramas. i usually take it with a grain of salt these days.

every incoming coach gets a say on the resignings and new signings. Henjak would be no different

nopatience101 said:
yes but hannant was offered 250k......

maybe they didn't think hewas worth anymore. i certainly don't think he is worth anywhere near the 350K the Bulldogs offered him.

the same with Kemp. i don't think he is worth the 250K the Warriors offered him

bfoord said:
nopatience101 said:
yes but hannant was offered 250k......

maybe they didn't think hewas worth anymore. i certainly don't think he is worth anywhere near the 350K the Bulldogs offered him.

I agree, Hannant and Kemp aren't worth what they will be getting next year. Good luck to them and good for them they got it, but far from their worth.

Hannant is a young prop who hasn't been around long enough or proven enough to get 350k.

bfoord said:

Oh them's fighting words - Tee's gunna fire up!!!

HE SOOOOOOOO IS....YOU LEAVE DENAN ALONE.

hes my friend hehehehehehe

Aeetee said:

Sucks!!!! When i heard my source inside the club was leaving I thought it's OK Tee's got Denan for inside goss, now he's gone as well!!!!! Oh well, I still got a few [icon_razz1

Jebadude said:
Aeetee said:

Sucks!!!! When i heard my source inside the club was leaving I thought it's OK Tee's got Denan for inside goss, now he's gone as well!!!!!

Yeah except Denan signed with the Warriors BEFORE he became Tee's new bestie [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

And to set the record straight, the Broncos didn't even bother offering Hannant a contract. He'd already got the Bulldogs offer, came to the Broncos and said "match it and I stay". They said "can we help you pack?".

Coxy said:
And to set the record straight, the Broncos didn't even bother offering Hannant a contract. He'd already got the Bulldogs offer, came to the Broncos and said "match it and I stay". They said "can we help you pack?".

Hence the reason why the Broncos have said Hannant and Ennis are greedy.. Hannant will never be in Webckes league and I highly doubt he ever got paid much over 350k even after playing for Australia

You are always worth exactly what someone will pay for you

Flutterby said:
You are always worth exactly what someone will pay for you

Well that is true but only because the Bulldogs are a crap club with a poor history with off field incidents and not many players would want to go there.

The broncos have enjoyed a kinship brought on by younger players wanting to play with the worlds best players that WB recruited... any young player in the land would kill to play with the likes of locky, hodges and hunt, just they did with alfie and gordo and co; and I suggest they will do likewise when falou is top of the pile. Therefor money is less of an issue.

Beads6 said:
Coxy said:

Hence the reason why the Broncos have said Hannant and Ennis are greedy.. Hannant will never be in Webckes league and I highly doubt he ever got paid much over 350k even after playing for Australia
Hannant had the potential to be in Webcke's league, but now he won't be cos he's shown his colours. I would've respected him if he followed WB, but not now. [icon_non

Frank the Tank said:
dont see how we could be having cap issues over the last few years or currently, seeing as we've lost so many big name players and players who would have been being payed far more than theyre worth because of playing origin and being constantly in the first grade team, and we havent exactly splurged in buying players. wallace etc wouldve come here cheap as chips, same as marsh etc. carroll is a direct swap for folau, and now we wont have ennis, hannant, and supposedly a host of others, so we should be in excess.
Unless they are paying Hodges and Hunt too much on their upgrades?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.