Cap issues or not?

Jeza23 said:
Corey would have taken a fair chunk in his upgrade too!
Yep....so it's anybodies guess really.

I'm sure if the Broncos were paying hunt $5 a win and $3 a loss Frank would think it was too much.

mrslong said:
Beads6 said:
Coxy said:
And to set the record straight, the Broncos didn't even bother offering Hannant a contract. He'd already got the Bulldogs offer, came to the Broncos and said "match it and I stay". They said "can we help you pack?".

Hence the reason why the Broncos have said Hannant and Ennis are greedy.. Hannant will never be in Webckes league and I highly doubt he ever got paid much over 350k even after playing for Australia
Hannant had the potential to be in Webcke's league, but now he won't be cos he's shown his colours. I would've respected him if he followed WB, but not now. [icon_non

What, you won't respect him because he is looking out for his family? Because he is trying to set himself in good stead for the future? He will only have another 7-8 years MAX left in his footballing life, so he should try and make the most of it while he can, ppl saying they don't respect players and all taht bullshit because they go where the money is have no idea. If I got offered a lot more at another job i wouldn't think twice about moving and leaving my current employers!

Je$ter said:
mrslong said:
Beads6 said:
Coxy said:
And to set the record straight, the Broncos didn't even bother offering Hannant a contract. He'd already got the Bulldogs offer, came to the Broncos and said "match it and I stay". They said "can we help you pack?".

Hence the reason why the Broncos have said Hannant and Ennis are greedy.. Hannant will never be in Webckes league and I highly doubt he ever got paid much over 350k even after playing for Australia
Hannant had the potential to be in Webcke's league, but now he won't be cos he's shown his colours. I would've respected him if he followed WB, but not now. [icon_non

What, you won't respect him because he is looking out for his family? Because he is trying to set himself in good stead for the future? He will only have another 7-8 years MAX left in his footballing life, so he should try and make the most of it while he can, ppl saying they don't respect players and all taht bullshit because they go where the money is have no idea. If I got offered a lot more at another job i wouldn't think twice about moving and leaving my current employers!
Yep.

Agreed, as Cullen said. He still hasn't played one full season of NRL football. The fact that he has played origin really shouldn't command that much of an increase. 250k would have been a more than fair contract for him.

Je$ter said:
If I got offered a lot more at another job i wouldn't think twice about moving and leaving my current employers!

I mostly agree - I wouldn't blatantly go just for the money if it was a company that I really hated, but pretty much yeah, if someone else gave me double money for doing the same job, it's pretty much a given I'd go.

Frank the Tank said:
id go so far as to say even $150 is being generous. 250k is the type of money that forwards like Dallas Johnson, Nate Myles, etc should be getting even with their wealth of origin experience.

I reckon hannat is work 200-220 k MAX, no way is he worth 350.

I don't see why my post was deleted, so I'm re-posting this post ;)

Hannant showed a lot of promise last year, but this year he seemed to have become kinda lazier and what not. I dunno if it's because he signed with the Dogs and now he just doesn't care, or if he doesn't have someone like Civo guiding him....but it's been pretty dissapointing.

I agree Hannant has been a bit off this year, he certainly hasn't been as good as he was last year. We must have some spare money now we misssed out on Hannant and Ennis hopefully we can get a prop and a hooker/utility

Just saw on Leagueunlimited.com that Ben Teo will be in Brissy next season! I guess we will waitr and see.

Beads6 said:
Just saw on Leagueunlimited.com that Ben Teo will be in Brissy next season! I guess we will waitr and see.

Yeah definitely wait and see, it was posted in the rumours section after all..

People seem to post anything in that thread.

Frank the Tank said:
i have no doubt theyre paying hunt far too much

of course you don't.....

Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around. Round, round, round, I go around.

mal said:
haha Hammo, i like it.

I love it too - and when the merry-go-round stops, I'll send Hammo my bank details. [icon_razz1

broncospwn said:
Frank the Tank said:
id go so far as to say even $150 is being generous. 250k is the type of money that forwards like Dallas Johnson, Nate Myles, etc should be getting even with their wealth of origin experience.

I reckon hannat is work 200-220 k MAX, no way is he worth 350.

I don't see why my post was deleted, so I'm re-posting this post ;)

I reckon the reason Hannat has secured such a good contract is that there is a lack of quality front rowers in the NRL at the moment. Look at Origin - the 2 best forwards on the field were well into their 30's and gave the young blokes a lesson. Each NRL team probably has 5-6 props in their top 25 players and really probably the only quality, pure front rowers going around are:

Price
Petero
Bailey
Ryles
Kite
Cayless
Asotasi

With the up and comers being:

Hannant
Poore
Luke Douglas

That is 10 I can think of who are/will be top class out of the 80/90 spots that clubs are looking to fill with front row talent. I know there are a few blokes out injured at the moment and there are plenty of blokes who can fill a spot in the front row but when you play back rowers as props in big games you get found out pretty quickly.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Manifesto
  • BroncosAlways
  • simplythebest
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • lynx000
  • Gaz
  • peter09
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.