Channel 9 and Hodges

Nine commentators will do that almost on a weekly basis, for players in any position. Vautin was the absolute worst at it.

king_johns said:
Personally i believe that gasnier really is the best centre in the game. Criticize me all you want but i think gasnier is an overall better player then hodges.

I don't. Given relative strengths and weakness, I rate them about equal - probably the best 2 centres going around.

Emma said:
mrslong said:
Actually didn't Gus say in yesterday's Manly match that Lyon is the best centre going around too? :roll:
Yep, after saying he wasn't a great ball player, nor a great play maker, and various other things he couldn't do, he pretty much did say that! I was left wondering what exactly Lyon was good at. eusa_think
Well he did get an individiual try where nothing was going...never mind that it was against a winger/centre combination that are currently running last in the competition, that should be enough to stamp yourself the best centre in the world. :roll:

Gasnier and Hodges are the best centres, no doubt about it. They have different strengths - Hodges can fend and flick a player away with pure strength and speed, whereas Gasnier can shake the ball around up and down and leave the defence thinking "WTF".

i personally think Pomeroy outplayed Gasnier. Stood him up so easily and made him look like a fool.

i dont rate gas near the top 3-4 personally.

rnabokov said:
king_johns said:
Personally i believe that gasnier really is the best centre in the game. Criticize me all you want but i think gasnier is an overall better player then hodges.

I don't. Given relative strengths and weakness, I rate them about equal - probably the best 2 centres going around.

Niether do I, have you seen Gasnier tackle, its like Chris Walker's defence. Hodges is a better defender, so I rate Hodges better.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Astro
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • Maddy
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • Santa
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.