Channel 9 and Hodges

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Can someone explain to me what else Hodges has to do for the Channel 9 team to recognise him as the game's best centre? Last night Andrew Johns said merely that he's in the best form of his career. Gould said last week that he's the best defensive centre in the game. Hodges has been close to the best centre in the NRL since he came back to the Broncos and certainly has been since 2006. Gasnier just needs to do one or two good things every month and these guys wet themselves and squeal like school girls. Turns my stomach.

Come on 9, take the red and white glasses off and recognise.

Channel 9 rate Gasnier higher because they can stick there little Knobs in Gasniers A$$chin. They are kidding it has more to do with where he comes from IMO. If Hodges played for NSW he would be the best player in the comp...

Gasnier just needs to do one or two good things every month and these guys wet themselves and squeal like school girls.

Sounds alot like the oft given praise to reformed crackhead Joseph Johns. Moaning grunts from the commentary box at EA Stadium were common place after a cut-out pass from "Andrew" inside his own half.

Nine have always had their favourites. Billy Peden was another world-beater if I recall correctly.

its got more to do with him being on their books id say, same with mason, sbw, benji etc...........

/
Beads6 said:
Channel 9 rate Gasnier higher because they can stick there little Knobs in Gasniers A$$chin. They are kidding it has more to do with where he comes from IMO. If Hodges played for NSW he would be the best player in the comp...
The NSW commentators are always biast towards the NSW players. Justin Hodges is far better than Gasnier icon_smile , they know it, but it's just that Gasniers from NSW, that would be why they are saying that Gasniers better

Just going to tug on Frank's signature bait here.

You're an idiot, laughing at someone getting knocked out is as pathetic as it comes mate.

Hodges is the best centre in the game, I don't care what 9 says, they are a bunch of cockheads anyway

Frank the Tank said:
As great as Hodges is, and IFO hes better than Gasnier, he does tend to go MIA a fair bit especially if the Broncos are losing.
lol.

Frank doesn't watch too many Broncos games.

Frank is catching a few fishes, with the bait he is using.

Here Fishy, Fishy.

About the same BS as them happily calling Locky the best player in the game until Joey returned from injury, where they then painfully were forced to describe Locky as the second best player in the game.

Personally i believe that gasnier really is the best centre in the game. Criticize me all you want but i think gasnier is an overall better player then hodges.

Gaz is a better player when is on top of his game. Sadly those times are few and far between, haven't seen him anywhere near his best since 2006.

Hodges does have bad games now and then but he is far far far far more consistent than Gasiner. That is why Hodges is better overall.

I think Hodges has been showing week in week out he is the better centre. As someone else alluded to, Gas is probably better on his best day but it doesn't happen often enough. Also I think he is more prone to bad reads in defense than Hodgo is.

Stu Kelly would run rings around Gaz at present.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Stu Kelly would run rings around Gaz at present.

Stu Kelly couldn't run rings around Artie Beetson now let alone the Gaz, but I get your point he is going shite.

Yeah on second read Stu Kelly was a bit of an exaggerated example, lol.

Gaz couldn't run rings around Ty Williams...... eusa_think

Actually didn't Gus say in yesterday's Manly match that Lyon is the best centre going around too? :roll:

mrslong said:
Actually didn't Gus say in yesterday's Manly match that Lyon is the best centre going around too? :roll:
Yep, after saying he wasn't a great ball player, nor a great play maker, and various other things he couldn't do, he pretty much did say that! I was left wondering what exactly Lyon was good at. eusa_think

Active Now

• Browny
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Bronco bob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.