Channel 9 commentary team...what I think

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Vossy and Sterlo calling would be perfect.

I love Freddy's unfiltered passion for the game, he just blurts out whatever he's thinking haha.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Voss and Sterlo for the win!
Rabs is still the best choice of the rest, even with his mix-ups, while Gould and Johns knowledge can be good to listen to, as long as they don't go off in tangents.
It's too soon to judge Locky, although he seems to lack vocabulary. This goes for Freddy as well, but he can be entertaining...
Wally is one dimensional and doesn't dictate terms to anyone in sports calling.
Rest Fatty and Hadley, and I hate both of them with a passion, the first probably has more to do with the footy show than anything else, but I find him to be a smug prick with a crappy sense of humor, while the latter makes my ears bleed.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I don't mind most of the channel 9 team, but Hadley annoys me how he always attempts to use smarter words for things, when it adds nothing to the commentary in the context of the game, other than maybe trying to prove he's superior that others. Eg, instead of just using a term like "ground", he'll use something like "terraferma".

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I don't mind most of the channel 9 team, but Hadley annoys me how he always attempts to use smarter words for things, when it adds nothing to the commentary in the context of the game, other than maybe trying to prove he's superior that others. Eg, instead of just using a term like "ground", he'll use something like "terraferma".

True, like "Centre three-quarter". Just say centre buddy.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
When I first heard Hadley say centre three quarter I had to research what it meant. In all my years of watching Rugby League I had never heard or seen that term before.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
The Channel 9 team is an old boys club that is 10 years past its used by date.

How Hadley, Ray Warren and co orchestrated the removal of Andrew Voss from the commentary team for making a comical remark about Ray Warren's statue was disgraceful. But more fool them. Channel 9 has nothing in the way of a succession plan once they played egos at dawn and dropped Voss.

Are they seriously going to put Hadley up as number one caller for Origin, Grand Finals and the like when Ray Warren dies?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't think Rabs had anything to do with Voss's axing. I thought he dismissed Hadley's hysteria as just that.

It was Gyngell & Hadley who were the architects of Voss' demise.

Mind you, Voss scored his own little victory against Hadley in court.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
When they score a try it's like he's finishing a really long unexcited, sentence that never seems to end.

Hadley: "Prince passes it to Hodges who scores a try worth 4 points, entitling the Broncos to a conversion attempt, which, if successful will put the Broncos 6 points in front, but if it is unsuccessful, meaning it passes outside the posts, it will be worth nothing but either way Manly will collect the ball from the side line from the ball boys for a restart of play in the centre of the field by way of a place kick to the Broncos who shall receive the ball for 6 further tackles to attempt to score another try"

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
When they score a try it's like he's finishing a really long unexcited, sentence that never seems to end.

Hadley: "Prince passes it to Hodges who scores a try worth 4 points, entitling the Broncos to a conversion attempt, which, if successful will put the Broncos 6 points in front, but if it is unsuccessful, meaning it passes outside the posts, it will be worth nothing but either way Manly will collect the ball from the side line from the ball boys for a restart of play in the centre of the field by way of a place kick to the Broncos who shall receive the ball for 6 further tackles to attempt to score another try"
****, that made me dizzy! :scared:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Gutted that Vossy isn't even commentating Queensland cup. **** you channel 9

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Now I need some panadol

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

Just another moronic decision by Nein to screw over the fans.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

That's a disappointment. He was brilliant doing that, you could tell he actually did some research before games on the teams and young guys with nrl contracts and stuff like that. Ikin was also good in the Q-Cup but vossy really steered that shit… or ice cream van ;)

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Who is going to call the QLD cup this year?, I really enjoy a fix of it now and then.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I assume Ikin will still be calling it. I didn't mind him last year, believe you me, he was anywhere near as bad as he was early in his career.

Hitman

Hitman

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I fucking hate Hadley.

I know ch9 pisses a lot of people off and they don't care. When I say they, I mean you David Gyngell you prick!!! Hope to hell something happens to their NRL contract and they lose the rights before the 5 years are up. In the meantime just BRING BACK VOSSY.

Active Now

• RodF
  • johnny plath
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.