Channel Nine

That's what I was wondering Scotty. I can still recall a broncos game a couple of years back when he confused Civoniceva with someone who I can't quite remember, but it was someone whose skin colour was considerably different to Petero's! He stuffed something up on Friday night within 3 minutes, he does it numerous times each and every time he commentates. I think he's absolutely hopeless.

Vossy is an awesome commentator IMO - easily the best of all on television.

Plenty of bad ones out there, but Laurie Spina when commentating for ABC Grandstand absolutely takes the cake. The poor bastard literally can't string a coherant sentence of four words or more together!

Emma said:
That's what I was wondering Scotty. I can still recall a broncos game a couple of years back when he confused Civoniceva with someone who I can't quite remember, but it was someone whose skin colour was considerably different to Petero's! He stuffed something up on Friday night within 3 minutes, he does it numerous times each and every time he commentates. I think he's absolutely hopeless.

So he got someones name wrong that doesnt make him a bad commentator!! He makes any game exciting, the way he commentates is brilliant!! It doesnt really bother me if he gets someones name wrong, I just love they way he calls the game, its so good!!

Rabs is awesome and the heart of channel nine commentary!!

Who would you say is better??

Its an unenviable job. Commenting on the obvious and trying to make it exciting would be hard but why do they need 3 or 4 ppl? The only one I can't cop is Daley, he just waffles most of the time, Gus is a tosser sometimes but when it gets too much I just reach for the mute button.

There is only 1 commentator worth mentioning on any team at the moment.

Peter Sterling. The rest are just a waste of noise.

And Benny Ikin......Benedict Arnold

Andrew Voss' voice gets on my nerves, listening to him for 80 minutes is painful. Much rather listen to Ray warren

Can agree. Would rather Voss's brain in Warren's head.

Voss makes a lot of mistakes with players names.

I actually like it when Gus & Rabs call games - as long as the Broncos aren't playing.

I always like Gus in commentary actually. He's great on TripleM for Monday night footy actually.

I like his interplay with Vossy in the nine commentary too.

I'm sorry, I'm just completely and utterly sick of Rabs. He should retire already.

I remember a Broncos match a few years back Rabs got Tate, Carlaw, Stagg and McGuire all mixed up and would never get any one of them right or wouldn't even call them the same wrong name twice in a row.

The only time Gus ticks me off is if we are playing the Dragqueens or the Rorters....other than that he actually gives us the wraps. But when it's the Queens and Rorters he is so biased it's too annoying. I like the Gus v Rabs running arguments, they are quite humerous.

Active Now

• thenry
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.