10. Anthony Laffranchi (Titans)
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (Eels)
12. Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs)
13. Craig Fitzgibbon (Roosters)

14. Ben Cross (Knights)
15. Chris Heighington (Tigers)
16. Brett Kearney (Sharks)
17. Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles)

I'm pretty happy to see big Ray Cashmere get a rep jersey. Wouldn't look out of place in a blue jersey either IMO.

It's supposed to be a selection trial. Obviously the Test reps are excluded.

Here's hoping they all get season ending injuries...barring Wallace of course [icon_evillaugh

The Rock said:
I don't understand this though. Why are NSW certainties still playing City-Country?

I think they just leave out the Test players don't they?

Maybe NSW realise they are screwed this year, with the current AUS backline being Queenslanders (Gasner excluded obviously) so they want to test everyone, even the assumed certainties.

Could backfire if some of their 'certainties' get injuries though. I, like you Rocky believe it should be for players who aren't deemed certainties for Origin.

Jebadude said:
The Rock said:
I don't understand this though. Why are NSW certainties still playing City-Country?

I think they just leave out the Test players don't they?

I think in the past couple of seasons they have left out the NSW certainties. Probably don't want to risk them getting injured. That said, I think the City-Country is usually played a bit closer to the first origin (like just before the origin teams are actually named) - but I could be wrong on that, because I don't usually take a whole lot of notice of C-C

Laffranchi at 10 is quite odd. No Kimmorley of Orford, looks like Brett Finch might be getting the nod for the origin job [icon_lol1.

Some weird selections really. There seem to be a fair few players who will probably never play Origin.

Guys like Delany, Rooney (he's past it), Hughes, King, Luke Lewis in the backrow, Joel Monaghan etc. Surely they'd be better off with younger players.

Also, can't believe Chris Lawrence missed out.

God only knows how Pearce got in the starting side over Wally...........not complaining from a club point of view but

As for the continued selection of the 2 Luke's from Panfers, one of them in the second row [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Hughes at hooker = joke

Plenty of other ridiculous selections but it is NSW so don't really care. Thought someone like Chris Lawrence should have been picked to start grooming him for the future though.

Bash the crap out of each other, though leave Wally alone. [icon_wink

looks like wallace might get some time at hooker. just pass pete, just pass.

Luke Lewis in the second row of a rep side [icon_lol1., NSW are really putting their trust in the youth for the rep duties now. Obviously Finch and Anasta will be the halves but the guys in waiting appear to be all kids now they are obviously certain now Noddy and Orford do not have what it takes to compete with our halves.

The teams selected turned out pretty good for us, because we had quite a few in contention but only Wallace made it.

At least we will have a fit Ennis, Sims and company because they are not playing in this game! Can only be beneficial for the Broncos!

NSW will struggle to match it with QLD this year I believe, purely because they lack point scoring ability. Their backs arent really in form (apart from maybe B.Stewart) and they dont really have any in form wingers or centres. Where as all of the QLD backs are killing it for the respective clubs

QLD to win 2-1 or 3-0

ronnyd said:
Laffranchi at 10 is quite odd. No Kimmorley of Orford, looks like Brett Finch might be getting the nod for the origin job [icon_lol1.

I think Kurt Gidley is favourite for theNSW halfback job, but he is playing in the test so he can't play in the city-country match

I love this annual contest. Bunch of cockroaches smashing eachother for absolutely no valid reason.

Here's hoping it goes to golden point and 33 of the 34 players suffer injuries _woohoo_

How did Ashton Sims not get a run eusa_think

Meh more games for Broncos I spose.

Je$ter said:
How did Ashton Sims not get a run eusa_think

Meh more games for Broncos I spose.

I think his lack of presence in the past 3-4 weeks was a bonus for the Broncos.

I spose I haven't seen too much of the Broncs last couple weeks so he might have played his way out of a jersey. Not a bad thing for us though, could get him fired up to play better? Good on Wallace for getting a run, however I could see him playing a bit of time at hooker with useless Corey Hughes there.

Also I didn't think Feleti Mateo was going to play for NSW because he had committed to Tonga?

I think they made a decision that he could represent Tonga and still be eligible for NSW and Australia in the future. However, they're not going to let people play for NZ or England and then play for Australia later (a la Carroll).

Active Now

• Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Culhwch
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Dazza 92
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.