Clinton Injured

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
BIG-NAME import Joel Clinton has thrown another scare into the Broncos camp ahead of the NRL season opener next week at Suncorp Stadium. Former Test prop Clinton, reeled out of the tackling sandpit at training this morning clutching his ribs and was immediately treated by training staff.

Clinton is desperate to play against his former club Penrith in round one and a club official said the front-rower was expected to be fit for the match.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

I really hope he is fit for round 1

We must be really training hard for this game if so many niggling injuries are coming out of the sessions - hopefully it's a good sign!

Cynic in me is wondering if it's a psychological ploy...

The cynic in me agrees, and hopes that it's working.

Nah, just goes to show how intense our training regimes are compared to the other amatuer clubs in this comp - our imports can't take it! :D

thats the only answer that can be the right one

when i saw PJ's on the news i briefly saw it as i walked past tv and thought it was Hunt or hodgo..

Well either it's a psychological ploy or half the team are carrying niggling injuries..

I can see Clinton having a big year and achieving a NSW spot at some point.

I hope Clinton becomes an Origin rep but he has some distance to go yet. He has been ordinary for a few seasons now, hasn't had a consistent year really since 2003 however, props are like fine wines and we all know the potential he possesses so if guided right I think we could really turn him back into the firebrand he was and then push him even further than that.

i hope clinton is good enough to play origin, but i hope they dont pick him haha

pennywisealfie said:
i hope clinton is good enough to play origin, but i hope they dont pick him haha

my thoughts exactly, we don't need to supply half the Qld team and a quarter of the NSW team.

Who do you reckon will be in the Queensland side from the Broncos?

Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges all certainties (if fit).

Parker, Marsh, Hannant, Thaiday possibilities.

I doubt all 7 would make the 17, so that's not half the team ;-)

With the way the current QLD side is going Coxy they may be the only 3. The guys who were there unlesss they fall out of form will get the chance again. Thaiday has been there when fit so he wouldn't surprise me.

with Berrigan gone, i reckon Marsh will fill in nicely to his spot.

so i can see

Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges & Marsh all playing for QLD this year but i also reckon Parker and Thaiday will be very close to making it if they do in fact miss out.

I've heard the boys are all pumped, that they're really keen for the season to begin, my source tells me that they haven't trained this hard in a long time.

Ghibli said:
I've heard the boys are all pumped, that they're really keen for the season to begin, my source tells me that they haven't trained this hard in a long time.

Thats great news

bfoord said:
Ghibli said:

Thats great news

Awesome. I cant wait for the season to start also .

Coxy said:
Who do you reckon will be in the Queensland side from the Broncos?

Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges all certainties (if fit).

Parker, Marsh, Hannant, Thaiday possibilities.

I doubt all 7 would make the 17, so that's not half the team ;-)

Stop at 3. That's all that will make the team.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • peter09
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • barker
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.