OFFICIAL Cobbo Extends With Broncos Until 2025

700k per year :eyetwitch::eyetwitch::eyetwitch::eyetwitch::eyetwitch::eyetwitch::eyetwitch:
I’ll be pretty disappointed If that’s the real figure. Cobbo is so green and might not really earn that sort of value at any point in this new contract period. Maybe he’ll get to that value if he does establish himself as a quality fullback. But you can’t say he is anything close to that yet. I really like the kid and rate his potential. I just thought the Broncos were past that paying young blokes too early thing.

Courier Mail reported it as a deal worth over $2 million.

Badel has reported that he has inked a two-year upgrade worth in excess of $1 million to remain at Red Hill until the end of 2025.

which would mean the deal is around the 500k mark.

previously the CM reported that Cobbo would sacrifice $2 million (over a 4 year deal) to remain with us

700k is about perfect mark for the end of 2025, he's tasted origin victory and is in a side looking up. He'll be our future fullback for sure and signing that length of contract means we are saying good bye to Herbie. Herbie won't stay for centre money especially given he wants to play fullback. Herbie would of signed a short contract to see whether him or Cobbo gets the top money.

Interesting views in here, if you believed what you read after Origin, he would be flat out making the Wynnum side

I’ll be pretty disappointed If that’s the real figure. Cobbo is so green and might not really earn that sort of value at any point in this new contract period. Maybe he’ll get to that value if he does establish himself as a quality fullback. But you can’t say he is anything close to that yet. I really like the kid and rate his potential. I just thought the Broncos were past that paying young blokes too early thing.

Let's be real here, we had to pay that to keep him because I reckon every other club would be prepared to pay 700k at least for a guy who is as raw as him and has untapped potential

Im only teasing RE 700k. Actually have no idea. No many leaks these days.
Great troll effort there you got a few to bite. Seems weird as a fan to try and take the shine off a great announcement for your club, but you do you man.

Great troll effort there you got a few to bite. Seems weird as a fan to try and take the shine off a great announcement for your club, but you do you man.
It was a joke, and a subtle dig at journo "estimates". There no taking shine off Cobbo, hes a brilliant kid with a fantastic future if he keeps knuckled down.

I don't know what the figure is, 500k is a steal, 700k is something I would expect us to have to pay to keep a young player of his quality with what he's achieved already in his short NRL career

Interesting views in here, if you believed what you read after Origin, he would be flat out making the Wynnum side
No one was saying that. Some of us were saying he could use more time in the NRL. Others were saying to give him another chance. Both are reasonable opinions. I didn't see anyone with strong feelings either way, and certainly no one writing him off as an NRL player.

No one was saying that. Some of us were saying he could use more time in the NRL. Others were saying to give him another chance. Both are reasonable opinions. I didn't see anyone with strong feelings either way, and certainly no one writing him off as an NRL player.

How can the opinion change so drastically? Just based on one performance?

After Game 1, all I was hearing was how great of a player he is now and how good he could be in the future, suddenly he makes a few handling errors and is a bit slow to mark up on Burton when they had a 1 man advantage to begin with and he's not ready for Origin? It's ridiculous.

I get triggered with how critical we are of our own players, they need time to develop and they need to know they have the confidence of the coaches because that then fills them with confidence. Dropping him after a game where nearly every player in maroon was bog is not the answer.

How can the opinion change so drastically? Just based on one performance?

After Game 1, all I was hearing was how great of a player he is now and how good he could be in the future, suddenly he makes a few handling errors and is a bit slow to mark up on Burton when they had a 1 man advantage to begin with and he's not ready for Origin? It's ridiculous.

I get triggered with how critical we are of our own players, they need time to develop and they need to know they have the confidence of the coaches because that then fills them with confidence. Dropping him after a game where nearly every player in maroon was bog is not the answer.
The opinion didn't change. He was picked off the back of a handful of great games (after a few shockers), at a very young age. He was always a risk, and a borderline pick.

His first game was okay. Not outstanding but he did nothing to warrant dropping.

The second, on the other hand, was a shocker. He made 2 tackles, missed 5 with 1 ineffective. And made 4 errors. That's more than enough reason to get dropped. You can't do that at Origin level. That's probably an Origin record.

If that were Xavier Coates, the air would be blue with insults calling for his head, and him never to play Origin again. But it's Selwyn, and everyone's being pretty kind about it.

The opinion didn't change. He was picked off the back of a handful of great games (after a few shockers), at a very young age. He was always a risk, and a borderline pick.

His first game was okay. Not outstanding but he did nothing to warrant dropping.

The second, on the other hand, was a shocker. He made 2 tackles, missed 5 with 1 ineffective. And made 4 errors. That's more than enough reason to get dropped. You can't do that at Origin level. That's probably an Origin record.

If that were Xavier Coates, the air would be blue with insults calling for his head, and him never to play Origin again. But it's Selwyn, and everyone's being pretty kind about it.

He got a try assist in the first game at a crucial moment when the game was in the balance, I would jot that down as an outstanding contribution. Not many wingers will set up their centre for a try. Just on that centre, Dane Gagai's spot should be up for serious review as well.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.