Cody Walker re-signs with Souths

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Can't post a link but I just saw that we are offering a contract to Cody Walker.

...unless this Jikorima rumour has merit I guess.

Saw on an FB article that we've offered Walker a 3 year deal.

I think he'd be a good replacement tbh, if we're losing Kodi to the Storm, Walker would be a great replacement - Can play bench utility and can fill in at Five-Eighth during origin when Milford inevitably gets the call up.

Welp, this came out of absolutely nowhere. Walker would be a great get to replace Kodi if he leaves

SOUTH Sydney have a fight on their hands to keep Cody Walker with Brisbane making a bold play to sign the five-eighth.
Foxsports.com.au can reveal the Broncos have tabled Walker a three-year-deal in a bid to lure the off-contract playmaker from Redfern to Red Hill where he would play under super coach Wayne Bennett until at least the end of 2019.
But Michael Maguire and his Bunnies are still in the hunt for Walker and have offered him a new two-year-deal.
Currently on a contract worth around $120,000 a season, the Rabbitohs’ new offer is understood to be short of what he can earn at the Broncos.
a91ca06330e1409826f99c74e31b1c1f
Cody Walker scores a try.
The jostling for his signature could have been avoided, with Walker pushing to sign a new Rabbitohs deal earlier in the year before negotiations stalled.
The lack of urgency to initially table Walker a new offer could now come back to bite them, with Bennett on the lookout for an impact player.

With Kodi Nikorima stuck behind Andrew McCullough at the Broncos and attracting bigger money offers from rival clubs, it appears Walker would satisfy the utility post Nikorima currently fills, should he leave the club.
3edff00a752f03627c7b7012a4f94133
Cody Walker makes a break.
The Courier Mail reported last week that Nikorima has attracted serious interest from Melbourne, while he’s also been linked to St George Illawarra, where Benji Marshall and Mitch Rein are both off-contract.
It’s understood the Rabbitohs have already discussed the idea of playing John Sutton and Greg Inglis in the halves alongside Adam Reynolds next season should Walker leave, although they are refusing to give up hope of keeping him in the green and red.
Premiership winning five-eighth Luke Keary, however, is expected to leave at the end of the season.
Keary, like Nikorima, has been linked with a move to the Dragons.

Last edited:
Why would he want to sign with the Broncos?? He's only going to be a bench player when he could get a starting spot elsewhere.

Why would he want to sign with the Broncos?? He's only going to be a bench player when he could get a starting spot elsewhere.

There really aren't that many options are there? Career wise, surely a bench spot in Brisbane is better than starting for a club like the Knights.

There really aren't that many options are there? Career wise, surely a bench spot in Brisbane is better than starting for a club like the Knights.
Does he want to be a bench player at his age if when he could be a starting half? There are a few clubs that need halves. Just odd to sign here where there is only a bench spot available. Would get more money elsewhere too. That said if he wants to return to QLD he will probably take the best offer he can get.

Does he want to be a bench player at his age if when he could be a starting half? There are a few clubs that need halves. Just odd to sign here where there is only a bench spot available. Would get more money elsewhere too. That said if he wants to return to QLD he will probably take the best offer he can get.

It's not all about money. Why would you want to be depressed as **** playing for a terribly run club that can't win a game to save themselves? When you can come of the bench at a club that lost a GF by 1 point?

I could get more money to go work somewhere else that I really hate, but i'm not, because I would hate it.

It's not all about money. Why would you want to be depressed as **** playing for a terribly run club that can't win a game to save themselves? When you can come of the bench at a club that lost a GF by 1 point?

I could get more money to go work somewhere else that I really hate, but i'm not, because I would hate it.

Well when the Broncos can give him a brown paper bag every once and a while plus give his partner a job it will work out in the end.

Well when the Broncos can give him a brown paper bag every once and a while plus give his partner a job it will work out in the end.

So your response to Nashy's "money isn't everything" is "the Broncos cheat the cap." You're not really making a strong case there, why not try to actually address his point?

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.