Complete History of The Broncos. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

I worked at a bottlo in 1988 .
Powers beer was highly sought after . My job was transferring the cartons from the pallet into the fridge . In those days cold beer cost a few bucks more than hot beer .
I remember putting cartons in the fridges at St Pauls Tavern and then taking them back out 5 mins later and charging cold beer price . Not a complaint . They were happy to get their hands on the Broncos beer .

Went full Abe Simpson in this post

Went full Abe Simpson in this post

Oh I forgot the part about how I sold Billy Noke one of those cartons that had been in the fridge 5 minutes for the cold beer price . LOL .

Oh I forgot the part about how I sold Billy Noke one of those cartons that had been in the fridge 5 minutes for the cold beer price . LOL .

Glad you added that in mate

Does this mean the broncos are going to have to move back to QEII Stadium?

The 1988 Ad was what made Powers beer popular .
Wally , Dowling , Conescu all bitching around a barb b que and drinking Powers Bitter .

There's been new Power's signage up in front of the brewery on the M1 for a couple of weeks now(?)

Wondered what it was about......
I would have expected you’d be more across what your competitors are up to.

The 1988 Ad was what made Powers beer popular .
Wally , Dowling , Conescu all bitching around a barb b que and drinking Powers Bitter .
A little QLD history lesson:

1924-1987: order any other beer but XXXX, get warned it will turn you into a poof.
1987: Broncos launch sponsored by Powers, another brand of beer.
1991: Sodomy legalized in QLD. Rampant man on man action ensues.
1992: XXXX taken over by Lion Nathan
1992: Powers Broncos win Premiership.
2009: XXXX discarded to unwitting Japanese.
2016: XXXX watered down to 4.4%
2017: Men formally encouraged to marry other men.
2022: Marcelo Montoya banned for 4 weeks for calling Kyle Feldt a poof (instead of motherfucking ****).
2022: Manly gets pink for a week. Coach sacked.
2023: Powers relaunched.
2023: NRL pride week.
2023: BHQ rebranded LGBTBHQ.
2040: Rugby League becomes exclusively gay.

What in tarnation. Time for mandatory bumsex before each game:

What in tarnation. Time for mandatory bumsex before each game:

I don't exactly know what it means to bar the NRL from something I don't think they have any involvement with, but it's a bit odd to target something for atleast trying.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.