Badel Warning Contract clause puts Anthony Milford on open market early

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I wouldn't be bothered if he left. There's always options but I wouldn't think paying him more is good business sense. To be honest I don't see him at a million a season and I'd say to him, let us know what you've got planned, we'll see if it suits.

Broncapz

QCup Player
Hope he's been good with his money and is happy to take a small downgrade next contract so we can keep other players. His off field rep and star status should field him plenty of extra TPA money.

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
I really don't understand a contract in a player's favour.. there's no upside to that from a club POV. Unless someone can shed some light??

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I really don't understand a contract in a player's favour.. there's no upside to that from a club POV. Unless someone can shed some light??
Making them feel like they're in control. If a club wants to get rid of them they drop them to the reserves and they look elsewhere. When has a highly paid professional sportsman been cool with lingering in reserves? They have egos they need to feed.

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
Making them feel like they're in control. If a club wants to get rid of them they drop them to the reserves and they look elsewhere. When has a highly paid professional sportsman been cool with lingering in reserves? They have egos they need to feed.
But if they execute it "in their favour" ahead of that, doesn't that then mean they're contracted? So it really matter nothing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter

Upgrade to a Contributor Account to remove advertising