Coping with this bullshit

In terms of the NRL, I'm just supporting whoever is playing the Roosters, Eels and the Storm (probably in that order, so would support the Eels over the Roosters). Biggest goal is to hopefully avoid seeing the Roosters win 3 in a row.

Its a train wreck, its so disturbing and unbelievably bad you just can't stop watching to see what new level of failure they come up with.

Last edited:
Look it's not great for community harmony but I am enjoying the misery of this forum at the moment. It's just kinda funny to me. It's also funny to still see some of the dyed-in-the-wool superfans believing a come back is just around the corner and the coach and certain players arent actually that bad and it's all just a bit of an illusion... I mean you have to laugh otherwise you'd go insane trying to reconcile these types of thoughts with what reality is dishing out.

On a slightly more serious note, a season like this is good for perspective. You understand a bit more what it's like for fans of other clubs that have been terrible for years and what they go through and you probably gain a little more empathy in that sense. Further, you realize ultimately it is just a game of football and while it effects your happiness to some degree, it shouldn't really dictate the entirety of it, perhaps you get beaten into apathy lol.
That's true, just it couldn't have come at a worse time. A solid three quarters of my internet time revolves around footy and in this year of fucked up covid, work being the pits, just all around stress and shit in life, my usual escape for the week is blocked off. Jeez it fucken sucks. The only slight joy I had was trying to come up with inventive new names for the three stuffketeers but it's just a grind. Pies, Hot Karl and Snow White have ruined the final few hours of my winter week that didn't fucking suck.

I said this during the live threads, but 2020 has already been shit and stressful enough without having to swallow the trash this mob dish out each week as well.

I reckon the AFL will honestly be laughing at how lucky they have been through no work of their own (and I actually don’t mind because I also love the Lions) but at a time when all three Queensland teams have been going horribly and the flagship state club is tracking fo be the worst team EVER defensively, the AFL Qld teams are flying.

Throw in the fact that Qld is now the AFL centre and NSW could be shut down any second (including the NRL), the exposure the AFL will get will damage the NRL in the longer term. It won’t show up in the next year or two necessarily but it will in the next generation.

The Lions are playing tough and attractive AFL and look set to be up near the top for the next five-ten years. The suns play an exciting, fast brand and they are tracking up rapidly and will be a heavyweight by next year.

Meanwhile, the NRL has a huge gulf between their best and worst, a salary cap that doesn’t work and Qld teams who play absolute trash. The fact the flagship club is not even trying and is being run into the ground is compounding the issue in a year where AFL will be making massive in roads into the state.

I reckon the AFL will honestly be laughing at how lucky they have been through no work of their own (and I actually don’t mind because I also love the Lions) but at a time when all three Queensland teams have been going horribly and the flagship state club is tracking fo be the worst team EVER defensively, the AFL Qld teams are flying.

Throw in the fact that Qld is now the AFL centre and NSW could be shut down any second (including the NRL), the exposure the AFL will get will damage the NRL in the longer term. It won’t show up in the next year or two necessarily but it will in the next generation.

The Lions are playing tough and attractive AFL and look set to be up near the top for the next five-ten years. The suns play an exciting, fast brand and they are tracking up rapidly and will be a heavyweight by next year.

Meanwhile, the NRL has a huge gulf between their best and worst, a salary cap that doesn’t work and Qld teams who play absolute trash. The fact the flagship club is not even trying and is being run into the ground is compounding the issue in a year where AFL will be making massive in roads into the state.
But but but rugba leeeeg is strong in Sydney.... maybe they should bring Newtown back as well as the "Brisbane" Bears (who play games out of central coast stadium).

National Rugba Leeg for the win!!!

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Santa
  • Fatboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lurker
  • maddo
  • BroncosAlways
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Hurrijo
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.