Coping with this bullshit

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
So I am to the point that I can barely watch this shit anymore. I will always support the team, always be a member etc. etc. but until they get rid of the fat **** I just need something else to help cope with this. I don’t even like watching other NRL games anymore because the new rules have completely fucked the contest and it isn’t the game that I love.

Is anyone else feeling like this? To be clear I will still watch us get pumped but that is about all I can muster and need something else to take my mind off the diabolical state of my club. What are others doing? Watching other codes? Gaming? Drinking heavily?

Last edited:
Go the Lions, Brisbane Lions! They’ll kick the winning score, you’ll hear a mighty roar!!

So I am to the point that I can barely watch this shit anymore. I will always support the team, always be a member etc. etc. but until they get rid of the fat **** I just need something else to help cope with this. I don’t even like watching other NRL games anymore because the new rules have completely fucked the contest and it isn’t the game that I love.

Is anyone else feeling like this? To be clear I will still watch us get pumped but that is about all I can muster and need something else to take my mind off the diabolical state of my club. What are others doing? Watching other codes? Gaming? Drinking heavily?
There are many more exactly like you my friend. The lack of stability and social cohesion brought about by the uncertainty caused by the pandemic is also a factor. Back in the day we could at least console ourselves by watching our boys run round playing some great footy. Now all we have is a dis-organised rabble.

Many new boats need to be built to cross this great divide caused by Pies and the ones who employed him.

I do hope Kevvie is currently self-isolating as we will need him sooner than he thinks. I'd also like to see the Walker brothers brought in as his assistants.

Go the Lions, Brisbane Lions! They’ll kick the winning score, you’ll hear a mighty roar!!

I have been watching them a fair bit actually, might be time to get even more behind them, thanks mate.

There are many more exactly like you my friend. The lack of stability and social cohesion brought about by the uncertainty caused by the pandemic is also a factor. Back in the day we could at least console ourselves by watching our boys run round playing some great footy. Now all we have is a dis-organised rabble.

Many new boats need to be built to cross this great divide caused by Pies and the ones who employed him.

I do hope Kevvie is currently self-isolating as we will need him sooner than he thinks. I'd also like to see the Walker brothers brought in as his assistants.

Thabks mate, nice to know I’m not alone lol

Look it's not great for community harmony but I am enjoying the misery of this forum at the moment. It's just kinda funny to me. It's also funny to still see some of the dyed-in-the-wool superfans believing a come back is just around the corner and the coach and certain players arent actually that bad and it's all just a bit of an illusion... I mean you have to laugh otherwise you'd go insane trying to reconcile these types of thoughts with what reality is dishing out.

On a slightly more serious note, a season like this is good for perspective. You understand a bit more what it's like for fans of other clubs that have been terrible for years and what they go through and you probably gain a little more empathy in that sense. Further, you realize ultimately it is just a game of football and while it effects your happiness to some degree, it shouldn't really dictate the entirety of it, perhaps you get beaten into apathy lol.

Last edited:
Look it's not great for community harmony but I am enjoying the misery of this forum at the moment. It's just kinda funny to me. It's also funny to still see some of the dyed-in-the-wool superfans believing a come back is just around the corner and the coach and certain players arent actually that bad and it's all just a bit of an illusion... I mean you have to laugh otherwise you'd go insane trying to reconcile these types of thoughts with what reality is dishing out.

On a slightly more serious note, a season like this is good for perspective. You understand a bit more what it's like for fans of other clubs that have been terrible for years and what they go through and you probably gain a little more empathy in that sense. Further, you realize ultimately it is just a game of football and while it effects your happiness to some degree, it shouldn't really dictate the entirety of it, perhaps you get beaten into apathy lol.

I'm not miserable. I'm pissed off, in large part because we are seeing the consequences of management driven by personal agendas instead of foresight and good planning.

And yes, as you say, it is good for perspective. It's unfortunate however that we have to pay the price for a fool's self interest

Last edited:
I'm not miserable. I'm pissed off, in large part because we are seeing the consequences of management driven by personal agendas instead of foresight and good planning.

And yes, as you say, it is good for perspective. It's unfortunate however that we have to pay the price for a fool's self interest
it sucks for sure, i'm not revelling in our performances, but i gotta squeeze some sort of juice from this lemon of a situation.

You just gotta watch it until it gets so bad, you want the other team to do well for two reasons; It's impressive seeing huge scores, and it has to be another step towards a massive change.

As much as i love the Broncos and their games give me an escape each week I rationalise a loss (or win) by telling myself it doesn’t really change my life once full time hits.

I don’t personally know the players so once I turn off my device or tv there is no impact and my family, friends and job are exactly the same regardless of how the Broncos perform.

Sure I might cop some additional shit of my mates or work colleagues about the Broncos after a loss but it is mostly in good fun and they often stop pretty quick when I am agreeing with how shit we are rather than trying to defend us.

Hang in there @broncos4life, we have generally lived a charmed life as Broncos fans and this period is just gearing us up to really appreciate when we are a top 4 team again.

I’m more annoyed this is happening 1-2 years out from the second Brisbane side. Could not have come at a worse possible time

As much as i love the Broncos and their games give me an escape each week I rationalise a loss (or win) by telling myself it doesn’t really change my life once full time hits.

I don’t personally know the players so once I turn off my device or tv there is no impact and my family, friends and job are exactly the same regardless of how the Broncos perform.

Sure I might cop some additional shit of my mates or work colleagues about the Broncos after a loss but it is mostly in good fun and they often stop pretty quick when I am agreeing with how shit we are rather than trying to defend us.

Hang in there @broncos4life, we have generally lived a charmed life as Broncos fans and this period is just gearing us up to really appreciate when we are a top 4 team again.

I get asked about 5 times on a Monday:
“What’s happened to ya bloody Broncos”
I just say “they are so fucked”

You just gotta watch it until it gets so bad, you want the other team to do well for two reasons; It's impressive seeing huge scores, and it has to be another step towards a massive change.
Yep, and in a weird kind of way I was enjoying getting a glimpse of the old Benji again.

It makes me a ****, but deathriding pies takes some of the sting out of the losses

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bish
  • Morepudding
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • john1420
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.