Copley vs Reed

J

Josh McCabe

Dec 16, 2015
I really hope we don't lose Copley if we do get Roberts. Reed is very slow and even though he is a "Defensive" centre, his lack of speed has made him a huge liability in defence. Just look at what Morgan did to him in townsville (scored a triple), Ferguson in the finals (got a double in about 3 minutes) and Morgan in the GF (ran around and offloaded on the siren). Copley has improvement to do in his defence for sure, but he at least has the pace to match it. Plus he can actually keep up with Milford on that left edge, which allows Roberts to play on the right.

Apparently there are sad faces at Red Hill after saying goodbye to a local..

Not sure if that has anything to do with Roberts, or it even happened. But someone there said that there was some sad faces.
Rumours Copley came off crying. Out of all of this I do now, there is going to be a lot of expectation on Roberts if he does join us and rightly so.

Last edited:
Re: James Roberts to Broncos

[COLOR=#333333 !important]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Super Freak
Apparently there are sad faces at Red Hill after saying goodbye to a local..

Not sure if that has anything to do with Roberts, or it even happened. But someone there said that there was some sad faces.

[/COLOR]
Rumours Copley came off crying. Out of all of this I do now, there is going to be a lot of expectation on Roberts if he does join us and rightly so.

Where do you get this info?

Where the majority of people get it, not that I have claimed to ever have some secret source lol

Where the majority of people get it, not that I have claimed to ever have some secret source lol

And where exactly is that? Im new to this haha.

He got it from Twitter, I saw it as well, but it wasn't a credible source, and the tweet was deleted about an hour later. It's nothing.

Twitter, facebook etc Some of it has substance, majority of it is BS.

He got it from Twitter, I saw it as well, but it wasn't a credible source, and the tweet was deleted about an hour later. It's nothing.

Yeah that is why credibility through these sources is hard to get, sometimes you do find them, Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard signing was one.

Eh I really rate Copley, would suck if he left and Reed stayed... I'd rather loose Maranta and Reed than Copley. Although Reed would be on a lot more than Copley anyone one would imagine.

Eh I really rate Copley, would suck if he left and Reed stayed... I'd rather loose Maranta and Reed than Copley. Although Reed would be on a lot more than Copley anyone one would imagine.
A lot on here would agree with you . Not Wayne though. Welcome to BHQ by the way.

Congratulations Bennett. You threw away a double digit game Origin player for a turd that might increase your chances to win a premiership for one year.

Thanks for the welcome. I don't know... Wayne would be pretty mad with how Reed played during the finals series you would think. Plus he also came out straight away saying Copley is Hodges replacement and how great a player is and what not. Out of our current centre/wingers id probably say Copley>Kahu>Oates>Anderson(untested i know)>Maranta>Reed. I haven't understood how he has made the team the past 2 years, last year especially. He's getting slower, makes terrible defensive mistakes and how many times have you seen an opposition player score with Reed in the background punching the floor after falling off a tackle? My Dad and I look for it all the time. Lightens the mood after conceding points :p

I seem to recall Reed being on a pretty low amount, 200-250kish. No idea about Copley but I could see him easily being on the same amount or more.

Congratulations Bennett. You threw away a double digit game Origin player for a turd that might increase your chances to win a premiership for one year.

What's up with you lately? Half of your posts are just incoherent dribble. Copley won't play anywhere near 10 origin games, Roberts on the other hand probably will. And what do you mean "for one year"? Roberts increases our premiership chances for every season he's here, which looks to be at least 3.

I Doubt Copley would be on too much. Has hardly been in main squad etc. Reed got renewed after he made the English team and had a "breakout" season. No doubt Copley would get more on the market though. The only people who seem to rate Jack Reed are Wayne Bennet and Wally Lewis, everyone else thinks he is pathetic haha.

I think he means Inglis, but regardless all we have heard on that front is denials and story after story of him being linked to the club and nothing has come about it and that circus has been around a lot longer then Roberts has come on the scene. How long do you play the waiting game while letting potential quality signings go? Last time we gave him the opportunity we got burnt.

Last edited:

There's three outcomes with the Roberts Saga.

1. He comes to Broncos. No players leave.
2. He comes to Broncos. 1 or 2 of Copley/Maranta/Reed leave. Likely to Titans/Rabbits
3. He goes to another club and clearly lied about not caring about the money and he should be hated by everyone for it.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • FACTHUNT
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.