OFFICIAL Corey Oates Announces Retirement

Thanks Goates. Loved the passion you played with. Always the first to celebrate a team try. Hope retirement is good to you.

Could never fault his effort. Respect him being a one club Broncos player. When on song he was elite.

He is young for a retiree and hope he is helped to transition into another career.

Sad Fiba World Cup 2019 GIF by FIBA

aaaaah Oatesy sorry to see you go buddy. That's a big loss for this squad. He was always vocal and positive behind the scenes. A top guy and it makes me wonder who we are going to bring in. We are lacking some leaders for sure now.

Happy he is a one club man but still feel down about this for some reason. Maybe a better send off? I don't know...

I think he’s right to retire, but I’m going to miss him. Broncos best winger IMO and his four tries against Manly is my fave highlight of his, was there that day and almost screamed my self hoarse cheering him on. Glad he got to be a one clubber. Thanks for the memories Oatesy.

Congratulations Oatesey on a great career. Was always one of my favourites. It’s a shame that the result overshadowed his grand final try which was one of the all time greats. Glad he will remain involved with the club.
Absolutely agree! I don't think I've jumped any higher at a live game then when I saw Oates in space in the 2015 GF.
One of my favourite Broncos moments.

Badel (rugby league reporting in general) is a disgrace.

To start his headline is that we are parting ways with Oates. With the majority of the article about how he failed to secure a new deal.

There is only one small paragraph that even hints at retirement:

On the plus side the article does show that Badel has no insiders left at the club, as this article was published at 8 am this morning which was the same time I heard about Oates retiring on the radio.

Did you expect anything different from Peter "The Scoop" Badel?

Trying to find a negative in one of the greats calling time, every fan knew his time was up.

One of Corey's best tries was off of a Reynolds kick, except Adam was on the opposition.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Griffo
  • sooticus
  • Reds2011
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.