OFFICIAL Corey Oates Announces Retirement

Oates gone, true shame but we all knew it was coming sooner than later. A great club man, a guy who did everything in the game but win a GF and never changed. He stayed true to his values, was kind to kids and always had time for fans. All modern players could learn a thing or two from a guy like Corey. He will be forever remembered for it and his ability on the field in the Broncos jersey. Enjoy your retirement Corey it's well earned.

NRL2024BHQThankYouOatesy

Oates had a fair bit of toe in his younger days forgot how quick he actually was when he got going
I always likened oates to a semi truck without the trailers. Had a big engine that could get a good top speed and bull doze shit, but shit acceleration and terrible turning circle.

When you watch that clip its amazing after how they finished with us just how good Milf and Boyd actually were at their best.
I just finished watching the clip and thought to myself how elite was Milford and Boyd's passing game compared to mams and Walsh...and how fast and an absolute handful Oates was even in his teens ..we don't have a big boned gazelle on our radar ...we should

When you watch that clip its amazing after how they finished with us just how good Milf and Boyd actually were at their best.
The whole video made me sad. He was so much faster until recently, and the loss of Reed/Gillett on his side needs to be studied as to its impact on Brisbane (immense losses)

Reed & Gillett were the opposite of the players we have recently gone for. Gangly, unorthadox, but pure footballers. And zero ego.

And never didn’t try. Both had their share of ordinary games sure, but they never gave up.

I don’t see Riki or Piakura picking a loose ball up 5m from our line and running 95m to score when we’re already up by 20

I miss Gillo again (and still)

Oates gone, true shame but we all knew it was coming sooner than later. A great club man, a guy who did everything in the game but win a GF and never changed. He stayed true to his values, was kind to kids and always had time for fans. All modern players could learn a thing or two from a guy like Corey. He will be forever remembered for it and his ability on the field in the Broncos jersey. Enjoy your retirement Corey it's well earned.
Should of got a test jersey in 2016 but Mal picked the very Australian Radradra over Oates from memory

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • upthebroncs
  • RolledOates
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.