RUMOUR Corey Oates re-signs for three years

Read wasn't sure of the money ... but said he thought it was around the $1 million mark over the 3 years (333k per year)
That is massive unders. He could have got 500+ at other clubs.

Even if Oates only stays on the wing for the next 2-3 years, I think he could finish with 2-3 years of his career as a pretty good prop. He's not skillful enough for an edge, but he has what it takes for the middle.

That is massive unders. He could have got 500+ at other clubs.

Even if Oates only stays on the wing for the next 2-3 years, I think he could finish with 2-3 years of his career as a pretty good prop. He's not skillful enough for an edge, but he has what it takes for the middle.
His ball handling carting it up leaves a bit to be desired.

How many more times is this story going to break?

He hasn't signed until Ikin announces it.

Well go tell Read that. He's the one saying it.

$1.2 million apparently over 3 years. I love Oatesy, but i'm not sure a 3 year deal is the right way to go.

If he's a greedy ****, no.......its not.

I've been completely overwhelmed with his football and attitude this year. When he was making noise about wanting to be a back rower (or else?) kinda stuff ...he lost me for a while.

Seems to want to play the loyal soldier and is doing all he can to win the war.....
So happy he got a run in SOO 3 this year. Totally deserved it.

I don't mind the three year deal. He's only 27 and he's still showing he can find the try line.

You need guys like Oates around the club among the group, so I'm happy to keep him here for another 3 years. It's only an extra year than what was originally being offered and he took a paycut. I think 400k for what he brings is good value.

Badel reports he hasn't actually "signed." Deal initially discussed was two years, but because of his recent form it's being extended to three. He's looking at a drop in pay of about $100k a season.

Language used includes:

"looks to have earned himself a new contract"​
"will be rewarded"​
"to be handed a $1.2 million contract extension"​
"Courier-Mail can reveal the Broncos are in the final stages of securing Oates"​
"revised deal will be worth around $400,000 annually"​
Walters:

“Corey has been outstanding for us this year. I don’t think it will be his last game this year or for the Broncos in general. We are confident we can come to an agreement with Oatesy. He has had his best season for a long time. We appreciate what he is doing for us and he is another one who we need at his best against the Dragons.”​

400 is hardly the "cut price" deal it was made out to be, it's exactly what a winger like him is worth. In fact I'd say it's more favourable to him than the club at a 3 year term.

400 is hardly the "cut price" deal it was made out to be, it's exactly what a winger like him is worth. In fact I'd say it's more favourable to him than the club at a 3 year term.
Depends whether we can get three more years of the 2022 Corey Oates, or 3 years of the 2021 edition. The other QLD winger Xavier Coates is reported to be on $450K. We all have a lot of fruity opinions on that guy.

Depends whether we can get three more years of the 2022 Corey Oates, or 3 years of the 2021 edition. The other QLD winger Xavier Coates is reported to be on $450K. We all have a lot of fruity opinions on that guy.
On current form $400k is probably fair. 3 years is a long time for a guy who has admitted motivation issues though. 3 years at 300 would’ve been good or 2 at 350.

Corey is eligible for cap subsidy though

On current form $400k is probably fair. 3 years is a long time for a guy who has admitted motivation issues though. 3 years at 300 would’ve been good or 2 at 350.

Corey is eligible for cap subsidy though
Reynolds and Capes would be taking any subsidy so it doesn't really mean much.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.