Corey Oates re-signs with the Brisbane Broncos

Some people will be leaving after 2019 I assume to help ease salary cap pressures. Kahu I imagine would be one...

Some people will be leaving after 2019 I assume to help ease salary cap pressures. Kahu I imagine would be one...

Let’s hope so, that said I’m sure they would have factored in whose going to be here for 2020/21 etc

The 24-year-old was keen to sign a multi-year deal immediately, but salary-cap pressures forced the Broncos to broker an abbreviated term

This is what I found a little concerning, certainly hope it’s a case of

A/ we’re not prepared to pay a winger more than 500k on the books with 3rd parties to be added

B/ we’ve got money but we’re using our funds to retain the likes of TPJ etc​

The way the rest was worded, it sounded like they wanted to build up Corey's public profile more so they could secure more third party deals.

Pretty confident Corey won’t leave us.
I think he is just a little different to the ordinary player. He really seems to back himself.
I get the feeling he wants a 5yr (or so) contract, however we are just not ready for whatever reason at the moment.
Hopefully he has a good start to 2019 and we can lock him down long term.
Sick of the rumours that’s it’s just so he can follow WB in 2020.
I don’t buy it.

Pretty confident Corey won’t leave us.
I think he is just a little different to the ordinary player. He really seems to back himself.
I get the feeling he wants a 5yr (or so) contract, however we are just not ready for whatever reason at the moment.
Hopefully he has a good start to 2019 and we can lock him down long term.
Sick of the rumours that’s it’s just so he can follow WB in 2020.
I don’t buy it.
This “follow bennett” stuff is a joke. More 2 + 2 = 5 reporting by the media. Yes one MAY follow but itd be more about $$$ then anything else, bennett has 3 years left MAX. I can see a manager selling it to the player as “go play with wayne” if any of them get a big dollar offer though and the player saying that to the media (as its never about $$$ supposedly lol)

Corey's partner is expecting a baby in April. Hopefully a reason to stay put with extended family.

Good on ya Corey. One of the best wingers in the comp at the moment.

Corey won't go anywhere. If there's ever a Bronco through and through, that's Corey.

Look, I'm all about being a bronco. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my being a bronco. But if there were somewhere else that valued being a bronco more highly, I'm going wherever they value being a bronco the most.

This is such a good reference.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Bongo
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Waynesaurus
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.