PLAYER Corey Oates

Oates is everything is the winger I love, speed, strength, awareness and isn't afraid to put his hand up and do the hard work through the middle. All of those things were on display last night. Onya Oatesy

Can we just turn Oates into a Winger?

1. He's enormous, so meters gained on kick returns are valuable.
2. He's surprisingly quick for a big guy and could improve his speed with explosive work in the pre-season.
3. He's a natural footballer.
4. He's young.
5. HE'S FUCKING ENORMOUS.

However, he's suspect under the high ball and his knee obviously troubles him.

Can we do it? Should we do it?
He is absolutely massive, you'd know he'd be packing some serious heat in the nether regions.

Imagine working on him to become a fullback? Reckon that'd be hell interesting.

Speaking of turning forwards into fullbacks, remember how Gillett was originally signed to play fullback when I think it was K left? I wonder how he's career would've turned out?

Oates should be a centre but in the meantime I am more than happy for him to stay on the wing.

Oates should be a centre but in the meantime I am more than happy for him to stay on the wing.

I definitely want him to be a full time second rower at some point soon, not a centre.

Two requests:

1. Can we rename this thread 'Corey Oates is a fucking badass'
2. Plz photoshop Corey's head onto this image:

vlcsnap-00124.jpg

Two requests:

1. Can we rename this thread 'Corey Oates is a fucking badass'
2. Plz photoshop Corey's head onto this image:

vlcsnap-00124.jpg
[MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] get the **** on this.

What is the basis of these calls for him to be a centre? I'm enjoying what he is doing on the wing right now but he should and will move into the backrow eventually.

That is just too perfect, @Morkel.

Should I print it on some photo paper and stick it in a $2 frame from The Reject Shop?

I was going to suggest you print & frame it then get Corey to sign it, then realised that episode came out a year before he was born so it'd be kind of awkward when he didn't get the joke.

I was going to suggest you print & frame it then get Corey to sign it, then realised that episode came out a year before he was born so it'd be kind of awkward when he didn't get the joke.

He's probably only seen that episode 13 times then.

What is the basis of these calls for him to be a centre? I'm enjoying what he is doing on the wing right now but he should and will move into the backrow eventually.

Well, for mine, comparisons with Gene Miles are not entirely unwarranted

Well, for mine, comparisons with Gene Miles are not entirely unwarranted

Yes, agree with you rna. Last year when he made first grade I was thinking here's the next Big Geno.....Corey's hands aren't probably up to Gene Miles standard though.

I'm happy for him to stay on the wing indefinitely tbh.......the team is still overloaded with backrowers,

but we're short on big, tall, fast, damaging, scary as **** wingers.

Hopefully he is getting drilled with the high ball in both defence and attack.

Yes, agree with you rna. Last year when he made first grade I was thinking here's the next Big Geno.....Corey's hands aren't probably up to Gene Miles standard though.

I'm happy for him to stay on the wing indefinitely tbh.......the team is still overloaded with backrowers,

but we're short on big, tall, fast, damaging, scary as **** wingers.

Hopefully he is getting drilled with the high ball in both defence and attack.

I think one of the most important lessons Corey has to learn is discipline and focus and then everything will flow. He is lucky Wayne is his coach.

The potential I see in Oates is mind blowing, given the right coaching and Corey's continuing dedication to becoming the best he can be

Last edited:
I'm bored, so I decided to do a Corey Oates montage.

I'm not finished yet. Almost done.

So far I have all of his tries, his hit on Cooper and his try saver against Manly.

Can anyone think of anything else that would be worthy of being in there? Any other good hits? Great runs? Try savers?

I'm bored, so I decided to do a Corey Oates montage.

I'm not finished yet. Almost done.

So far I have all of his tries, his hit on Cooper and his try saver against Manly.

Can anyone think of anything else that would be worthy of being in there? Any other good hits? Great runs? Try savers?

From memory, in his first game against the Storm, Smith ran straight at him and got cut in half.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • teampjta
  • broncsgoat
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.