NEWS Corey Parker names his captain. And it's not who you think.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Former captain, assistant coach and club loyalist Corey Parker likes Payne Haas for 2021 captain:

“From working alongside them, Payne Haas comes to mind. He leads every week, his standards at training are high. ‘Payno’ doesn’t talk often, but when he does people listen. They just do. That is off the back of the respect he gets every week on the playing field and more importantly the training paddock. When your captain is someone who lives up to the high quality standards then that is captaincy material to me."

“Yes, he has had a couple of moments that haven’t shone great on him but haven’t all captains had that? He hasn’t murdered anyone. If you want to put things in perspective, Mitchell Pearce captained the Knights last year and he had a past. Johnathan Thurston (arrested in 2010) was one of the great captains and had a past. Paul Gallen (Cronulla) was the same, Justin Hodges, myself. We’ve all had our moments."

“I’m following Payne into battle. If he says ‘let’s do it’ then I’m following him. He has shown over the last few years ‘this is the way, this is what we’re doing’. He shouldn’t be ruled out because of this.”

Screenshot 2021 01 21 2a996d53ff8ad5709b6392f079bb59f1 WEBP Image 1280  720 pixels
Hasn't murdered anyone. That we know of.

“The captaincy of the Broncos is one of the most prestigious achievements and roles you can have, the club has been founded and built on success. When I got the captaincy, shared with ‘Hodgo’ and by myself, was a special, emotional day. The club means so much to so many people. For me it was a boyhood dream to play for the Broncos. To be named captain was a special occasion. To hear it is ‘up for grabs’…it is what it is. There’s been a change over the last few years where it became ‘who gets it?’. It’s like a lottery at the moment."

“Previous to that, over the last few decades, you knew who would be next in line. There are some wonderful leaders there and it’s not their fault, but it’s disappointing to hear it’s up for grabs. It’s the Brisbane Broncos.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Surely this was before what happened?

I can see it happening in the future but not for atleast 4 years plus now.

If that's his GF to the left, then the guy is punching massively above his weight

No thanks, no more players with sub 50 NRL games as captains. I'm not sure he's a leader right now anyway. For his size, he seems a bit soft. He got exposed quite a bit playing for NSW too IMO. Only the one good game, and that was off the back of the rest of the NSW forwards dominating. Whenever they weren't running downhill, Haas didn't really do shit for them.

If that's his GF to the left, then the guy is punching massively above his weight

the majority of nrl players do to be fair. especially the higher profile ones.

society seems to be that way in general though.

power/fame/money usually comes before looks in these situations

No thanks, no more players with sub 50 NRL games as captains. I'm not sure he's a leader right now anyway. For his size, he seems a bit soft. He got exposed quite a bit playing for NSW too IMO. Only the one good game, and that was off the back of the rest of the NSW forwards dominating. Whenever they weren't running downhill, Haas didn't really do shit for them.

Absolutely. Still learning to play hard.

I don't know if I'd say a fella who is most likely going to be earning between one half to a million dollars for the next 10 years and is 6'4 and 120kg of muscle is necessarily punching above his weight with her.

Imagine giving birth to his baby?! The baby will be 16 pound and a meter and half long. That’s some commitment by her tbh.
Candidate for the husband stitch

Yep it's better than Carrigan, Croft, McCullough or Glenn

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.