Could Bennett take Taylor from Titans?

He is playing with studs like Copley, Zillman and Elgey so he really should be doing more. Dead fucking set

I don't know why you are getting so defensive ... you can relax you know, Taylor won't be at the club next year despite the fact than many of us (including me) believe he offers the team something they don't currently have and would compliment Milford far better than Nikorima.

Get Taylor away from the Titans and the Toxic Hayne and into a strong professional club like us and the sky is the limit for him. unfortunately he won't be with us in the foreseeable future

You have no idea how many times these words have been uttered on this forum, only for those who says them to have their faces covered in egg.

If history proves anything, it's the ones who get next to no recognition on here who go on to be decent players in the game. We are very fortunate that the Broncos don't use the words on this forum for picking teams, we would be doomed.

Take tries from kicks out of it and get back to us. Like 70% are from kicks
Yeah, I wonder which stats are the lowest for the Broncos...?

pfft ... try assists are a meaningless stat, everyone knows that ... the real important stat for a half is repeat sets.

at least that was the case last year when people were whinging about Hunt despite the fact he finished 3rd for try assists in 2016 only behind Cronk and Thurston
The ability to get repeat sets when nothing is on, is what allows you to keep pressuring the better teams into submission. You know, like the Cowboys or Storm do to us...

Yeah, I wonder which stats are the lowest for the Broncos...?

The ability to get repeat sets when nothing is on, is what allows you to keep pressuring the better teams into submission. You know, like the Cowboys or Storm do to us...

I tell you what isn't the lowest stat for our team, points scored.

Didn't take long for Ash's biggest groupie to arrive here.
giphy.gif

I don't think you know what baits are. And deadset, the same GIF again?

I'm just hoping people in this thread know to not engage you in this topic, because it will only turn the thread into yet another argument. There is no denying that you are his biggest fan, and can't see him do anything wrong.

While this dick measuring contest is entertaining and all, can't we all just agree that Ash is a decent player, who seems like he'll have a good future ahead of him given good coaching and remaining healthy? He has good games and bad games like everyone else... He reminds me a bit of Hunt in 2014 - kinda doing it solo.

I don't think you know what baits are. And deadset, the same GIF again?

I'm just hoping people in this thread know to not engage you in this topic, because it will only turn the thread into yet another argument. There is no denying that you are his biggest fan, and can't see him do anything wrong.
I probably am his biggest fan on this board, but I dare you to present me with a single post where I deny his flaws.

Now, I know your attention span doesn't allow you to read multiple posts (especially those with more than one paragraph), but you should really make an effort, so you wouldn't say stupid stuff like this.

While this dick measuring contest is entertaining and all, can't we all just agree that Ash is a decent player, who seems like he'll have a good future ahead of him given good coaching and remaining healthy? He has good games and bad games like everyone else... He reminds me a bit of Hunt in 2014 - kinda doing it solo.

I'll agree that he might be a good player in years to come. He certainly has some natural skills (which helps, in some but not all cases cf Cooper Cronk and say Tim Smith; Cronk's success is down to years of bloody hard work rather than natural talent).

In order to do that he will need to work on some of the serious issues in his game:
  • awareness of when to pass and when to kick and when to run - if he stays kick happy he'll end up like Soward - at the moment he's only got one string to the bow - he needs all three
  • defence - he's a turnstile. If he doesn't fix that he won't play rep footy. You don't dropped talented turnstiles into origin
  • fitness and toughness - he looks like he couldn't blow out a candle most of the time - also compare him to Cronk and Thurston - how tough are they to keep getting up when they get bashed - he just doesn't seem to have that toughness yet
  • maturity, self-awareness, professionalism and leadership (ie knowing that there are other creative players in the team and he needs to work with them - they aren't there to be subservient to him, and he needs to be professional even if dickheads like Hayne are around, that professionalism needs to come from inside not external sources, and he needs to stop whinging when things don't work)
If he doesn't fix those issues then he'll end up just another talented bloke who never made it.

To be fair I have the same sort of concerns about Milford. Though they are lessening as time passes.

I concerned that he isn't fixing those things (indeed, I think he's gone backwards this year in some respects).

Compare him to Cleary - Cleary is streets ahead.

He'll also need some luck re injuries - bad shoulders at 22 aren't a good sign. Feel sorry for him on that score.

More than anything, I suspect he needs people to stop jizzing over him all the time. He's a kid. He's not a superstar of the game. ****, he hasn't played 50 games (that's Mitchell Moses territory). He's achieved precisely **** all yet as a first grade player. He's not worth a mil a season. He needs space to learn. And people telling him he's the next big thing and he'll be a superstar will detract from his learning (because like most kids he already thinks he's achieved something).

I'll agree that he might be a good player in years to come. He certainly has some natural skills (which helps, in some but not all cases cf Cooper Cronk and say Tim Smith; Cronk's success is down to years of bloody hard work rather than natural talent).

In order to do that he will need to work on some of the serious issues in his game:
  • awareness of when to pass and when to kick and when to run - if he stays kick happy he'll end up like Soward - at the moment he's only got one string to the bow - he needs all three
  • defence - he's a turnstile. If he doesn't fix that he won't play rep footy. You don't dropped talented turnstiles into origin
  • fitness and toughness - he looks like he couldn't blow out a candle most of the time - also compare him to Cronk and Thurston - how tough are they to keep getting up when they get bashed - he just doesn't seem to have that toughness yet
  • maturity, self-awareness, professionalism and leadership (ie knowing that there are other creative players in the team and he needs to work with them - they aren't there to be subservient to him, and he needs to be professional even if dickheads like Hayne are around, that professionalism needs to come from inside not external sources, and he needs to stop whinging when things don't work)
If he doesn't fix those issues then he'll end up just another talented bloke who never made it.

To be fair I have the same sort of concerns about Milford. Though they are lessening as time passes.

I concerned that he isn't fixing those things (indeed, I think he's gone backwards this year in some respects).

Compare him to Cleary - Cleary is streets ahead.

He'll also need some luck re injuries - bad shoulders at 22 aren't a good sign. Feel sorry for him on that score.

More than anything, I suspect he needs people to stop jizzing over him all the time. He's a kid. He's not a superstar of the game. ****, he hasn't played 50 games (that's Mitchell Moses territory). He's achieved precisely **** all yet as a first grade player. He's not worth a mil a season. He needs space to learn. And people telling him he's the next big thing and he'll be a superstar will detract from his learning (because like most kids he already thinks he's achieved something).

Yeah Cleary isn't as good as every makes out for him to be. I think people often think just because he is a gun goal kicker is the elite halfback but its not really the case. The panthers have struggled this year and they only really got going this year when Moylan made the move to the halves and started to take control of the teams attack. (plus helped by the run of easy games they had because they had the softest draw of everyone in the comp) Of the panthers wins this year, only one win has been against top 8 oppositions (which was 3 weeks ago the manly game). The panthers and Cleary aren't as good as people make them out to be. They are just beating bottom 8 sides on their big run.

Getting toxic here. What about the ashnostics? Where do they stand? Having said that would love to have him back at a fair price. Not 1.2 million (1/7 of cap) non-sense unless you are JT or Smith. Good halfback who shows huge promise especially if coached right and assuming he is humble enough to take direction - maybe 1/12 of your cap. 750 a year + TPAs could get him up 900 odd, maybe more if he kills it and works on his on screen personality. Better chance of Origin and Aus with us so that is good pay incentive if plays well in a good team. But in the end you are worth what the biggest moron is willing to pay so say hello Newcastle or Titans board and a Bird in the hand ... (Bennett can tell us the rest).

I find it really helpful to think of salary as fraction or percentage of projected cap. He is good but not worth having to take 4 of 30 on minimum wage to accomodate him yet.

Last edited:
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.