Could Bennett take Taylor from Titans?

A lot of players get scouted and amount to nothing. He isn't that guy yet and people need to stop acting like he is. I was tired of this Taylor potential talk a year ago and the bloke has legitimately gone backwards. Managing an NYC game is a fluke as each games winner is decided by a toss of the coin.

Maybe you're just some bloke who shows up to training sessions, but unless you're also a top talent scout who has provided top NRL clubs with star players, your opinion is worth the same as mine.

Thing is though, i'm not dismissing games because they are U20's, or saying he was hyped up from u15 games ( which i didnt anyway ) Like it or not, its exactly like i said, there has to be something at a base level to work with. Then its up to both the player and his club to work on and nurture that talent. If they are in the wrong environment, its not going to end well. The Titans currently imo isnt a good environment. I think anyone who has seen a fair bit of Taylor knows he has all the tools to be a pretty good number 7. Now whether he can put it all together consistently is another story. I'd bring him back here in a heartbeat, but certainly not for anywhere near the money bandied around for him.

Add that to the amount of jizz spilled on BHQ over the years about Player X in NYC, or Player Z from Q-Cup, and it's easy to get really jack of the constant "potential" players. I think BHQ has a strike rate around 10% for players who were talked up on the forum, who actually came in and played decent footy and made a career out of it.

I do agree with you there, but i think a lot of it on here is more from people who hear about the potential of players from other sources than their own eyes. Haas it the current one that i think people are getting overly carried away with because of his reputation. I'll be amazed if he pushes on enough to even be a bench player next year. I'd love to be wrong, but its a hell of a lot to expect somebody who will only be 19 next year .

Over a million for a player with only a few years in first grade. Taylor hasn't made any representative sides not even the Priminsters squad. He has won nothing and as a full time halfback he's no where to be seen in the Daly m points. Broncos shouldn't break the bank on a could be player.

What credibility does that Poster have though? Is be Smokin Joe level cred or Daniel O'Dowd level cred or is a simple unknown who we can't really be sure about yet.

I've thought since the Titans first tabled an offer to Taylor earlier this year and it wasn't accepted that he was on his way back.

As one of their posters mentioned we weren't supposed to negotiate a deal until November this year but what if it was put in place prior to him leaving?

Last edited:
What credibility does that Poster have though? Is be Smokin Joe level cred or Daniel O'Dowd level cred or is a simple unknown who we can't really be sure about yet.

The dude could also be totally telling the truth, but the "ex player" could have NFI.

How does this system work actually in terms of the November 1 thing?

For example, Blair has been offered two or three deals apparently despite being contracted which means clubs couldn't speak to him or am I wrong? Now, the Broncs caught wind of other offers and said they wouldn't stand in his way, does that mean then that the Warriors and Knights broke the rule technically but since the Broncs are ok with it, we all just forget it?

What about James Graham? Was he contracted for next season and therefore signing him by the Dragons is also technically illegal?

If this is the case, why are these ok but clubs talking to Taylor not ok? Or like everything NRL related, it is just whatever is interpreted on any given day?

I honestly have no idea, that's why I'm asking.

I thought that November 1 rule is long gone.

Clubs can talk to players any time, they just can't sign a contract until November 1st of the last contract year.

For example, Blair has been offered two or three deals apparently despite being contracted which means clubs couldn't speak to him or am I wrong? Now, the Broncs caught wind of other offers and said they wouldn't stand in his way, does that mean then that the Warriors and Knights broke the rule technically but since the Broncs are ok with it, we all just forget it?

What about James Graham? Was he contracted for next season and therefore signing him by the Dragons is also technically illegal?

If this is the case, why are these ok but clubs talking to Taylor not ok? Or like everything NRL related, it is just whatever is interpreted on any given day?

in both the Blair and Graham cases they were given permission by their clubs to talk to other clubs

Also because they're moving next year they were technically able to negotiate since last November once given permission by the club.

My basic understanding is that a contract can't be registered until November 1 but clubs would be in contact with managers, etc.

It's not like it would only between us and GC for Taylor maybe he's just waiting till November to see what he's actually worth on an open market when things can become official

Can't afford another million dollarydoos player, can we? Especially one who hasn't shown THAT much yet. If he comes for substantially less, sure.

Taylor should not be worth anything over 300k that is the honest truth. He has potential but has done nothing to say he is moving in the right direction. He seems to have a poor attitude and big head genetically and metaphorically. He needs to give up the money now and put his mind and body into learning to be a complete player.

There is no other rule than this simple one:

You cannot register a contract with the NRL more than 1 year away from the end of your current contract, unless it is to extend said contract.
NRL contracts go until the 31st October of whichever year they end, which is the reason for the 1st November date.
It is NOT illegal for clubs and players to talk before then, but no agreement made in that time, will be binding in the NRL's eyes.

There is no other rule than this simple one:

You cannot register a contract with the NRL more than 1 year away from the end of your current contract, unless it is to extend said contract.
NRL contracts go until the 31st October of whichever year they end, which is the reason for the 1st November date.
It is NOT illegal for clubs and players to talk before then, but no agreement made in that time, will be binding in the NRL's eyes.

I thought it was illegal for clubs to talk to them before 1 November unless the players club themselves give permission for the player to negotiate with rivals.

I thought it was illegal for clubs to talk to them before 1 November unless the players club themselves give permission for the player to negotiate with rivals.
Nope, not illegal.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • BroncsNBundy
  • BroncosMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • MrMoore
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skathen
  • westy316
  • vertigo
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.