Could Bennett take Taylor from Titans?

No im comparing someone else who wasn't living up to his hype, was struggling in a dysfunctional team. Yet he changes team and almost instantly hits some form. The way you carry on when someone says something positive about ash , you immediately spin it into an apparent love affair. Grow up and get over it !
All because I disagreed with the comparison.

Wow.

No im comparing someone else who wasn't living up to his hype, was struggling in a dysfunctional team. Yet he changes team and almost instantly hits some form. The way you carry on when someone says something positive about ash , you immediately spin it into an apparent love affair. Grow up and get over it !

I like Taylor but you have to admit, regardless of the team's performance or not, Taylor is the team's halfback, he is responsible for their attack. It would be different if he was creating chances and his numpty teammates were Moga-ing it up. But this isn't the case most of the time. Yes, he has a pretty poor back line around him but he still bears some blame. Moses is going better now with a good back line around him but he was the only attacking threat at the Tigers, Brooks offers nothing.

Sometimes a change of environment can work wonders and obviously, the Broncos environment is ten times that of the Titans but the fact he barely looks like he is trying and gets up teammates for his own poor kick is not a good look is it? Hopefully it is just a team environment thing because the kid is clearly talented (and does seem injured) but his performance and seeming lack of heart (read professionalism) is a legitimate concern, regardless of whether one is a 'lover' or 'hater' of Taylor (because apparently there is no in-between?).

Kodi and Milf are both so lethal with the ball in hand that it sort of makes up for their average kicking games (although I rate both of their kicking games over Hunt, especially short kicking).

Kodi especially creates so much trouble because he can either run it himself, use his 2nd rower with one of the best short passes in the game, go to his centre with a cut out, or utilise Boyd out the back. He never falters mentally either, which is incredible for a 22 year old. Add in all the skills of Milford, plus the composure Boyd brings, and it's a dangerous combination for any defence.

EDIT: I've also noticed that Taylor gets rattled easily. Blokes like Gas (who was fellating him last night) can talk about how tough he is, but he goes MIA after copping a few huge shots.

Last edited:
Mitchell Moses is the most overrated footballer in the comp.

Luke Brooks on the other hand goes ok, biggest problem brooks has is keeping his head in the game, his defence whilst still crap has improved from absolutely non existant. Whilst Mitchell Moses give sup two tries to papalii every time we play him, he is the worst defender in the comp.

Mitchell Moses is like a poor mans kurt gidley that cant tackle. He tries really hard, has a good running game but thats about it.

Mitchell Moses is the most overrated footballer in the comp.

Luke Brooks on the other hand goes ok, biggest problem brooks has is keeping his head in the game, his defence whilst still crap has improved from absolutely non existant. Whilst Mitchell Moses give sup two tries to papalii every time we play him, he is the worst defender in the comp.

Mitchell Moses is like a poor mans kurt gidley that cant tackle. He tries really hard, has a good running game but thats about it.

You can throw in james Tedesco too. That guy is seriously overrated. He gets talked up like some sort of messiah who is faster than Usain Bolt.

I like Taylor but you have to admit, regardless of the team's performance or not, Taylor is the team's halfback, he is responsible for their attack. It would be different if he was creating chances and his numpty teammates were Moga-ing it up. But this isn't the case most of the time. Yes, he has a pretty poor back line around him but he still bears some blame. Moses is going better now with a good back line around him but he was the only attacking threat at the Tigers, Brooks offers nothing.

Sometimes a change of environment can work wonders and obviously, the Broncos environment is ten times that of the Titans but the fact he barely looks like he is trying and gets up teammates for his own poor kick is not a good look is it? Hopefully it is just a team environment thing because the kid is clearly talented (and does seem injured) but his performance and seeming lack of heart (read professionalism) is a legitimate concern, regardless of whether one is a 'lover' or 'hater' of Taylor (because apparently there is no in-between?).

Agreed

As a "Taylor lover", I completely agree with @Sproj . He's definitely not playing well and some of the Titans current predicament certainly rests on him. On the other hand, it's a tough ask for a rookie halfback to do much more in a team in such disarray, on and off the field.

He's not a running half, at least nowhere near Milf, Hunt or Kodi, but he does normally take on the line to commit players and definitely has a passing game.
He is however favouring his kicking too much at the moment. Whether it is because of some niggling injury, tactical plan, or induced by the success he's had kicking for tries, he will need to mix it up more for sure, or he will become too one dimensional.

I'm sure he can flourish in an environment like the Broncos, which I'm sure Wayne will use to his advantage when trying to convince Taylor to move back home for a lesser pay than on offer at the Tits.

In the end, the Broncos success is what matters most, and I believe Taylor can make the team better as a whole, even if he isn't individually better than our current options, because a good kicking game and control is essential in the modern game, especially in tough games against better teams.

I think Taylor is a heads up player and at the moment if he sees an opportunity with his kick he puts it in there, because he has the skills to execute it off the cuff.

Watching titans last night they were definitely going through the motions. There was no penetration from the forwards and the ball movement was very sideways with no effort to engage the defensive line.

I was disappointed not to see a change of tactics by either half when it was obvious the eels were playing a fast defensive line inside the 20. They should've utilized their second rowers as they would've been one on one with the opposing halves against that kind of fast moving line... which would give them a quick play the ball at worst.

You can throw in james Tedesco too. That guy is seriously overrated. He gets talked up like some sort of messiah who is faster than Usain Bolt.
I'm torn between whether he's a good player or whether he's another RTS - great returner of the ball and fast but not much else.

I think he offers slightly more than RTS.

I'm torn between whether he's a good player or whether he's another RTS - great returner of the ball and fast but not much else.

I think he offers slightly more than RTS.

I just don't think he's that fast. He made a clean break in an origin game once with no one ahead him only to be run down by cooper cronk. When I think fast I think the jet and addo Carr

I just don't think he's that fast. He made a clean break in an origin game once with no one ahead him only to be run down by cooper cronk. When I think fast I think the jet and addo Carr

His acceleration over the first 10 -15 is what makes him dangerous

I though RTS only offered passes that are begging to be intercepted! :porthozthinksthisishot:
I never really understood the hype on rts, sure you could find earlier quotes of mine.

I dont think he's a bad player but his main game was kick returns and broken play running. Kick it dead and set your line and he has nothing.

Ash Taylor is copping it deluxe because of a perception that he has knifed the coach.

I still haven't seen a quote from him regarding Henry. The kid goes ok and will prove to be a very good player behind a good pack.

I reckon a few more big losses for the titans and Taylor will be on the phone to Bennett for reassurance. Could see it in his eyes last night like he was lost and didn't want to be there.

I reckon a few more big losses for the titans and Taylor will be on the phone to Bennett for reassurance. Could see it in his eyes last night like he was lost and didn't want to be there.

I can see taylor coming back , elgey leaving and t. Roberts going aswell and then hayne whenever he decides to leave and they will go after todd carney perfect face for the gc [emoji23][emoji23]

It would be good though for Taylor to come and actually say he didn't knife Henry. I know he probably doesn't want to offend Payne Hayne but the silence on this one is interesting.

As a "Taylor lover", I completely agree with @Sproj . He's definitely not playing well and some of the Titans current predicament certainly rests on him. On the other hand, it's a tough ask for a rookie halfback to do much more in a team in such disarray, on and off the field.

He's not a running half, at least nowhere near Milf, Hunt or Kodi, but he does normally take on the line to commit players and definitely has a passing game.
He is however favouring his kicking too much at the moment. Whether it is because of some niggling injury, tactical plan, or induced by the success he's had kicking for tries, he will need to mix it up more for sure, or he will become too one dimensional.

I'm sure he can flourish in an environment like the Broncos, which I'm sure Wayne will use to his advantage when trying to convince Taylor to move back home for a lesser pay than on offer at the Tits.

In the end, the Broncos success is what matters most, and I believe Taylor can make the team better as a whole, even if he isn't individually better than our current options, because a good kicking game and control is essential in the modern game, especially in tough games against better teams.

Somebody finally talking sense.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jedhead
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • Cavalo
  • azza.79
  • Fozz
  • Rookie Alan
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • Alec
  • Volvo Driver
  • Painin the Haas
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.